Bad Guy Avangel Reptiles- parasitic reptiles, and more - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #101
tkevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangel Reptiles View Post
I guess that is for you to decide, but I do know, no one is arguing my validation of me being a "MILITARY VETERAN" now, I guess that means, even though we may have an entire family of veterans, we don't always know what it means to be a veteran.
Some of us, (26 years USAF, spouse, 23 years USAF) know exatcly what it means to be a veteran. We can also read a DD214. 3 years total, one tour in the AOR as a mechanic, likely never leaving the Green Zone, doesn't make you Chris Kyle or Bob O'Neill. Give it a rest.

T.K. Schleben, MSgt, RET. USAF

Old 04-12-2015, 12:36 AM   #102
Flashpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkevan View Post
Some of us, (26 years USAF, spouse, 23 years USAF) know exatcly what it means to be a veteran. We can also read a DD214. 3 years total, one tour in the AOR as a mechanic, likely never leaving the Green Zone, doesn't make you Chris Kyle or Bob O'Neill. Give it a rest.

Thank you for your service to our country MSgt. Schleben.
His claims of being a vet are so overplayed and kind of disgraceful to the real veterans. I'm not even a military person and I could see he hadn't done anything serious based on the form he posted. IMO, it's a cop out, and a weak one at that... And definitely not an excuse for his behavior toward these customers.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:40 AM   #103
KFoxysGeckos
Quote:

Thank you for your many years of service.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:47 AM   #104
tkevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
Thank you for your service to our country MSgt. Schleben.
His claims of being a vet are so overplayed and kind of disgraceful to the real veterans. I'm not even a military person and I could see he hadn't done anything serious based on the form he posted. IMO, it's a cop out, and a weak one at that... And definitely not an excuse for his behavior toward these customers.
Don't misunderstand my post. Everything done in a military uniform is 'serious', whether it's the cook making the meals or the Pararescue jumping into the middle of the fight. Everyday you're in the AOR, someone wants to kill you, just because of the uniform. But I don't like when someone uses their military service to excuse poor behavior.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:30 AM   #105
KFoxysGeckos
Quote:
Don't misunderstand my post. Everything done in a military uniform is 'serious', whether it's the cook making the meals or the Pararescue jumping into the middle of the fight. Everyday you're in the AOR, someone wants to kill you, just because of the uniform. But I don't like when someone uses their military service to excuse poor behavior.
That was pretty much my point, the way it came up had no relevance to the geckos, then when he called my husband asked him about it and he just acted sketchy about it and changed the subject, which instilled doubts.

Update on Mew... she did eat the one day, then has refused food for the last 2 feedings, so she got carnivore care. She had gained one gram up to 28 total, and weighed her again tonight and shes vack down to 26. Every time I get one on her, she turns around and loses 2. I have a small amount of feces collected in the refridgerator, and still looking for a newer fresh sample.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #106
Flashpoint
Quote:
My apologies for my misspeaking. That's my fault, I couldn't quite figure out the appropriate wording to express what I was thinking, and it came out poorly. I respect anyone who is brave enough to volunteer to do something like that. I know I couldnt. I simply meant that he talked as if he had been involved in or seen some horrific things while over there when it was likely he didn't see much action, and seems to have used that almost as an excuse for poor behavior or poor treatment of animals. At the very least, it was basically irrelevant to the issue at hand when it was brought up. What he may or may not have seen should not effect how he treats people and animals that much. Additionally, the flip flopping on whether he was a veteran or not is definitely weird to me. He claims to be a vet, then says he isn't, then goes back to saying he is. Flip-flopping should be for shoes and politicians only IMO (haha). I think we all agree with you on your dislike of his use of military service to excuse poor behavior as well.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #107
GirlZilla
I'm really surprised that no one else has pointed out that it's pretty obvious that the pics sent are not of the same animals received, unless I'm getting my pictures confused. The spots simply don't match up in the pictures shown on page 2.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:15 PM   #108
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlZilla View Post
I'm really surprised that no one else has pointed out that it's pretty obvious that the pics sent are not of the same animals received, unless I'm getting my pictures confused. The spots simply don't match up in the pictures shown on page 2.
I don’t see anything significant, via markings, that points to different/switched geckos.
Now, the very first picture is of a different gecko than what was received. However, the gecko was switched, to the other, with the OP's prior knowledge & consent (prior to shipment).
The OP simply posted that first picture to show what she had initially chosen before that gecko was switched to the gecko that was received.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #109
GirlZilla
Ok, like I said the pictures were a bit confusing and I wasn't sure. Just double checking!

Old 04-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #110
KFoxysGeckos
No the pics are the same geckos (the shtctb and the eclipse WITH spots on its back) as the ones that i recieved, however they did not arrive looking like the pictures healthwise... weight and color

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
leopard gecko, parasites