A deal gone wrong with Mike Plank at, B.G.R. - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #101
schumi_2002
I did not mean for Ed to take his snakes home, but take his arguments home.

More importantly Joe get your money back or take legal action man.

Ed everyone has to adjust so the consumer can afford a snake. A thousand more or less on these animals just means we gotta produce more to make it back.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #102
Chameleon Company
Joe at MKR,
From much of what I read here by those who have issues with you, I guess the American Way is no longer the competitive marketplace, but rather some form of price controls or added surcharge for the big breeder for not loving their animals enough. Hope that you get your money back.

Speaking of topic drift, I am a big fan of both Sam Walton and Horatio Nelson. Since the passing of each, and looking at the views in this thread, is it any surprise that WalMart damn near rules the planet, while Britannia no longer rules the waves?

Old 10-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #103
Power House Reptiles
Mike,
You need to step up to the plate. You have had plenty of time to collect up the money that you have been running with for a long time. I feel absolutely horrible for sending Joe to you when he asked me were to get amyae from. I told Joe "I have heard that Mike Plank is the biggest breeder of them and that he has nice looking amyae". I cannot believe of all the people out there that you would be the one to take someone's money and run. I think that Joe should have just went ahead with his attorney and the IRS since, you seem to think that this is some kind of joke. I can assure you that it is no joke.
My question is why did you even allow it to escalate to this??? You knew when you went to Daytona in August that you were not going to even give him any of this years geckos even though you didn't give him last years geckos????? That is just sorry!! You should have contacted Joe and settled up with him then or at least told him that you would take care of this after your return. You told Joe last year before the Daytona show (2005) that you would not be taking any geckos to Daytona so that you could fill part of his order. That was when I stepped in and started asking Joe were his amyae were that Mike Plank owed him because by January I knew that something was very wrong with the whole picture. At that time, Mike, Joe was too busy to be concerned about the geckos so, he let you slide and I really think that you thought since Joe was doing so well this year with sales he would forget all about the little old $10,000 that you have literally STOLE from him. I see you as nothing more than a lie and a cheat and I would not make any business deals with you if you were the last man standing to make a deal with. GIVE JOE BACK HIS MONEY AND QUIT JERKING HIM AROUND. This is ridiculous to even have to keep on about.
Clark Tucker
www.clarksgeckos.com

Old 10-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #104
BallBoutique
Amen
Clark well said!

Old 10-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #105
The BoidSmith
It appears it’s “ball python breeder’s self-immolation year” and no-one told us about it. In this thread it doesn’t seem to matter to some if an individual has been wronged or not. Some are even rejoiced that it actually happened. The mentality is that they deserved what was coming to them.

Is it that difficult to separate the individual from the action? Whether anyone approves Joe’s business approach or not is irrelevant to the issue at hand. He paid for geckos he never received, and those are the facts. There’s another thread that discusses MKR business approach. If anyone feels the need to address that issue they should post it there then.

As far as the other comment: “it’s all about the money”, I’m not really sure to whom is the comment directed. Is it towards Joe Capone who is selling more for less or is it towards other breeders/brokers that are selling less for more? Maybe someone can explain which is in it more for the money…or are they maybe both but with different approaches?

I would assume that anyone who buys male and female ball morphs is planning to breed them. Is he/she planning to fill the house with dozens of albinos/mojaves/piebalds, etc., or is he planning on selling the future offspring? Isn’t he in it for the money then? Let’s call a spade a spade.

Regards.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #106
Joe at PHR
Mike,
When I did this deal with you I really thought you had it going on? Is business that bad? When you were talking to Derek about my refund when did you plant to do this. I can't beelieve you don't have 11k becasue the consequnces are numerous and other people will be affected your friends. Plus are you this much of a chump and unprofessional thief? Stop being so selfish. It will cost all of you so much more. Derek Knows talk to him. Right Derek.

Joe at MKR

Old 10-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #107
Joe at PHR
I want everyone to take notice that the noone stepped as usuall as far as Ian or Nerd or whoever. Bring it bys.. All this talk here I am... they aren't industry leaders. Thsi is what an industry leasder does. Changes things and always trying to make it better while taking better care of the consumer. I am a professional. Sorry if you want bad service.. I can't give bad service only great service from MKR.

Joeat MKR

Old 10-01-2006, 08:48 PM   #108
nextworld3
Did you ever contract Ian or Nerd to see if they know about this thread?

Old 10-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #109
nextworld3
Pretty sure they wouldnt waste their time with you anyways, you are like a kid with a drum just banging around all the time... All i ever hear out of you is me me me I I I what about your customers from the last 2 years... i bet a lot of them are real happy with you...

Old 10-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #110
SPJ
Man you are arrogant aren't you.

Anyway, back on track.
Hopefully Mike will step up and return your money. If not, go after him for it. That is too much money to lose and the amount will make authorities take notice (a lot more than if it was $100).
Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!