Movement of thread concerning Dan Quinn- Manhattan Herps - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #111
Dennis Hultman
He is 18 now. I believe he has been a member since he was 15 or 16.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #112
Griz
Oh boy, if that does not shed some light on this for me! If the diaper is barely off then no behavior surprises me anymore.

Griz

Old 01-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #113
ShannanD25
age shouldnt be an excuse really. I know one member on here who doesn't release their age and seems to be 30ish....nope, 14.....you'd never know it.
well i guess that person is an exception. but at 18 it is time to cut the cord and grow up and be responsible and mature....it does explain somethings but 18 is an adult....

Old 01-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #114
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannanD25
age shouldnt be an excuse really. I know one member on here who doesn't release their age and seems to be 30ish....nope, 14.....you'd never know it.
well i guess that person is an exception. but at 18 it is time to cut the cord and grow up and be responsible and mature....it does explain somethings but 18 is an adult....

I don't disagree but I also know that I was behaving much differently then what I do now at the ripe ole' age of 31. His age is certainly no excuse but it does help to shed some light as to why he is acting this way and as to why he had to get his mommy to come fight his fight. It also helps me become more cognitive as to pay attention to his name for future reference.

Griz

Old 01-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #115
ShannanD25
true true...
at my age (or at 18) if my mother got on here and battled for me...I'd be embarrased...of course she isnt nearly as nice as I am
even at 18 if I dug myself in a hole, she made me get myself out. With Dan's mom coming on here it is removing the responsibility from him...he dug this hole himself and should get out of it himself...not with the help of mom.

I don't think he is going to offer up a resolution any time soon. Perhaps in the years it takes him to mature we will see something...

Ryan,
not sure about the legalities of this so everyone please advise, but if you still have his web stie and the domain (since you paid for it) ever thought about selling the web site and name? Unless Dan registered his business name, from my understanding, anyone can use it....Maybe post it here for sale? Of course with all this who would want that company name with all the negativity attached to it.....

Old 01-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #116
Griz
Quote:
Of course with all this who would want that company name with all the negativity attached to it.....
Bingo!

Old 01-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #117
Chameleon Company
Unfortunately, if Dan is under-aged, it is relevent with regard to the legal status of any contracts he may enter into. It does not absolve him from his ethical responsibilities, and since he is engaged in the reptile business, is certainly valid as being representative of his business ethics, and should be considerd by all who would interact with him if they know of it. On the basis of his youth, I think it a good thing that his Mother got involved. It certainly makes it harder to excuse all by saying that Dan is just a kid making mistakes. It is possible that his Mother strongly influenced all of his actions, if not dictated them outright. Knowing that a parent is heavily engaged in the activity means that we can now consider that there was an option for the parent, who acknowledges some level of the debt, to intervene with a solution. She did not. She only put forward what had already been offered, that Ryan would have to hope to be paid later. She could have loaned some money to her son, maybe not all as she may not have it, but enough to be able to put forth a payment plan to Ryan, and then made an arrangement with her son to square it in-house. Certainly many parents take the line that when the child makes a mistake, they must suffer the consequences, so as to learn from it. She chose to endorse the position of the under-age minor, for whom she is guardian, and in my mind, removed any concern for Ryan's age, in the ethical sense, from the argumant. Fair game !!

Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #118
ByRandom
I don't know Ryan in the least. I have been to his website a few times and have enjoyed what I have seen. It's obvious that he makes great websites.

I've known (of) Dan for a few years and never would have believed that things would happen like they did. It disappoints me that someone that I've known personally has turned his back on his obligations.

If you "own" or claim a business I believe that you should do everything within your power to satisfy your customers. If any of the people that I have done business with were unhappy and notified me, I would have bent over backwards to bring that smile back to their face.

Dan, the thing about business is the word of mouth. Even if Rich wouldn't have had the initiative to begin this forum; your (mis)dealings with Ryan would have been aired to anyone who would have listened. Ryan seems heavily ingrained in the Reptile community. I'm sure that we all would have known about how you conduct business. This is all said with one thing in mind. Word of mouth goes both ways. If you do everything in your power to make your customers happy, they will sing your praises from the top of the mountain. They will reccommend you to all of their family, friends, and associates. If you act holier than thou and don't follow through with your obligations, whether it monetarily, with livestock, or just a simple promise, then in my book you are labeled a bad guy. Not because you scammed anyone, not because you stole anyone's money, but because you didn't fulfill your promises. Dan, all we have is our word, our integrity. As Shakespeare so aptly put:

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."

Please Note: I am 18 years old. Age does not have anything to do with the way business is conducted, however maturity does. That is quite obvious whenever we all read the "Bad Guy" threads where the "Bad Guy" responds.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #119
EriksReptiles
Ya, I must say that I am shocked at how this is turning out. Although I think that you (Ryan) have been VERY patient and shouldn't have to wait anymore.

Also I agree with everyone else that Age might play alittle part, But there are young people out there that do better business then most adults!!

Thanks Erik

Old 01-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #120
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannanD25
Of course with all this who would want that company name with all the negativity attached to it.....
The company name should not affect the sale of the completed site. Very little would need to be done on Ryan's part to present it to another client. In all honesty, that's what I would do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!