Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #111
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
Tom i am sorry but i thought you didn't want any part of this discussion? How can you even argue this? You know it isn't an TUG gecko. You also can see what it looks like. If this is what you want OK?
#1 It isn't a baldie.
#2 It isn't a ct.
#3 It is barely a tangerine.
#4 It isn't from TUG.
That means no part of the body or the bloodlines are right. Hence the not even close part.If you had three out of the four i probably wouldn't have said anything., but with this i thought you were a rookie that needed some help. I know they aren't a morph. They are line bred. Which takes a lot more effort than breeding two pr oven traits together to get something. So i think that people who have taken these efforts to get us these colors should be able to have distinction when they reach new levels. Can you honestly say it isn't an achievement when you get that new color?I am not even saying to rename them. Just add one letter. I can't believe that is so much too ask.
im ready to jump up and down and all over you i really am. im trying my best to constrain my self so here goes. you must be dense. i said i didnt want that discussion in my thread. thats it. ill gladly jump in here. never claime dit was a tug gecko. it is way above barely tangerine. i know before you made posts about the crayola colors but you must not know them. ill give you another gander jsut to prove my point. its no "TUG TT" but it is SHTCT. never claimed it to be baldy either. now hmmm i wonder. the pic is also dark and outdated. shes gone through at least 5 sheds and has much more CT. Im sorry but there is a limit to how much you can insult a mans gecko. to claim it to be barely tangerine is simple non sense. i doubt this will sink in. seeing as im an amateur. i mean after all this will be first of 7 years of keeping them that i will be breeding them. you wanted cut throat. ill give you what you asked. good day to you sir!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 126_2615.JPG (127.3 KB, 48 views)

Old 01-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #112
KelliH
Quote:
Kelli, do you know how many hatchlings you have had from those groups at all? That would be interesting to hear, because double recessive hets should give 1/16 . Luck would be to get 2 out of 16, (LOL)but thats not the case.
Oh man, I don't know how many hatchlings I have produced from this project yet. The scary thought is how many hatchlings I will produce from this project in 2006. LOL

It's ok, it's worth it!

Old 01-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #113
WindyO
Well i didn't want to do this but i have been left no choice. I have to respond to somethings said. Stephanie i am sorry. I must have misread your prices. They seem very reasonable and when i get a better camera i will be contacting you.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #114
groovygeckos
Dont sweat it Tom, that is DEFINATELY a Tangerine Leo!

Old 01-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #115
WindyO
I didn't mean to excite you Dan. I was miss informed and under the impression that two of one kind proved out 100% off the time. I know you have to do hets to double trait them. I am not looking for a class even though i need one on them. I made a mistake. Like i said earlier i know you all take great efforts in your projects.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #116
groovygeckos
You didnt excite me

Old 01-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #117
WindyO
Mark, i also would call her that. She is a very pretty girl.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #118
WindyO
Hey Tom. If if i put a picture of a pile of wood and say check out my house what could i really expect? You posted that pic. Which is what i went off of. I don't post pics of geckos at their worst. I doubt anyone does. My photos may suck but they are current.
You called it a TT from Dan. I looked into what the premises are for TT's and found out that his do not show spotting. They are baldies and have carrot tails.Why can't you understand that i was trying to help you in identifying it. I am sorry i have not been on line for long and don't know everyone here. So i had no idea that someone working with Leos since he was 9(now 16)was miss labeling it. If i went by RT's new book he says 30% for a carrot tail. That is a banded SHT and i'll even say CT. But that is still short.I am not insulting a mans gecko. I said it was nice. Just not a TT. Also please leave out the name calling. I don't think it is necessary to get your point across. People use vulgarity when they have nothing better to say.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #119
WindyO
Just on a personal note. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. They can even prove me wrong and my ideas futile, but name calling is rude and offensive. I think i have refrained from calling anyone any names so i ask the same from you. It may be exceptable in this forum but please use it else where. I can respect someone that makes me feel stupid. I laugh at people who call me it.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #120
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
Hey Tom. If if i put a picture of a pile of wood and say check out my house what could i really expect? You posted that pic. Which is what i went off of. I don't post pics of geckos at their worst. I doubt anyone does. My photos may suck but they are current.
You called it a TT from Dan. I looked into what the premises are for TT's and found out that his do not show spotting. They are baldies and have carrot tails.Why can't you understand that i was trying to help you in identifying it. I am sorry i have not been on line for long and don't know everyone here. So i had no idea that someone working with Leos since he was 9(now 16)was miss labeling it. If i went by RT's new book he says 30% for a carrot tail. That is a banded SHT and i'll even say CT. But that is still short.I am not insulting a mans gecko. I said it was nice. Just not a TT. Also please leave out the name calling. I don't think it is necessary to get your point across. People use vulgarity when they have nothing better to say.
you called it barely tangerine. now from someone who said we all know our crayola colors i would have to say that orange was one of the ones you missed. look at it. to call it barely tangerine is just like pointing to a pile of wood and saying look at my house(sorry for the steal). i got fired up for a moment. call me sensitive. the whole concept of TT is open for debate. i call it a marketing ploy and nothing more. i had some really nice pics at my grandparents house cuz thats where the digi cam is and unfortunately it had to go to the doctor because of several viruses and spyware that it had contracted from the anti virus being offline for awhile. so the guy said he could try and save the pictures. i hope he can. ill try and leave out the vulgarity

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!