Dan Scolaro bad guy. - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #111
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Smart Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
a free fifth skink? what math is that? 4-1 (dead due to 3 days at wrong address potentially?) = 3. 3+1 (replacement or refund) = 4

The above is the equation that would have solved this problem.
Finally someone that knows how to add!

Would you say that sense Dan was supposed to send me 06's, but failed and sent me 07's, that at the least he could do is "REPLACE" the animal (sex, age, shipping)!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #112
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
He should have had them returned, if not the one that was dehydrated.

Honestly.....is that REALLY the best idea? The animals have already been in limbo for days, one already suffering from dehydration, and you want to throw them back into more shipping?

Cathy, you have a point there. I didn't really think about that I guess. What would be the ideal situation then? I mean I can think of one, but it doesn't sound realistic considering the circumstances...

Dan, I will spell this out very simply for the last time. You simply CANNOT MAKE UP TERMS such as yours. You keep sticking to your "the package was delivered on time but to a wrong location on a carrier error", which for some reason way, way back when it started you blamed on an associate's error (couldn't be you?). EITHER WAY, your terms say that because it was a carrier error, you owe the buyer nothing. You can't do that. Period. You employ FedEx or whoever the hell was shipping the item. That's why the last five pages we've had people previously uninvolved in the thread jump in all over your rambling posts. It was your error (YOU + SHIPPER = COMPANY THAT SCREWED UP), and you continue to deny credit for it.

THEN, THEN, when you could have easily had a firm case against Luc for the overreacting after your final offer for a free skink [come summer], you said that his father threatened to "steal [your] collection". THEN, THEN, TO TOP IT ALL OFF, you provide the email after Dennis asked you for it (waiting until the admin asks for proof shows how little faith you have in yourself), and NOWHERE in ANY delineable form does it even come close to portraying a threat or desire to steal your animals.

"Intimidation tactics" and "it's illegal to threaten legal action" are two quotes that will live on in my head forever. Best quotes ever spoken in a BOI thread.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:20 AM   #113
KingBowser
I was actually rooting for Dan until I read the following, which Chuck also quoted:

"The shipper error caused a delay which voided the guarantee entitling the buyer to nothing, not even live arrival per the terms of purchase."

The fact that the shipper screwed up has nothing to do with the customer, which has already been pointed out. I agree, Dan did offer the skink replacement, however I wouldn't exactly call it going "above and beyond" the call of duty.

That reminds me somewhat of how a few online merchants I've dealt with charge an extra 3% when people pay with paypal, because paypal charges them. That's the cost of business that should be factored into prices, not charged "extra" to the customer.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #114
ravensgait
Luc, every state has different laws that protect consumers. A states laws trump any businesses TOS. Might be an idea to find out what the laws of your state are in regards to this matter. Randy

Old 04-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #115
Dan Scolaro
Well some companies have a "no live arrival guarantee" and some have a "live arrival guarantee".

My company has a live arrival guarantee and also includes a two-week health guarantee on captive born snakes, which is perhaps one of the best guarantees in the business. I should include that when the animals were delayed, I did inform the buyer if anything should happened to any or all of them during transit, I would give him all of his money back.

However in this purchase, the guarantee was extended for a skink to include a 5th skink for free despite all 4 arrived alive and this offer was well above the terms of purchase.

It was weeks later when the buyer killed one by force feeding against my recommendations, and unfortunately, the guarantee did not cover that issue.

Later, the buyer threatened and harassed which forced me to retract the extension of the guarantee and block his email. Afterward his father emailed to convey threats/references which were to extort monies which did not change the decision to retract the extended guarantee.

We can discuss what terms of purchase that's best suited for the industry and that may be a good discussion for a different thread although it may not impact other vendor's "no live arrival guarantee or live arrival guarantee."

Dan

Old 04-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #116
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Well some companies have a "no live arrival guarantee" and some have a "live arrival guarantee".

My company has a live arrival guarantee and also includes a two-week health guarantee on captive born snakes, which is perhaps one of the best guarantees in the business. I should include that when the animals were delayed, I did inform the buyer if anything should happened to any or all of them during transit, I would give him all of his money back.

However in this purchase, the guarantee was extended for a skink to include a 5th skink for free despite all 4 arrived alive and this offer was well above the terms of purchase.

It was weeks later when the buyer killed one by force feeding against my recommendations, and unfortunately, the guarantee did not cover that issue.

Later, the buyer threatened and harassed which forced me to retract the extension of the guarantee and block his email. Afterward his father emailed to convey threats/references which were to extort monies which did not change the decision to retract the extended guarantee.

We can discuss what terms of purchase that's best suited for the industry and that may be a good discussion for a different thread although it may not impact other vendor's "no live arrival guarantee or live arrival guarantee."

Dan
Dan, Does the term FOS mean anything to you?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #117
Dan Scolaro
David: Yea, FOS means that you are just another idiot who is scared and hiding behind his computer calling names.

Dan

Old 04-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #118
David Scarboro
No Dan...

It means that once again, you are shown to be a 3rd rate seller. 2nd rate is a plateau that you will never reach. You have been shown to be wrong all the way through this thread, as usual. Evidently you do have some nice animals, even if they are imported. It is when you start selling them that things go bad. By the way, I do not "hide behind a computer". You have claimed before to be a military man. I have more time in the service than you, and have never run from a fight. Keep on replying and I will continue to show you how stupid you can look!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #119
Dan Scolaro
Wrong again, almost 2000 sales in less than 2 years incorporated including numerous sale/trades of many rare and exotic species produced here. Waiting lists galore and never received a single legitimate complaint.

Are you just mad because you received a justified slap and are further upset that I won't be intimidated by you and the other idiotic posters who fail to read the facts of the thread and are upset they cannot con me to sway my decisions?

The buyer received 4 live skinks per the terms of the purchase. The offer for an additional free skink was retracted due to harassment/threats. If you can find any guarantee information where that the buyer was entitled to a replacement after he killed the skink two-weeks ownership, then present such information in a professional manner for a professional discussion.

Otherwise just admit you are wrong and apologize.

Dan

Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #120
cka
Quote:
Considering my Dad: His story is this; when he was at his climax at raising reptiles mostly coloubrids, boas, and albino burms. he orderd a large shipment of about 60 snakes from a wholesaler, unfortunatly he quaratined them for only 1 month. one of the snakes had star gazing syndrom or something like that. It spred quickly and infected his whole colony, killing all his Boas and pythons! He sold most of his coluobrids, but always worked with a few
Off topic, but info just the same

FWIW it wouldn't have been "star gazing" that infected his fathers snakes. Star gazing is a genetic defect that was found cropping up in a line of corns, specifically "Sunkissed" corns. There are test breedings going on to isolate the carriers, and as far as I know, it has been found to be a simple recessive gene causing "star gazing", where the animal shakes, crawls upside down, lifts it's head straight up and generally has a much shortened lifespan.
pic of one eating, courtesy of TandJ corn snakes

I remember hearing snakes infected with cryptosporidium (sp) exhibit the "heads up" i.e gazing that could lead to it being called "star gazing" but i could be remembering that wrong. Stargazing in cornsnakes became a pretty hot button issue over the last few years, and there are breeders working to isolate the carriers with the goal of eliminating it (as much as possible) from the general population.

Again sorry for the off-topic-ness, just wanted to get that info out there :*)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!