Chuck Tornetta - Big trade deal gone south - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:02 AM   #101
oneeyesnake
Unbelievable

Quote:
Deleted because of excessive profanity - WebSlave

Old 09-18-2003, 09:13 AM   #102
kim felts
I think that if some think "Well, you got 150, and were only asking 100, stop whining" that they are wrong. A person who is set in their ways, and only wants to sell would not be tempted by the deal, otherwise they would have said that in the ad. Dallas was willing to trade, for the value of over 12,000,- quote dave

who has determined that the value of the trade was not 12000?.
and under what circumstances was it worth whatever ....
so often values have many variables..it is the responsibility of the buyer to decide what circumstances he or she is going to be determining its value for their own situation..if he or she must dump it asap then of course the value could be less then its value in another situation. dallas knowing his own situation alot more clearly then chuck needed to decide for himself what these snakes would be worth if he could not hold on to them long enough to test the market of that particular day..time of year..the economic situation going on in the world ..blah blah.
one day female x pounds could be worth this much based on the availability of other females that particular day and so forth.
the next day it could be worth double..the stock market plunges..
now its worth less..and so forth..is it chucks problem if within a few days circumstances change and his buyer hasent got time to hold onto the animals long enough for the market to recover?
im not saying that happened here but think about it..
thats the responsibility of the buyer and the risk and or gamble involved..
have you never noticed how much this market is controlled by the overall economy of the country at the time of purchase?
also a buyer must take into consideration his own ability to sell things..his experience and credibility with the general public.
if said buyer does not even attempt to recover the sellers estimated value but uses the same terms to advertise..
ie its a coral albino or perhaps its a coral and chuck places its value at x factor but ill discount this..ill being dallas..as if his experience is more vast then chucks is..especially when selling corals or albinos ..how many corals or albinos has dallas even seen let alone sold have we deteremined that point yet?
if he had problems posting the prices chuck did why didnt he post ads explaining that chuck placed this value on it and so then i will do so as well..if explanation of value was needed by dallas from potential buyer perhaps chuck could have helped dallas explain the price tag....blah blah blah.
to summarize..dallas took chucks word for something.
he decided to believe him and make a trade..took in the trade and began advertising the animals with reduced price tags..he went forward to sell the animals meanwhile..then turned around and accused chuck because he didnt collect what he had hoped for without even trying to do so..
then comes to boi to label chuck a scam artist..those were his own words..a scam artist..
does this seem remotely fair to you???
if you want to be fair in all accounts in this scenerio.

start with a decided party on both accounts..chuck and dallas to determine what exactly dallas has from chuck.
now..what the market value of that item is during a low time and high time of sales..or approx. value
now add the time alloted for the sale and a speculation of the economy at that time.
also add who the seller is going to be..his credibility..his knowledge and what the public thinkof him or her..
what he or she has proven to the buyers as far as experience with animals and his ability to keep them healthy.
how about the fact that chuck receives a sick animal from dallas...value is not that of a healthy one..that being the case..
the snake having just been shipped....yada yada..
does that not possibly change its value some in the eyes of the buyers? and so forth..my point is many variables..
so..how do we determine at this point whether or not dallas was taken advantage of..???
dallas seems to have a very high opinion of himself as a business person but doesnt have the confidence to price something as chuck would..who's fault is that??
he doesnt even attempt to try and carry if off...
then he blames chuck by using some wordage of gilbert thompson that perhaps jeremy stone might have said as if jeremys opinion on that matter is the word written in stone.
doesnt work for me as a viewer..

i have probably missed a few points as to why dallas changed his mind over several days as to his thought process on what he had in his possession from chuck but dont you think it might have been wise to consult others before making the trade versus after?
and add to that after some of the original snakes had been sold ?
not being able to then make a trade back with its original form?
furthermore..how do we know what dallas actually got paid for what he sold?? i have ended up paying more then the asking price on animals in a bid sort of situation because other buyers had offered more..would this count if dallas had been able to pull that off and received more then chuck had estimated on another snake as to the overall value of the trade?

Old 09-18-2003, 09:16 AM   #103
kim felts
Grow up before someone calls your little bluffs kid.

i give the same advice to you billy ...
if you think your post sounds remotely mature think again.

give it a rest with the insinuated bleep comments..
do you have no other way to communicate?

Old 09-18-2003, 09:22 AM   #104
Gilbert Thompson
Kim you are wrong on one thing!! Jeremy Stone emailed Dallas and gave him the scoop. I simply inquired and nothing more!!
Thanks,
Gilbert Thompson

Old 09-18-2003, 09:25 AM   #105
oneeyesnake
Another Ritchie rider! This guy is the biggest problem of the whole site. Problems could probably be resolved WITHOUT his input.

Kim,

Jeremy stone got with Dallas and gave him the scoop on the deal. I'm not taking sides but DAMN, this thread is long!!!!!! Get the facts Kim, and then clear your throat before you come here with your 2 cents.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:25 AM   #106
kim felts
gilbert..i know you and i think the way i said what i did didnt come out right..what i was trying to get across was more to the effect that jeremy stone is not the last word on anything.
not that you did anything wrong.
forgive me that i worded that wrong..its so early here..lmao.
sorry gilbert..not intended the way it sounded.
forgive me

Old 09-18-2003, 09:28 AM   #107
Gilbert Thompson
No problem Kim Your still my buddy
Thanks,
Gilbert Thompson

Old 09-18-2003, 09:30 AM   #108
kim felts
billy

ill re read and rethink what i wrote..perhaps i might too find jeremy stone is the overall expert of all corals.
meanwhile perhaps you might try opening the other eye.
it generally adds to depth perception.

Old 09-18-2003, 09:43 AM   #109
kim felts
billy

a friend of mine just happened to bring something to my attention
can you please enlighten me here.
you and dallas just happened to register for fauna on the same day..10-21..
billy has so far only written two posts ever..2..
and only to this thread..
is this a coincidence?
amazing if it is..just amazing too me.
can you imagine the likelyhood of all of that?
i love it billy..clear your throat and add your two cents.
how did that happen billly ??

Old 09-18-2003, 10:19 AM   #110
HerpVenue
I agree with the person who said that there should only be a few people involved here, and maybe a couple of eyewitnesses!!
I understand what you are saying......so what are you doing here?
I've been watching this thread since its conception and was very reluctant to register, but WOW, everyone has got an opinion about everything.
Everyone does have an opinion......I am sure you will not spare us yours.
After going back through a few other posts that Ritchie Luna has made inquiry on it's very clear that this SOB likes to start s***.
I would like to see the inquiries I started just to start "s**T" go ahead and start a thread on me.
Are you some F***'in century saint who is completely perfect?
I don't know.....you tell me.... Go ahead and start an inquiry on me.
I know for a fact that if there were problems.....then I also know that I tried to fix them. so i guess my answer is I am not a saint. I have botched a couple deals .....but I also tried to do the right thing after "botching" them. so go ahead and make an inquiry. I am interested to see what people who have bought from me really think.

If this problem was so HORRIBLE to you, you would've called Dallas and helped him with the situation. But NO!!! You can't do that because there's no record of what will/was said. What a PUNKA** PU**Y!!
The BOI does not work that way. it will end up being a he said she said thing. i want to make sure everything is out in the public. Nothing to hide. Lies and truths are exposed.

So. what have you got to hide? I came to this thread to ask question.....
you came just to chastise me and take the attention away from the questions I asked. then you sit there and call me kid. WOW....like your responses are any more mature than mine. I do not have the right tools here at work. But I will be home soon enough to figure out just who you really are. see ya.......KID
keep thumpin your chest

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!