Bad Guy Bear34653 posible Scammer - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #111
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianbaby007 View Post
While we are on the topic of pressing charges, you should actually have charges pressed against you for stealing other people's photos and using them as your own. I'm sure that breaks a few laws somewhere.

You don't have any room whatsoever to threaten people on here. Man up and quit playing stupid!
Anya.... Its called copyright infringment. And the person he infringed on can get up to 5 figures depending on the circumstances.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #112
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Anya.... Its called copyright infringment. And the person he infringed on can get up to 5 figures depending on the circumstances.
Thanks Kevin!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #113
Archie Bottoms
Ron you took alott of crap for what you did and hung in there good show.If you are willing to do every thing you have been asked and it looks like you are then you are most likely a good guy and it is good to see one for a change.It is good to see you doing your best to be honest.I could not spell very well at all and still have problems I am dislexic .I always keep a dictionary close.I do not always use it but I should.I was constantly being trashed for my posts.I wanted to be taken seriously so I did what it takes to learn a bit.This is my passion and have been keeping snakes for 42 years . I can understand the miss spelled words.Take a little time when you make a post.I know it is hard but it can be done.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #114
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bottoms View Post
Ron you took alott of crap for what you did and hung in there good show.If you are willing to do every thing you have been asked and it looks like you are then you are most likely a good guy and it is good to see one for a change.It is good to see you doing your best to be honest.I could not spell very well at all and still have problems I am dislexic .I always keep a dictionary close.I do not always use it but I should.I was constantly being trashed for my posts.I wanted to be taken seriously so I did what it takes to learn a bit.This is my passion and have been keeping snakes for 42 years . I can understand the miss spelled words.Take a little time when you make a post.I know it is hard but it can be done.
Good post Archie.
No one minds misspellings, god knows we all do it especially when typing mad or excited.... you just need to look a bit more together.
Good luck.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #115
Pythonbreeder99
he just posted a spider with what appears to be his own pics. maybe hes taken a turn for the best!

Old 04-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #116
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythonbreeder99 View Post
he just posted a spider with what appears to be his own pics. maybe hes taken a turn for the best!
Let's hope!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #117
Ramiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kirk View Post
Ron I accept your apology for using my pic but that by no means made it ok. It does not clear your name either you have got to figure that one out. You could start by apologizing to anyone else who you have taken a pic from. Post your pics with your ads, its a must. Send me your address in a pm and I will send you a digital camera free of charge with the USB cable to go with it. I mean that too. I believe in second chances but you have to figure out how to get people to trust you after this mess you got yourself into. What were you thinking? Do research on your animals and tell everything you know about them, like it has a kinked tail or it breaths funny (if they do). I owned and researched the reptiles I keep for 3 years before I went into selling and breeding. Occasionally I get animals that I have never kept before but I make sure if someone asks a question I do not know to tell them exactly that. If you dont know the sex then say so. I have incorrectly sexed an animal and sent it out but I refunded exactly what she asked plus a little more for her trouble. You must make things right if you mess up.
Think about what you are doing and if you think you can do better then do better. Know what you are doing and know that the animal is healthy before you sell it. Good luck.

Wow what a great guy sending someone a camera like that.

I read the first few pages of posts, then skipped a bunch and read the final few so if I say anything dumb then let me know.
Even though the guy Ron kind of brought this thread upon himself, it seems to me like he took an unfair amount of abuse. If I had digital cameras lying around and I caught someone stealing a pic of mine I might just send him a free camera as well if he was ridiculed such and apologized. I'd feel bad for him. I, on the other hand, would've rather paid the copyright infringement penalties than have to go through this. Fortunately I never have and never will steal pictures.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #118
Pythonbreeder99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramiro View Post
Wow what a great guy sending someone a camera like that.

I read the first few pages of posts, then skipped a bunch and read the final few so if I say anything dumb then let me know.
Even though the guy Ron kind of brought this thread upon himself, it seems to me like he took an unfair amount of abuse. If I had digital cameras lying around and I caught someone stealing a pic of mine I might just send him a free camera as well if he was ridiculed such and apologized. I'd feel bad for him. I, on the other hand, would've rather paid the copyright infringement penalties than have to go through this. Fortunately I never have and never will steal pictures.
most people (like adam) were giving advice or finding out more info about Ron. many people were telling him to mention that he took the pics off google in his threads or ask adam if he could use the picture in his post. and he is now using his own pics. he learned from his mistakes which is why this BOI is here. I do have a good deal of respect for Ron for fessing up to everything and i wish him nothing but the best. but this just goes to show that if you mess up, people will come down on you for it, hard.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #119
Wolfy-hound
Wait.. you think the poor guy 'went through a lot' because he posted a pic and said "it's my snake" when it WAS NOT HIS SNAKE?
He posted pics of at LEAST 2 snakes that were not his, stating they were his, trying to sell them. But poor guy for getting caught?

I hope he turns around and stops trying to scam people, but he refuses to think it's scamming to post a pic of a different animal and say it's his. Apparently if the snake is the right weight, that's all that matters. That's not "fessing up", that's getting caught with no way to explain it.

If I wanted to post a pic of a nice tricked up ford ranger for sale, and sold the person my beat up POS ford ranger, I think that'd be scamming too. Why? It's NOT the truck pic in the ad, and I didn't state the pic wasn't the actual vehicle. It's a deceptive practice. Why is that okay?

Personally I don't care if he spells every last word perfectly and has better grammar skills than an English major, or if he's skipped out on his kids or is Dad-of-the-Year.. the scam is still a scam.

Sorry. That's just the way I think.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #120
Ramiro
No need to apologize to me seeing how everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours has no bearing on me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!