The wild, wild, west! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #101
Otter_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
Unless management wants to initiate an automatic limit to a thread, then some threads going long will be a fact of life. If some folks want to claim to be unable to tell the difference between "smack" and "disagreement", then such will have to be their ignorance in life. Its not hard to figure out IMO.
Jim do I really have to cut a paste all the threads where you have surpassed disagreement and moved into smack. I think some of your posts would be very beneficial if after you wrote them you read them into a mirror. Although this is just another example of you being involved in debate and not knowing when to just let it go. It is amazing how you became an expert on ignorance. Practice makes perfect? This is my irritated post, this is what I should have typed and just left

Jim you have the power to reduce the amount of uselessness in many of threads. Use that power.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #102
Wilomn
I think that some of chumcos posts off the main boards, those pm's and emails he's so very fond of, would cast a slightly less flattering pallor upon him than he would like.

At least some people here are honest and true to themselves, and all the Faithful Fauna Readers, not backstabbing hypocrits trying to sway popular opinion by secretly undermining the confidence of those to whom his intelligence is like a candle when compared to a volcano.

I'll use myself for example.

What you see here is what there is in private.

Can YOU jimbo, say the same and say it whilst being honest?

One of the biggest problems here is the do as I say not as I do mentality that pervades many.

I say do as you will and IF I have an opinion, I'll tell you right here just the same as I would in a pm or email.

Oh well, gotta have black to appreciate white I suppose.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #103
WebSlave
Quote:
Laura,
I guess we each will have a differing view of what the "topic at hand is", and then can tell each other that "you aren't talking about the topic at hand". So deferring back to my view of TTAH, I thought it had to do with improving civility here. My solution was for more people to step up and be active in trying to maintain it. Right now, the insults not only go unchecked, but often are applauded. Generically speaking, by doing nothing except expect someone else to do something, Fauna members have got the Fauna that they deserve! Happy Thanksgiving !
Jim,

Did the fact that I was trying to do exactly that and FAILED, happen to escape your notice? Why do you think one or more others attempting the same thing would now succeed? Do you think that someone actively trying to improve the civility here would work? How so? How would someone enforce such a thing? By arguing with the person being uncivil? By calling them out in public? By trying to embarrass or belittle them into becoming more civil?

Yeah, THAT will work.............

Absolutely the ONLY way to do that is by simply ignoring the taunts and not responding to them. To isolate such people by avoidance. And that, my friends, will happen three days after Hell freezes over.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #104
varnyard
That is a dang good post Rich!! I think it answers the questions to a T.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #105
Chameleon Company
Rich,
I believe I have quite a number of comments indicating that I was sympathetic to your frustrations, in that as you say, you had tried it and it didn't work, and wasn't worth the effort. If it is beyond the collective membership of those who want to improve things to be that catalyst themselves, then they are likely to not see the change that they hope for, as you put it here:

Quote:
Absolutely the ONLY way to do that is by simply ignoring the taunts and not responding to them. To isolate such people by avoidance. And that, my friends, will happen three days after Hell freezes over.
Seems as though the wait will be a long one.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #106
shrap
Quote:
Well Sammy, my understanding is that the job is still open ....... and you seem qualified to fill those shoes. I would present your post as illustrative of the topic at hand though. Happy holidays to you Sammy.
Lighten up Jim. It's called a joke. There was no ill will in it at all.

But to keep the thread on topic..... as your above post very well illustrates, it is often the readers misinterpretation of another's posts that leads things down hill and not the post or poster at all.

Too many people run around WANTING to read more into a post than what is really there. I have been guilty of it myself. So the problem is two fold. One is the people who want to drag things into the gutter by their posts, and others that erroneously see the gutter in other peoples posts when it really is not there.

So we not only have a responsibility to post without trying to offend, but also not to read more into posts than what the poster intended. I would like to thank Randy for helping me see how important the latter of those two points are when it comes to avoiding unnecessary pissing contests.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:18 PM   #107
Chameleon Company
Sammy,
errrrrr .... I thought mine was a joke too ....... has a smiley face to help illustrate ..... but as you say, the reader often misinterprets the writer

Old 11-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #108
shrap
Jim,

I was not sure if the smiley went with the content of the post or the "Happy Holidays".

See if you would just use your smileys in a more efficient way then none of this would have ever happened. Geez Jim!!!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #109
Chameleon Company
Damn smileys ... they are so ellusive. I don't believe either of us is giving up our day jobs in pursuit of humor. BTW, perhaps one way to define "Happy Thanksgiving" is a day without Fauna

Old 11-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #110
Stardust
My oh My, someone is trying to be Wes again. Gee I wonder who that could be? HMMMMMMMMM
I do recall this that I have posted that came from another site. It is also someone that was imitating Wes, this person I happen to know did it because she joked to me about it thru INSTANT MESSAGES sessions that are still on yahoo, remember???? You also wanted me to make up a name, which I did not.
What havoc was called then. NOtice, there was only one L added at the time, but people thought it was him.
IP's can be played around with, and thru certains avenues can't be traced as easily. I can be in MI or I can be somewhere else, weird how that works. lol.
AnyHoo, thought I would add my two cents since I know this has happened before and the person who did it and exactly where.
Dang, been away for a bit, since when were we allowed to use alias'? I thought that was a definite no no.
Shame on who ever is doing this

Viewing Profile: Willomn Profile Options

Willomn

Casual Herper

Friends:

Member Group: VIP Member

Active Stats
User's local time Nov 29 2006, 10:07 PM
Total Cumulative Posts 18
( 0 posts per day / 0.02% of total forum posts )
Most active in TRR's Bar & Grill
( 4 posts / 27% of this member's active posts )
Last Active 10th August 2004 - 06:31 PM
Status (Offline)
Communicate
No Information
No Information
No Information
No Information
Send a Personal Message
Send an Email

Information
View this member's personal page
Home Page No Information
Birthday No Information
Location No Information
Interests No Information
Additional Information
How did you hear about TRR No Information
Sex No Information
Collection No Information
Hobby Interest No Information

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!