What happened to BOI???? - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #121
hhmoore
Looks like I missed almost 2 days worth of this party - I think I'll have to PayPal some $$ to Rich for doing this when I wasn't around
The link to this thread notwithstanding, it appears that a number of people still don't know what is going on.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #122
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Looks like I missed almost 2 days worth of this party - I think I'll have to PayPal some $$ to Rich for doing this when I wasn't around
The link to this thread notwithstanding, it appears that a number of people still don't know what is going on.
I believe what has happened is that many people have saved direct links to specific threads on the BOI on their desktop and use those links to come into the site. Which fail, of course. Well, if anything, this is giving me thoughts about how to handle it better if the BOI needs to really go away for good.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #123
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Uncalled for to say the very least. I thought better of him, but is seems people are just disappointing. Yet another one who falls under the grouping of PEOPLE SUCK!
Yes, I interpretted that as an attempt to cause me damage via PayPal. I'm sure they keep track of claims and such, so that frivolous act could potentially cause my reputation with PayPal to suffer. In any event, I think you would have to be pretty clueless to think such an act would not have repercussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Rich,

Now correct me if I am wrong, from what I have read recently from your posts (obviously something some haven't done or been doing) that it is your intent to shut down the BOI (pending it can carry it's own weight) January 1, 2010 to the general public but it it to remain open to the contributing members for the following year.
Yes, that is correct.

Also, please bear in mind that after that year is up, the threads and posts in the BOI would just go away. I've been asked if I would just keep it all as some sort of archive, but that would be foolish of me. They would still be exposing me to liability even though they were not being actively added to. Even if there is a statute of limitations for libel, it would likely be a minimum of three years I would guess.

Again, sorry guys.... I've stated my reasons and how I have logically approached the future facing me. So I'm holding out the baton now. If it doesn't get grabbed by all of you, then I just have to drop it. I'm tired of running the race....

Old 07-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #124
rin0425
I for one paid my contribution...i was wondering if youve had an influx of paid memberships rich and if so, how many??

Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #125
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by rin0425 View Post
I for one paid my contribution...i was wondering if youve had an influx of paid memberships rich and if so, how many??
Thank you.

Yes, I've had about 20 new paid memberships or renewals in the last few days, so this is a bit encouraging.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #126
rin0425
Anything I can do to help...at least I negated Erik's refund.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #127
MedusaCoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

Also, please bear in mind that after that year is up, the threads and posts in the BOI would just go away. I've been asked if I would just keep it all as some sort of archive, but that would be foolish of me. They would still be exposing me to liability even though they were not being actively added to. Even if there is a statute of limitations for libel, it would likely be a minimum of three years I would guess.
Can I ask a question? Please forgive my ignorance regarding the law, but I am wondering how you could be held liable for a libelous statement that was made by another person?

Wayne

Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #128
Zack319
So is this all about not having enough money to pay for the site when you retire?
How much can the hosting possibly be, I'm sure the contributors this has can easily cover the cost of hosting this site.

What kind of legal issues can there be. As long as the site itself isn't doing anything illegal, what the members is never a problem.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #129
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM View Post
I have no say in next years contribution from Uroboros, but the years contribution including Nov/Dec of 2008 is not refundable to him per an agreement made with me on a deal that stipulated he be or become a contributing member of faunaclassifieds~ I'm sure he understood at the time that being or becoming a contributing member was a year long commitment. Anything after the year including Nov/Dec 2008 is none of my business.
Not to be nosy, but why?
(don't feel obligated to answer my question, I'm just curious and the following explains why...)

I was thinking...As an incentive for new contributors...

What if a seller on the Classifieds offered a $50 discount to any buyer who signs up as a new contributor at the time of purchase? It would work out to be a $25 discount to the buyer, a $25 payment toward Fauna and a $50 cut into the sellers profit...But if you would do that on say, purchases of $500+ it wouldn't seem like such a huge chunk.

I'm rolling the idea around in my head to do...

Old 07-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #130
Zack319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusaCoils View Post
Can I ask a question? Please forgive my ignorance regarding the law, but I am wondering how you could be held liable for a libelous statement that was made by another person?

Wayne
You can't be...

Hosting now a-days is extremely cheap, it shouldn't cost more then $30-35 a month to host a site like this. You can get vps which could easily manage this site, for under $30.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!