Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx. - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #111
Tim Cole
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBenton View Post

Simple fact, there is no way Bob Sloan has or will ever get a permit of any kind for Mexico. In fact I would be amazed if he could make it back out of Mexico without the help of the consulate and some lawyers because his "funny business" and the violent threats he is known to make would land in big trouble fast down that way. As for any permit in TX, with his legal history and reputation that would never happen either... if somebody for some reason added his name to their up and running permit, it would certainly bring them a lot of negative attention and most likely bring an end to that permit by TP&W.
Lance,
I think you are forgetting who Bob is working for! Who bails out Bob everytime he gets jailed for traffic offenses and similar minor infractions.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #112
LBenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
Lance,
I think you are forgetting who Bob is working for! Who bails out Bob everytime he gets jailed for traffic offenses and similar minor infractions.
I have a good idea of what you are getting at, I just have no idea how anybody would back him up.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #113
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_fox View Post
Sloan is in St. Paul during the winter months where he is apparently a session guitarist for a record label. He spends June-August in Del Rio. Josh Sawyer is a student at Sul Ross and rents Sloan's house in Del Rio during the school year. I've met both of them and they are two different people. Josh in much younger. They both have heloderms and a lot of them. I saw probably 50-75 of them. Now I don't know one heloderm from another, but they had what looked like retics, bandeds and beadeds based on size. I did not even know that beadeds even got to be almost 4' ! The beadeds all looked different with some being almost toally black and somne like the retic gilas and then there was one that was mostly black with double tail rings - weird. Not sure if they were trying to rip you off, but they had a lot of gilas and beadeds. I also know Sloan got a permit to collect Mexico and brought back a haul of montane rattlers, alterna and heloderms. They had rattlers I'd never seen or heard of. Last time I saw Josh was in August on the Juno road collecting.
These are the things that make me go hmmmm.
Wonder if any of Ray's snakes ended up at Sloans?

Randal Berry

Old 12-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #114
LBenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post

Randal Berry

Sul Ross is in Alpine TX... and Bob as far as I know is not held down by any kind of 9 to 5 and could be there in just a few hours from Del Rio. It is worth wondering about.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #115
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post

Randal Berry
You are not the only one from what I have heard.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #116
kylemillsap
I spoke with Ray. You definitely are not the only one.
When I was dealing with Josh, he mentioned the theft 5 or 6 times.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #117
kylemillsap
These are emails where Josh is telling me about his H.h.charlesbogerti. They are cites 1
and not legal to own , much less sell. He claims to have 5 female breeders.
He also told me he hatches them out in November. Not.

We sold them two years ago in Hamburg, Germany

Almost all of our hots go to Hamburg

---- kyle millsap <kylemillsap@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'll call and send an email after I send the money. Did you sell all the bogert babies from this year? I really want some.
>
> --- On Sat, 12/12/09, snakekid94@stx.rr.com <snakekid94@stx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> From: snakekid94@stx.rr.com <snakekid94@stx.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: Re:
> To: "kyle millsap" <kylemillsap@yahoo.com>
> Date: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 11:38 AM
>
> We should have some. They are not as reliable as the others though.Not sure the exact numbers but I know we have 5 breeders fems.
>
> Let me know if you send the $1800 Monday so I can be here to receive it Wednesday.
>
>
> ---- kyle millsap <kylemillsap@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Are you going to produce more charlesbogerti next year. How many adult bogerti do you have?
> >
> > --- On Sat, 12/12/09, snakekid94@stx.rr.com <snakekid94@stx.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > From: snakekid94@stx.rr.com <snakekid94@stx.rr.com>
> > Subject: Re:
> > To: "kyle millsap" <kylemillsap@yahoo.com>
> > Date: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 11:01 AM
> >
> > Early November.....

Old 12-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #118
kylemillsap
By the way , Josh sounds like a 60 year old guy, at least. And NOBODY gets permits to collect charlesbogerti. Yet he claims to breed and sell them!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #119
LBenton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemillsap View Post
By the way , Josh sounds like a 60 year old guy, at least. And NOBODY gets permits to collect charlesbogerti. Yet he claims to breed and sell them!
So Josh is an older (like maybe 60) student at Sul Ross into rare high end hot herps and he knows Jeff Foxworthy. Interesting how nobody seems to know the guy

Old 12-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #120
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps View Post
Well , I guess I sorta dodged the bull with this guy, I didn't lose anything but I guess I will still have to deal with his dumb .

Need some input ;
He sent me a snake (that is supposed to be delivered sometime today 7-11-07) he sent it w/o getting a confirmation from to to ship. He sent it C.O.D. (it was to be part of a trade for some of my stock). I don't want this snake as I don't want to deal with this guy. I am already starting to build a nice little collection of threatening/bully emails from him.

Anyway, I will have to pay for this snake to complete the delivery, I don't want to refuse it because I am sure the snake would not survive the return trip. What I plan to do,is accept the box and ship the snake back on my regular shipping day next week. Also there is to be a $50.00 M.O. in the box as part of the trade, I planned to use it to cover the cost of shipping back to him. And he has already stated the he would refuse shipment if I sent his snake back.

I don't want the snake to suffer from his stupidity.

Can you just sell the snake to someone decent and then send him the money for it? That way the snake gets a good home and does not have to go back to the that is Bob Sloan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!