I feel i am being bullied - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #101
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
This part of the discussion is all well and good, but look at it this way. Why should I, or any of the moderators be subjected to that crap via PM if we can't give as good as we get (if we were so inclined). If, when PMing a member in my capacity as moderator - or for any reason, realistically - I were to turn to name calling and profanity, does anybody not think that would be a problem? It's great that it's private conversation...but we all know it would result in a complaint posted here or a pi$$ed off message to Rich; and it wouldn't really matter what precipitated my words. If I can't call somebody a , threaten them, or otherwise abuse them; why should they be able to do those things to me? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Come to me correct, as Kevin said, and I will put up with a lot - regardless of my personal feelings about you, or how much I disagree with what you are saying. Cross that line, though, and my tolerance disappears quickly.

I've only been on the job for a few months...so I'm still fresh and I also havent experience 1/1000th of the degradation that the Mod's have went through. I can tell you, though...there is only so many times I can be told such things as "get a life" before it starts getting old

So please, Deb...be easy on me from now on

Old 08-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #102
WebSlave
Hah! Hopefully Ken and Jay will chime in here. You wouldn't believe the grief they got from Bob Sloan via PMs and emails. Gang, the mods here get DEATH THREATS for the honor of being mods on this site. Heck, not to mention the same threats along with threats of lawsuits I get VERY often.

But I doubt anyone here who has been here for a while thinks that the job we do is any picnic.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #103
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
I can tell you, though...there is only so many times I can be told such things as "get a life" before it starts getting old
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Gang, the mods here get DEATH THREATS for the honor of being mods on this site

Maybe I'm not as thick-skinned as I though, lol.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #104
crissabella
This is what i have to say about those individuals who decide to let their emotions get the best of them when they pm any of the mod's. PUT YOURSELF IN THE MODS POSITION. Would you want to be verbally abused on a daily basis?
I wouldn't think so, at least i know i wouldn't want to deal with that myself.

Respect is a two way street, in order to get respect yourself, you must respect others in return.

I think the most important thing to remember is not to let emotions come into play when communicating with anyone, Mod's and fellow members alike. If a person feels as if they are too upset or angry to communicate effectively without using profanity, then step away and write when everything is settled.

This is just the way i feel on the subject.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #105
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post

Maybe I'm not as thick-skinned as I though, lol.
Well, if anyone threatens you cupcake, you let me know > no one messes with cupcake! (Cept me )

Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #106
polasian
I just want to point out that the day this unjustified (as since acknowledged by the OP) complaint was posted...Harald weeded out a known scammer under a new alias.

Harald is still in mid-move...hes not yet fully relocated to his new residence. BUT, he still takes the time to track down a scammer in the classifieds. A scammer who has had several aliases on this site (I believe they even have one or two bad guy threads about them). Harald found them out...and it was NO simple IP check either...it took some digging. He just saved people on this site (that includes the OP of this thread who cursed him up & down in a PM) from getting ripped off.

Some users think its "us" against "them." But, is it really that far fetched to believe that maybe, JUST MAYBE the Mod's really DO have this site's and YOUR best interests in mind?

Old 08-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #107
Utta
Quote:
Hah! Hopefully Ken and Jay will chime in here. You wouldn't believe the grief they got from Bob Sloan via PMs and emails. Gang, the mods here get DEATH THREATS for the honor of being mods on this site. Heck, not to mention the same threats along with threats of lawsuits I get VERY often.

But I doubt anyone here who has been here for a while thinks that the job we do is any picnic.
Rich, do you even respond to the "lawsuit threats" anymore?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #108
DAND
Quote:
I've seen the abuse that Rich and the other moderators have received over the years. I'm sure there was plenty of other abuse that they received either by e-mail or pm. Rich and the moderators used to put up with (not saying they are getting less abuse now but saying they would take more abuse before showing someone the door) a lot more abuse years ago, whereas nowadays they would just show the individual(s) the door. And personally I agree that if someone wants to make Rich or one of the mods the recipient of turret's attack (), they should be shown the door.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:14 AM   #109
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Rich, do you even respond to the "lawsuit threats" anymore?
Heck no. Once someone uses the "L" word in a conversation with me, then I am done talking with them.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #110
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Heck no. Once someone uses the "L" work in a conversation with me, then I am done talking with them.
Awwwww the Big Meanie is afraid of LOVE

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!