A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #101
micah01
What snakes do you own?:2 Corns
Why do you keep snakes?:Their interesting to watch.
What other animals do you have?:1 Bearded dragon, 6 mice 2 dogs, 1 cat, 11 chickens
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Pipe Smoking, Archery
Anything else to add?:nope
(Optional) Picture:

Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #102
pastytyler44
Occupation:inspector for BP/ company who ruined the ocean due to oil spill
What snakes do you own?:12 ball pythons, 1 white lip python, 1 GTP
Why do you keep snakes?:dope animals, dont annoy you like other animals, and the paint jobs!
What other animals do you have?:49 african soft furred rats, 1 rat terrorist, and 1 bull terrior
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:spending time with the animals, and kickin it with the woman, im a home body that loves moves and im half covered in tats...
Anything else to add?retty cool thread, very interesting
(Optional) Picture:

Old 05-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #103
pastytyler44
correction its 11 ball pythons, not 12, and more pics

Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #104
machine0020
What snakes do you own?:7 balls, various morphs
Why do you keep snakes?:Fascinated since I was 5 and got my first garter snake.
What other animals do you have?:1 Bearded dragon, 2 tricycle motors
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Offroading my Jeep, shooting, photography
Anything else to add?: San Dimas High School football RULES!!!
(Optional) Picture:
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...h/DSC00900.jpg
Me at work...
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...ansmith/78.jpg
Me at play...
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...h/IMG_1065.jpg
Me and the little one in a piranha tank...
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/...h/IMG_5629.jpg
The ankle biters...

Old 05-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #105
machine0020
Figured out pics...

Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #106
machine0020
Me at work...

Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #107
Riyeko

Occupation:Assistant Animal Control Officer for the Nevada,MO Animal Shelter.

What snakes do you own?: 2 month old Columbian Red Tailed Boa.

Why do you keep snakes?: I always like to own the weird type of animals. Ive had tons of lizards, snakes, snails, fish, rodents, dogs, cats... gah you name it ive owned it (except the really rare stuff). I love animals and like to be surrounded by them at all times!

What other animals do you have?: 2 Russian Dwarf Hamsters (Lilly and Ghost), A border collie/austrailian cattle dog (Zoe), and two cats; my fat orange Jones, and my black/white Sammy kitty.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?: I love writing and singing to myself, I love to role play with friends, I like to have good clean fun (alcohol is okay, but not a must), like to hang out with my children, I love to play pretend with my boys (jedi-demon-monster-transformers is the !)
I also love to ride horses and photograph animals doing funny things.

Anything else to add?: I love my job. A lot. I love being around animals in general and love snakes due to the interesting nature they present to the world. My mom always hated me bringing home garden snakes that I would catch, but I always loved the challenge they presented.
When I was 17 I caught a cotton mouth in the small park on the edge of town. I kept her successfully for two years until my mother found out she was poisonous. I ended up donating her to the Conservation Department (since she had been in my possesion for so long), for educational purposes. I miss Gorgita =(
I also love horses. They are beautiful creatures and ive loved them since I saw the movie Black Beauty.
I also love to read, any kind of story with dragons, magic and wizards, even vampires and werewolves, im drawn to.

(Optional) Picture:\

Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 AM   #108
gothicgirly2002
What snakes do you own?:columbian redtail ball python albino burmese python african reticulated python jungle carpet python
Why do you keep snakes?:they are beautiful animals that are horribly misunderstood when i was a child i was afraid of snakes but as with everything i was afraid of i began to study it so i understood them and i fell in love from there
What other animals do you have?:i have had birds and various other reptiles amphibians rodents and cats right now i have a pit mix a malchi and an uber mutt
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:gardening painting cooking fishing drawing, photography and photoshop
Anything else to add?:i love snakes because they are all beautiful in there own way right now i am scouting around to find a brb that is just right for me
(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me and pops 2.jpg (22.6 KB, 281 views)

Old 06-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #109
Fush
What snakes do you own?: For now I own a female Mojave Ball python, A male lesser plat ball python, a female yellow belly Ball python, a Male Cinnamon Ball python, a female banded ball python, a female red tail boa, a albino kingsnake ( the kind is unknown currently), and soon to get a female Brizilian rainbow boa, and a pair of albino speckled kingsnakes. plus possible paradox sunglow boa (still unconfermed).
Why do you keep snakes?: I wanted to give rodants a rest as I done that for too long. I always adored snakes as they are beautiful and powerful in their grace. I feel I bond with snakes better then a mammal. Also most of their lives can be in a purse while you can go to town so thats a plus!
What other animals do you have?: I have 2 chickens, 1 transgendered duck (was a female mallard but now is a male due to age: 14 years old will be 15 in Nov), 1 female goose (yay for eggs!), a donkey, 2 dogs, and 3 cats.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: I enjoy doing art, video gaming, taking photos of nature (mostly my snakes lol), and various other things when I'm in the mood.
Anything else to add?: I'm sad to say Snakes are addictive. I don't really care. All will be loved in all possible ways!
(Optional) Picture:

Below is me with my Cinnamon ball python boy whose name is Treasure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0186.jpg (129.4 KB, 275 views)

Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #110
smb2585
Meeee!!

Occupation: Dispatcher & Accounts Receivable for a local HVAC, Plumbing, & Utility company
What snakes do you own?:8 ball pythons.. and still adding
Why do you keep snakes?: I was honestly petrified before we got them but after educating myself, i found that I love them... often times more than my boyfriend especially my Bees
What other animals do you have?:2 cats, and a robo dwarf hamster.. and I have a betta and some other weird fish on my desk at work
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Bowling, Reading, Watching TV/Movies, playing PS3
Anything else to add?: I have a 7 yr old daughter and a normal life and im not a crazy person that owns snakes but when ppl find out i have snakes... im the "weird snake girl" at work and i hear "you wanna know what the best kind of snake is?? ... a dead one"... i guess i dont come off as the "snake kind" ???
(Optional) Picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stephanie.jpg (118.1 KB, 272 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!