Tom Crutchfield - dba Herps Ltd - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #121
Wilomn
Hey Chuck, isn't "buttmonkey" one word?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #122
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Hey Chuck, isn't "buttmonkey" one word?
In noticing his deformed head I was just trying to be a good guy and make it an easy read for him. Buttmonkey it is.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #123
k.williams55
Another Pearl of the Herp World !

Tom Crutchfield........how soon we forget. This guy has ripped off more people than EVERYONE combined on this site. He has been caught importing and exporting illegal, protected and endangered animals. He was basically run out of the Florida reptile community in the 80's. Now he is back and credible ??????????????? Have you people lost your collective minds ?

Old 05-30-2007, 01:06 AM   #124
chonjoepython
i recently bought a boa from tom. the snake is exceptional, as was the service. tom is a different type of snaker than he was ten or so years ago. ive heard other people say it, and ive experienced (experianced?) it first hand. i would buy again from mr. crutchfield in an instant. and yes, i know of the laws he broke concerning the reptile trade. it was in the past, and they are counterproductive laws to begin with. IMO.

joe

Old 05-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #125
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by chonjoepython
i recently bought a boa from tom. tom is a different type of snaker than he was ten or so years ago. and yes, i know of the laws he broke concerning the reptile trade. it was in the past, and they are counterproductive laws to begin with. IMO. joe
He pleaded guilty to seven felony counts for his part in an international smuggling ring that specialized in the smuggling of rare and endangered reptiles.

He was on federal probation for a 1995 conviction involving, for yet again, the smuggling of endangered Fiji Island iguanas.

He fled the country to avoid prosecution.

He shaves his body.

He would take your money instead of accepting your payment.

He phones folks to intimidate them if they have a complaint and go public about a transaction they had with him.

Yep. Thats the mans legacy Joe. Its what he will always be remembered for regardless of how many animals he sells now or in the future. I know he has a love and a passion for animals but it wasn't his love for the animals nor his desire to bring a new species into the country for hobbyist to enjoy that placed him in prison. It was all about his ego and greed. Plain and simple.

Be smart Joe and find yourself a new idol.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #126
k.williams55
Oh my God Critical Bill......

....you have a new fan. Finally someone here said the TRUTH !!!

I must have been wrong about you Bill - you are sounding like a Republican now !

Yes, good ol' Crutchfield did call and threaten people cause he was a body builder and he thought he was untouchable. Guess who put him in prison ?
Guess who got the Feds looking at him ? Well I know because it was a result of the 1980 "Snake Scam" run by USFW. Everyone got caught up in that. These Feds set up a pet shop in Atlanta, GA and started buying animals for just ridiculous prices. Only one person got out of it and not because he ratted anyone out. He just refused to play ball and roll over for the Feds. He was written up in Texas Monthly Magazine in '80 or '81. When Crutchfield and Hurst screwed this guy, he gave them up.

Any of you remember Shawn Hurst in Alpine, Texas ? He owned the Gulf Service station there. He screwed a certain person as well and got popped for shipping Texas Torts out of State. Then Crutchfield screwed this guy with a honduran Milksnake and that was that. How many years did ol' Crutchfield get ? Did he loose his wife over it ? He is still the snake he always was. Glad to hear someone else remembers.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #127
vcane
I can't believe anyone would do business with this guy when he got popped I grinned from ear to ear ya I got screwed just like the rest of ya.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #128
critical bill
The best thing about Crutchie's enterprise was his mailing list. It provided dreams for herpers that were readily crushed by the bastard and his staff if and when they ever placed an order.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:31 AM   #129
chonjoepython
hey bill

did i mention that he was my idol? i only stated my personal dealings with tom. have you ever personally delt with tom? have any of you? we all have a past, some worse than others. he broke some wildlife laws back in the day. that in itself does not bother me as most of these laws are counterproductive to the survival of the species they are intended to protect. and from now on bill YOU are my idol. can you cope with that? how do you know whether you can or cant? you dont know me one iota.
joe janovetz.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:38 AM   #130
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by chonjoepython
did i mention that he was my idol? i only stated my personal dealings with tom. have you ever personally delt with tom? have any of you? we all have a past, some worse than others. he broke some wildlife laws back in the day. that in itself does not bother me as most of these laws are counterproductive to the survival of the species they are intended to protect. and from now on bill YOU are my idol. can you cope with that? how do you know whether you can or cant? you dont know me one iota.
joe janovetz.
What bothers many people more than his smuggling was the fact that he ran from it and only returned to the US to face the charges when literally forced to do so. As for your opinion of the law, to which you certainly are entitled, considering that you evidently cannot even well enough to figure out what "bill's" name is, I don't hold it in very high regard.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!