Way too cool. - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 AM   #111
KY Reptiles
Dang... A lot can happen when you're at work...

Tere, I'm sending my well wishes that the lil guy or gal pulls through for you. Keep us updated!

Old 07-22-2011, 05:06 AM   #112
SlytherynHiss Exotics
I`ve got a long day today, so I won`t be checking in. Please know, tho that You and your baby will be in my thoughts today. Big Hugs to You, My Friend.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #113
Matt2979
I'm also heading out to work (my busy day) but I'll be checking in, as soon as I get home. Hoping to hear of good results, but just remember that you can only do so much. After that, it's out of your hands. Hang in there, and good luck!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #114
Tere Salazar
Thanks for the kind words, friends. I've been checking baby about every hour or so and haven't seen any movement or breathing whatsoever since about 7:00 last night. I'm pretty sure he's no longer with us...and that's just about all I can say.

On a much lighter note, I opened the incubator this morning to this. So...we cut why again? Sweet baby looks like a turtle or something and it just looks so goofy.

And I don't know if anyone has any input on this, but that super huge egg (top in the shot of turtle/snake, bottom left in group shot), notice the different head positions. Those pictures were taken at MOST a minute apart from each other. I looked at that egg after I noticed that and still only see one head on top like it is in the group shot. Anyone? That baby just needs to come out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2266.jpg (134.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2267.jpg (136.9 KB, 67 views)

Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #115
Matt2979
I'm sorry, Tere. It sounds like that baby was in the process of dying, and most likely there was nothing that you could have done to prevent that. The losses are sad, but fortunately the much smaller part of this hobby. Just look at all those cute faces starting to come out...even if they can't figure out that you already installed a door!!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #116
KY Reptiles
There's either one huge baby or there's gotta be twin spiders in that egg and they're taking their turns at poking their lil heads out to confuse you!!!

Is that little turtle the one that I said was a normal?? If so and it is a she I think I now know what ill be naming her! That's so adorable.

I'm sorry you lost that baby spider. Really sucks to lose a baby.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #117
KY Reptiles
Btw that spider in the bottom left, I mentioned before that it was gonna be an amazing lil spider.... That head spot is sooooo kewl!!! I really hope that one is a girl for ya!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #118
KY Reptiles
3rd post... Yay! (Lol) If there is two babies in that egg, that head spot is a good way to differentiate between the two.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #119
Tere Salazar
Goodness. See what a lack of sleep can do? I had to go back and look about 48 times before I realized...um, they're all numbered dingdong. Duh.

Nope, Kelly, the turtle/snake is #2. Your normal is #5...although turtle/snake also has those nice stars on its back. I'm really digging both of their patterns. I have yet to see Boob's pattern, though.

Yep, that's sort of my feeling on that gargantuan egg. I figured I would notice if a head moved that far that quickly, but it's entirely possible I was paying too much attention to turtle/snake and missed that. The baby in that egg, at least the quarter that's out, looks fairly average sized. And that freaking head is amazing. That one, male or female, hubby like it or not, is staying right here.

And hey, Matt...why in the world would anyone come through the sliding glass patio door when they can use a porthole window? LOL!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #120
Tere Salazar
Yep, and I'd definitely use that headspot as an identifier if I could have seen the top of that first head in the picture. BTW, right this minute, that baby with the great head spot almost looks as if he's suspended mid-egg (that's just not going to sound right no matter how I word it...hoping someone will know what I mean), but I'm scared to bug him enough to find out why.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!