Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:04 PM   #101
ScottsReptiles
hmm.. from reading the posts earlier in this thread... to me.. it sounds like you waived Tim's TOS by accepting the sale of the animal to you. So... that means you bought it as is.

Old 07-21-2003, 09:05 PM   #102
MSRHINOVIPER
Matt how is the snake doing today? Did you have to put her down this morning or are you still waiting o see how things go with her? I am really sorry you are having to go through all this. But it would be nice to see what Tim has to say. I dont guess we will ever hear what he has to say about all this. Since he is taking a trip. Must be nice to have the money to go. Well good luck with everything.
Take care

Old 07-21-2003, 09:10 PM   #103
Ghi Reptiles
Thanks for the opinion Scott but would you feel that if Tim sent an e-mail AFTER the animal arrived saying I also agreed to give him my house that he is telling the truth? I guess whatever Tim says in his e-mails is fact huh.

Old 07-21-2003, 09:12 PM   #104
gila7150
My statement didn't reflect what I was actually trying to say. I didn't mean to imply that there was no guarantee because of the shipping method. I meant that there was no guarantee on the shipping (live arrival), not the health of the snake.
By the mistake in retrospect, I meant that if you had agreed to Tim's shipping method, he wouldn't have any excuse to weasel his way out of this (as ridiculous as the whole UPS excuse is).
Of course, you would have no way of knowing he would stoop to something so low, so you went with the shipping service you were familiar with.

If I sounded like I was siding with Tim in my last post....I wasn't.

Old 07-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #105
Ghi Reptiles
No problem Chris

Hey April,

I was going to put her down this morning but just couldn't do it! She is at the vets and they will do whatever they can for her but it looks very bleek. She was and still is one of my favorite snakes and I am sick about what has happened to her. What sickens me more is that someone can ship her out like that knowing it would make things worse for her. It's funny, I have all the trust in the world with UPS and have never had a problem. If Tim was fearful that something would happen to her...he should have never shipped her UPS. This also tells me that once he got his money, he didn't care what happened to her!

Old 07-21-2003, 09:26 PM   #106
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghi Reptiles
Thanks for the opinion Scott but would you feel that if Tim sent an e-mail AFTER the animal arrived saying I also agreed to give him my house that he is telling the truth? I guess whatever Tim says in his e-mails is fact huh.
Wow.. this post is completely pointless. You agreed to the waive his TOS, there is written (email) proof of this, correct?

You are using quotes from emails in your posts here. Do your emails have more validity then Tim's? Or.. according to your most recent comment, all email documentation is now void and has no relevance in this discussion.

Old 07-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #107
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
Wow.. this post is completely pointless. You agreed to the waive his TOS, there is written (email) proof of this, correct?
Sorry Scott but that is incorrect.

After talking to Tim the evening that I received the snake and him telling me to basically stuff it he is not giving my money back, I e-mailed him and told him I was returning the snake the next day. Sometime the next morning he e-mailed me saying whatever it was he said and stated that I agreed to it all. Now.....he can say all he wants in his e-mail but it doesn't mean that if he said I agreed to something that I actually did. Get it.....if I sent you an e-mail saying 'Scott as per our phone conversation you agreed to give me your pet shop so give it to me' would you? Or would you say I was full of it and you never agreed to it. Same scenerio ok?

As far as my e-mails and Tims....none of them contained any conversation about our deal. In my opinion Tims e-mail was an attempt to cover his butt after he figuered out I knew what happened to the snake prior to shipping.

Thanks for your opinion though it's interesting

Old 07-21-2003, 09:59 PM   #108
ScottsReptiles
Well... then if the details of this 'private conversation' are to remain private (hence the reason I don't like doing any transaction over the phone).. this is a he said/she said. While Tim's wife was an observer on the conversation and could verify what was said, she is not an unrelated third party. I believe Tim is saying the TOS has been waived by purchasing the snake (I could be wrong... its a long thread and I could be misunderstanding it) via a private phone conversation. You are saying that this was never mentioned. See the problem here.. there is evidence of a currently unhealthy.. and both parties standing by different stories of a private conversation.

You can say Tim injected the snakes, Tim can say you did or that the injuries were due to poor shipping practices.. but.. without knowing exactly what was said....

Old 07-21-2003, 10:09 PM   #109
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
You can say Tim injected the snakes, Tim can say you did or that the injuries were due to poor shipping practices.. but.. without knowing exactly what was said....
Well if I am admitting that there was an agreement that Tim was not responsible if anything happened to the animal during shipping isn't that good enough? That is the truth and there was nothing more.

Hey you are in Colombus aren't you and you are friends with Tim. I am glad to see that Tim has a friend as good as you that is standing by him! I like your looking after him and I would be proud to have a buddy like you!

Old 07-21-2003, 10:18 PM   #110
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghi Reptiles
Well if I am admitting that there was an agreement that Tim was not responsible if anything happened to the animal during shipping isn't that good enough? That is the truth and there was nothing more.

Hey you are in Colombus aren't you and you are friends with Tim. I am glad to see that Tim has a friend as good as you that is standing by him! I like your looking after him and I would be proud to have a buddy like you!
I am in Columbus but I am not posting these comments for Tim (I haven't spoken to him about this). I just like looking at both sides of interesting problems. But I will admit.. that I seem to look harder for friends :-p

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread