They're "Good People" - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:28 PM   #101
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Wes is the man and even though some may think he is all out to get everyone he really isn't (IMHO), he just has a way about him and how he says things that scares people (me inculded sometimes lol) but when he is done with you and done knocking you to the ground for your mistake, he will and does help you get back up if you really want his help and do the right thing!

One I did leave off is Critical Bill, he is one of my favorites on this site and I hold very high regard for him!
Wendy, I remember my very first post to you. You had me at hello....*giggles*. Thank you for the mention, I too value very much what you bring to fauna.

I think its safe to say that I value all of you. You each bring a wealth of knowledge and experience that makes fauna a very special place.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:11 PM   #102
dragonflyreptiles
Chuck I rememeber the beginning post with you too and I gotta say Id be in BIG trouble if I admitted you had me at hello TOOO hehehehehe

I do think that fauna as a whole is an amazing group of people!

Old 05-23-2005, 11:34 PM   #103
robin d.
Quote:
I know you have bad eyesight and I feel for you, I am -275 in the right and -325 in the left but I can see close up and about 20/40 with contacts.

My moms vision is like yours and she has to have glasses to find her glasses lol

Your typos really make my day by making me see how much you put into this site without being able to see very well and it has to be hard at times so I know your typos are earned by taking time to post all you can to help others and an inibility to view everything you type!
iv always had poor eyesight so i dont know any different, it is just worse now. the only aid i use is my magnifyer.. people ask me how i get around but when you have grown up this way, you dont know what good eyesight so it comes second nature and just make due with what ya got. i really live just like everyone here with a few exceptions. poeple would be very suprised what i can do... russ hates it when i am using a knife to cut veggies like the big kitchen knife or the cleever lmao or when i use my box cutter to clean under my fingernails (when i have fingernails)

Old 05-23-2005, 11:57 PM   #104
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
iv always had poor eyesight so i dont know any different, it is just worse now. the only aid i use is my magnifyer.. people ask me how i get around but when you have grown up this way, you dont know what good eyesight so it comes second nature and just make due with what ya got. i really live just like everyone here with a few exceptions. poeple would be very suprised what i can do... russ hates it when i am using a knife to cut veggies like the big kitchen knife or the cleever lmao or when i use my box cutter to clean under my fingernails (when i have fingernails)

You know I can totally relate with you on the eyesight issue Robin. As I said when we spoke on the phone. I have been on the receiving end of 2 eye operations so far and still have to wear glasses. Hopefully the 3rd operation will let me see without any aids at all.

It's amazing what people can adapt themselves too when they can't see. I know you and I just do things a bit diffrently because we learned to do them sight impaired. I just think it gives us added "character" !!!

Old 05-24-2005, 01:11 AM   #105
robin d.
amen brother.. i have only had one operation on my eyes as a child... the only operations i forsee are corneal transplants in both eyes but until i can no longer funtion normally im not gonna get em too much risk involved at this pint in time

Old 05-24-2005, 11:56 AM   #106
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.

My moms eyesight is like that too, she can get around the house because she knows where everything is but she can't "see" anything. I was over there on Easter when we were getting ready to go to my aunties for brunch and mom was frantic that she could not find her glasses so we were searching everywhere, I finally looked over at her and said hey they are on your face and she said no I use these to see well enough to find my real ones. I feel for her, her eyes have been like that since childhood too.

I started wearing glasses in grade school but I an nearsighted so Im fine with the close stuff, mom can;t see close, middle or far, she has those tri focals and they still do not get her to 20/20

Russ sounds like a grea guy! Id be a alittle nervous seeing you with a big knife or that box cutter too lol

mine says I am not allowed around sharp objects cause Im so clumsy

Old 05-24-2005, 12:18 PM   #107
critical bill
Bad eyes....

...I'll just add that to my list of growing ailments. I hate the thought of operations so I may just decide to become the snoop doggy dog of fauna.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #108
robin d.
wendy, the best my vision has ever been was 20/80 i am nearsighted as well but since this kertoconus i cant see close middle or far... well i can see better close than far but much worse now
my corrected vision is 20/250 left eye and 20/300 something in the right.. i dont know or care what my uncorrected vision is... once you reach a certasin point well its pointless to know... you just know its crappy LOL

Old 05-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #109
dragonflyreptiles
Robin, that is about what mine is uncorrected, Ill have to take my contacts out on a brave day and see if I can get threw the house, I am 20/275 and 20/325 but with my stay in everyday contacts I an about 20/40 so I have NO idea how you do all you do!

Old 05-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #110
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Robin, that is about what mine is uncorrected, Ill have to take my contacts out on a brave day and see if I can get threw the house, I am 20/275 and 20/325 but with my stay in everyday contacts I an about 20/40 so I have NO idea how you do all you do!
My sight uncorrected is 20/60 in both eyes after surgery. With contacts I see a perfect 20/20 but I hope to one day get lasic(sp?) surgery and not have to wear anything.
I had to have my retna's reattatched when I was 19 due to having retinitus pigmentosa. My grandmother and 2 of her brothers had it and were all completely blind by 22 yrs of age. Sadly back in the early to mid 70's surgery was not an option for any of them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!