Bad Guy Fire and Ice Dragons (Terri Sommella) - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #101
joshjtd
I understand that breeders have policies in place to protect themselves. I am by no mean trying to scam her. No where on her site does it say that there are absolutely no refunds. I do have a message out to Terri and I am hoping I get a response.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #102
woodrott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
Since the deal isn't between you and him, you don't really need to understand "why" he wants the refund. Whether "sh.t happens" or not, it's not your place to say, as the transaction was between him and her...
yes your right but im trying to help resolve the problem if i can

if i understand why maybe i can help?????

Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #103
woodrott
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjtd View Post
If you look at her site, there are two hatch dates for the Mia x Photon pairing.

Babies Hatched: 6-7-10 SOLD OUT
Second Clutch Hatched: 7-3-10

My suspicion is that she over sold the first clutch and bumped me to the second and I am being mislead to believe that I am still on the first clutch that I had originally bought from.
i don't know what the exact arrangement was but lets say that's true and there wasn't a hold back in that clutch for you

then is it any hard ship waiting a few more weeks for what you wanted

see this is what i don't understand when i import i can wait 6 months
for the dragons Ive ordered i thought that was the norm
people over here order from me sometimes 12 months in advance

Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #104
Sushi Dragons
Mark, I don't think there is much you can do to help the situation as it stands. We can sympathize, offer advice, and commiserate with Terri and/or Josh all day long, but ultimately it is between them.

Just as I think Terri should just go ahead and refund his money, you believe Josh needs to wait it out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in the end what happens is between them.

Josh purchased the dragon thinking he was going to be receiving it by the end of June. Now that it is mid-July, he feels that Terri did not uphold her end of the bargain. Since she will not offer pictures for another two weeks and has possibly oversold her stock, Josh wants a refund. I am not certain what you can do to remedy the situation for Josh unless perhaps you are able to send him a healthy young dragon worth the amount he paid or issue his refund.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #105
joshjtd
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrott View Post
i don't know what the exact arrangement was but lets say that's true and there wasn't a hold back in that clutch for you

Yes it is. This was not in our original agreement. Do you think she would have held the dragon for me if I told her that it would take me and extra month to make payment? No she would not have. This goes both ways.

I do not understand, why there is such an issue with simply getting a refund?

Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #106
bakew13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Dragons View Post
Mark, I don't think there is much you can do to help the situation as it stands. We can sympathize, offer advice, and commiserate with Terri and/or Josh all day long, but ultimately it is between them.

Just as I think Terri should just go ahead and refund his money, you believe Josh needs to wait it out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in the end what happens is between them.

Josh purchased the dragon thinking he was going to be receiving it by the end of June. Now that it is mid-July, he feels that Terri did not uphold her end of the bargain. Since she will not offer pictures for another two weeks and has possibly oversold her stock, Josh wants a refund. I am not certain what you can do to remedy the situation for Josh unless perhaps you are able to send him a healthy young dragon worth the amount he paid or issue his refund.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #107
scaledverts
Quote:

IF that is the case, Josh is being misled as he suspects! He paid for the best (or one of the best) dragons out of the first clutch! To be given a dragon out of the second clutch without making prior arrangements means that the original deal has been broken and Josh is NOT getting what he paid for. Who knows maybe the second clutch will have a better "hold back quality" dragon, but maybe not. Either way, IF this is what has happened, Josh should have been kept in the loop more and I suspect this would have never been brought to the BOI.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #108
Sushi Dragons
Quote:

Yes, but that is when you are expecting the wait. You know that you will be waiting months and you are okay with that arrangement. Josh did not sign up for several months of patience. He paid up front for a dragon that he was expecting to be delivered by the end of June. When there are dozens of other high quality dragons looking for homes, there isn't the incentive to wait for weeks on end with no contact from the breeder.

Some people are happy to wait a little longer than anticipated and some are not. Maybe if Terri were to pop in with some pictures showing Josh's healthy baby eating heartily, basking luxuriously, sleeping peacefully, and looking around at this great big world with big bright eyes he might be inclined to stick it out. A little customer service goes a long way and Josh doesn't seem to be getting what he needs.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #109
woodrott
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybaroness View Post
I'd like to know what has been verbal abuse? If you would like me to get nasty I will do so.

Everything I stated was a fact.

Why are you hung up on the flipping flag?
It's an icon that's used on the site there is a whole mess of them just to right side of the screen when you post. I could have easily picked any one of them, just like any user can. There are a few loads worse than the flag.

I'm sure the OP is pretty put back at this whole mess with his dragon and money.
in the UK to be called a bull sh.tter is verbal abuse
its a big insult

all Ive done is give positive comments and tried in my own way find a middle ground
and see if things can be resolved

all you have done is stir things up, if you cannot find any thing positive to say then don't post

how do you expect me to feel when the first post i make you call me a bull sh.tter,is this the way you speak to every one you meet for the first time

Old 07-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #110
spyder79
Quote:
in the UK to be called a bull sh.tter is verbal abuse
its a big insult

all Ive done is give positive comments and tried in my own way find a middle ground
and see if things can be resolved

all you have done is stir things up, if you cannot find any thing positive to say then don't post

how do you expect me to feel when the first post i make you call me a bull sh.tter,is this the way you speak to every one you meet for the first time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!