Bad Guy Kingsnake.com/Jeff Barringer/ Bad business!! Legal? - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #101
nixer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
Yes,

It is obvious to me that many people have a beef with KS. Is it because they are number 1 or is there really a problem? It is laughable to me too. Everyone I have dealt with seems to like using KS. I get it. Some people want to start another web site to compete with KS. And then that will become the number 1 web site and everyone can go bash that one too. The only thing I see is a bunch of crooks that like to prey on our hobby, and sites like KS will not let it happen there. I commend them. Thank you very much for keeping the garbage out. This guy has had two days to prove out his names....How many more days are required....Tick Tock Tick Tock.....The clock is running......

Regards to the honest people,

Bill Rubin
KS has had many crooks there that are still there and use it all the time just start looking up ppl on here

Old 11-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #102
kylemillsap
Barry , Barry ,Barry. I would say that is a good reason to ban you from a reptile classifieds site.How can you say that is unjust? Take it like a man and stop the shenanigans!

Old 11-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #103
kylemillsap
There are plenty of BADGUYS on KS!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #104
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinwg View Post
The only thing I see is a bunch of crooks that like to prey on our hobby, and sites like KS will not let it happen there. I commend them. Thank you very much for keeping the garbage out.
You're delusional if you think KS bans known scammers. Do some research.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #105
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemillsap View Post
Barry , Barry ,Barry. I would say that is a good reason to ban you from a reptile classifieds site.How can you say that is unjust? Take it like a man and stop the shenanigans!
Kyle,

First off, Harald will prove over the weekend that Richard is separate than me. Secondly, I had bought 9 reptiles overseas years back not fully knowing what ramifications that would take place or that I needed documents. That over embelished LA times article simply named me ALONG with Bobby Ginn as well as others who was reportedly using KS to launder his animals. NOT me. Mine got taken before I could even do anything with them.(Keep them, sell them, eat them, etc..) As they say, don't believe everything you read in the media. I wasn't arrested, but did have my day in court. Am I ashamed? No. Am I embarrassed? Yes. Jeff banned me just for being named in an article, but yet he endorses and supports guys(and a book) that glamorizes smuggling on his site? Hyprocracy if you ask me! If you heard what I had to go through over 9 reptiles and all the facts surrounding that, then you might look at things differently. I was hardly a "smuggler", but definately an overzealous hobbyist who was sent some reptiles and wasn't asked to pay til I received them. There have been many a good people and their families who have been snared into this trap and paid the price dearly for it. I'm one of them. So, try not to be overly judgmental from what you hear. Since then I have immersed myself in the "do's and dont's" of buying, selling, CITES, etc...

Trust me, there are a TON more people around like me, but are just not as vocal about it. I hope I can get someone to learn from my mistake when you buy animals here and overseas. Not fun. I paid my price to the govt and society, but that wasn't good enough for KS. So, in short, Jeff has a set of rules for some people on his site and another set for other folks.

If you still care to judge me, then please think about all the "common" reptiles we all enjoy and keep currently and realize that MANY of these species are avail for you to enjoy and work with because they were "smuggled" into the U.S. and are now saturated in the market and it too late for our govt to round up a million turtles, tortoises, lizards, etc.....

I don't need Richard to sell animals. I introduced him to the hobby sold him a few very common surplus babies and odds and ends for him and his son to play with and make a small buck on. That's all. Get informed before you judge or ridicule. You just may learn something valuable from someone. I would rather teach guys about what happens vs. hide my head in the sand. I did a one page right up on KS, voicing my story for others to learn from my mistake and that gave every opportunity for every jealous turtle/tortoise keeper to talk trash about me. I volunteered myself to be the sacrificial lamb, not someone else. How many people do you know that can say that? Now I work with some of the most unique and rare species on the planet. LEGALLY.

Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #106
Spectrum Reptiles
Your absolutely right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
You're delusional if you think KS bans known scammers. Do some research.
Your absolutely right Stephanie. I have friends in Homeland Security on KS who have been scammed from sellers on KS and reported that to KS only to have no reply or anything done about it. Trust me when I say that KS has custom tailored rules for their account holders and not everyone is treated the same.

Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #107
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum Reptiles View Post
Your absolutely right Stephanie. I have friends in Homeland Security on KS who have been scammed from sellers on KS and reported that to KS only to have no reply or anything done about it. Trust me when I say that KS has custom tailored rules for their account holders and not everyone is treated the same.

Barry
so exactly what does it matter what your friends jobs are? i dont think anyone here cares or is impressed with what your friends do for a living. Granted i think this entire thread was handled incorrectly but why do you keep responding trying to add fuel to the fire. just have your friend post up something to prove his identity then everyone will shutup

Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #108
Spectrum Reptiles
Thanks Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixer View Post
this has to officially be the dumbest thread i have ever seen on the BOI.
i have never seen so much bs that some wish to make as proof.

grow up! we have all seen many many posts on multiple forums about KS and we have seen what goes on PERIOD.
n/p

Barry

Old 11-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #109
Spectrum Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
so exactly what does it matter what your friends jobs are? i dont think anyone here cares or is impressed with what your friends do for a living. Granted i think this entire thread was handled incorrectly but why do you keep responding trying to add fuel to the fire. just have your friend post up something to prove his identity then everyone will shutup
My point is that anyone can get scammed on KS Brian. Harald(moderator) is working on acquiring some FACTUAL information over the weekend and will post his findings shortly.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #110
kylemillsap
Barry I do know of others that have been in the same boat as you . It sucks all the way around. Actually I know of a few people who do tons of advertising on KS who have also been convicted of similar activities and are still aloud to use the service. (See "the Lizard King")
KS does seem to have an agenda, the owner seems to pick and choose. Maybe if you were showcased in a book highlighting your exploits you would be allowed also. Go figure.
Maybe it's personal. I don't make the rules. I would try and work it out with KS or just move on . Good luck in the future.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!