Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #121
shelliebear
I look at everyone's site if they give a short list of what they have available there, on their Fauna classifieds post. Perhaps in the topic line something could be included as to the price level of the morphs available--i.e. "high end morphs for sale". Usually I won't click on ones with only "high end" in the title, but if it says "low end" (I know they're not low end in terms of beauty, just what they typically sell for ) I will usually check it out and see if they have something in my ideal price range.
Just offering a customer's insight. I don't mind checking a seller's website for other animals. I'm not sure about other people, but it's not a big issue to me.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #122
bekers71
Not that my opinion matters much but I have an idea. If it's been said before, please forgive me for repeating some thing some one else has already said.

Why not just have it where paying members can bump all they want and non paying members only get one bump a day? Violation of bumping can be punished by a 1(?) day ban from the site? Just a thought.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #123
bradleymoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
Not that my opinion matters much but I have an idea. If it's been said before, please forgive me for repeating some thing some one else has already said.

Why not just have it where paying members can bump all they want and non paying members only get one bump a day? Violation of bumping can be punished by a 1(?) day ban from the site? Just a thought.
i would think enforcing a rule such as that (violation of bumping by a non paying member, and 1-day ban punishment) would require WAY too much policing by the moderators, not to mention impractical.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #124
bekers71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleymoore View Post
i would think enforcing a rule such as that (violation of bumping by a non paying member, and 1-day ban punishment) would require WAY too much policing by the moderators, not to mention impractical.
Like I said, it was just a thought. Another site I am on allows only 2 bumps of ads. After the two bumps the ad is left alone. If the poster of the ad does bump again the ad is then deleted by the mods. No one is allowed to post on other peoples ads either. Even though it is free to advertise there and traffic there probably isn't quit what it is here, the system seems to work pretty well.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #125
Texas Dragon Lab
Has anyone suggested limiting the number of ads allowed per day so that you have to have multiple animals listed in one ad not a dozen separate ads. I know several users list every animal separate when they could put four animals in one ad since that is the number of attachments you are allowed in a single ad. I personally list multiple animals on one ad as to be courteous of the other users and not take up all the prime real estate on the first page.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 AM   #126
suzuki4life
so instead of bumping guys are reposting their ads....I see no gain or difference. Only fix is to set non paying members to a max amount of threads in a section they can start/post.

just my opinion, I became a member to give back to a site that served me, not to try to make a million bucks off of it.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 AM   #127
Texas Dragon Lab
They just wouldnt be bumping as many ads and would take up less space is what I was getting at.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:20 AM   #128
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekers71 View Post
Like I said, it was just a thought. Another site I am on allows only 2 bumps of ads. After the two bumps the ad is left alone. If the poster of the ad does bump again the ad is then deleted by the mods. No one is allowed to post on other peoples ads either. Even though it is free to advertise there and traffic there probably isn't quit what it is here, the system seems to work pretty well.
Again, that just makes more work for the mods who already have more then enough to do already.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:43 AM   #129
rcpreis3
Ok I read to page 8 and had to answer a few things, and just hoping they havent been answered yet (but judging by this thread it doesnt matter if theyve been answered cuz some ppl dont read)

1 If someone PMs a question that u may have forgot to post is it really that hard to go back and edit the original post to include that forgotten info.

2 If ur looking for a specific animal the u can utilize the search ability. If ur just looking thats shopping. So shop through the pages and look at them all, I do. I go til I start recognizing posts or til im halfway into yesterday.

3 Bringing back the Participant sounds like a good idea. Gives those that post a few to stay in with out really hurting the wallet at all.

4-I dont see why free users are complaining about this, how many of u have actually thanked Rich or the mods for running and maintaining this site? Not paying anything but just thanked them in a PM? If I wasnt buying snakes I woulda sent in my contribution. But I really should because I BUY THEM OFF THIS SITE! And I dont HAVE to pay a "finders fee," or "exclusive membership." Thats what I love about this site. Its the whole reason I spend 6+ hours a day on here and ten minutes on kingsnake. I dont even plan on having snakes to sell in a couple of years but I will still be a member by the start of 2011, I just have to close a few open accounts first.

But heres an idea, why not extend the number of posts on the first page. Especially in the BP classifieds.

If you wanna look at from a business perspective, you gotta spend money to make money.

JMHO

Old 10-28-2010, 03:52 AM   #130
grogansilver
(First) of all yes, i have been a member for awail DAND (SECOND) I HAVE NEVER BUMPED ON HERE AT ALL DAND,(THIRD) DAND I TEND TO DELETE ALL MY ADDS TOTALLY AFTER EVERY TRANSACTION TO SAVE THE BORED SPACE THATS WHY YOU SEE NO HISTORY AT ALL DAND, IS THERE ANYTHING ELES YOUR CONCERNED ABOUT WITH ME DAND.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!