Bad Guy Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #121
kmurphy
One problem I have with all this is the comments about the landlord "stealing" Steve's snakes. Commercial leases usually have clauses on what the procedure is when the rent falls behind and it often precludes the removal of property. I believe you'll find that he was well within his rights to hold Steve's property as hostage for the lease payments. If Steve removed his property and refused to repay the back rent there would be little recourse for the landlord. Unfortunately this involved live animals. The blame for what happened falls squarely in Steve's lap IMO. He has a long list of excuses for both him and his girlfriend but he made his own bed.
There are posters, whose opinions I respect, that have vouched for Steve. However, going strictly by this thread, including Steve's posts, I wouldn't consider doing business with him.

BTW- I don't believe you are required to submit an eviction notice with commercial property. It's not your primary residence. I believe whatever the lease states goes. So if it says 90 days, it's 90 days, and the owner can lock the doors. I am not sure on this though. Possibly someone with a legal background can correct me.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #122
Bill Stonegate
Since he won't post a timeline (or does not understand what that is) I think it's safe to say at this point, that Steve effed up, and lost his business. That does not NECESSARILY make him a a bad guy.

Would I loan him 500 bucks? Not.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #123
rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
One problem I have with all this is the comments about the landlord "stealing" Steve's snakes. Commercial leases usually have clauses on what the procedure is when the rent falls behind and it often precludes the removal of property. I believe you'll find that he was well within his rights to hold Steve's property as hostage for the lease payments. If Steve removed his property and refused to repay the back rent there would be little recourse for the landlord. Unfortunately this involved live animals. The blame for what happened falls squarely in Steve's lap IMO. He has a long list of excuses for both him and his girlfriend but he made his own bed.
There are posters, whose opinions I respect, that have vouched for Steve. However, going strictly by this thread, including Steve's posts, I wouldn't consider doing business with him.

BTW- I don't believe you are required to submit an eviction notice with commercial property. It's not your primary residence. I believe whatever the lease states goes. So if it says 90 days, it's 90 days, and the owner can lock the doors. I am not sure on this though. Possibly someone with a legal background can correct me.

You're right Kevin. He hasn't acceped any responsibility for this mess. If he did then I would be the first to say I appreciate his honesty. I like Steve and never had anything bad to say about his business practices. It's just that things happen and we all need to live up to it.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #124
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post

That might be correct. All the properties I dealt with were residential.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #125
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
The high end animals were not left to die. Now, I'm not saying that high end animals deserve better treatment, just that SOMEONE made sure they didn't die there, but didn't take the rest. Someone went out of their way to protect investment animals, but left the others to whatever conditions they met later. You can't fault the police for that.
Dave... I can tell you this much.... if that ever happened to me..... the first to get relocated WOULD BE my high end stuff.... both myself... and my friend that helps me would see to that.... then we would move the lower end stuff out.

And maybe his GF couldnt get the lower end animals out before problems arose.

Honestly.... would you leave the high end animals there... probably knowing that the landlord may try something. Nope you wouldnt.

The reasoning behind this..... (hypothetically speaking) maybe the landlord took half his animals (the ones he didnt get out immeditely). Now all he is left with is what he was able to save before that time.

With those paramaters... would you rather have the lower end animals and try to make some money with those to pay off debts..... or would you rather have the higher end animals in your possession to help pay off debts with.

Its basic business sense.... it takes alot of corns to make what an albino ball will bring in.... and an albino ball is on the low end of the morphs scale.

**note** the above was used as an example and Im not saying he had corns or balls.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #126
SERPENTS DEN
[quote=rattler;641735][quote=serpentsden;641730]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post

LOL. Steve, I like my job a whole lot and many could attest to that or else I would have been with the company for 14 years. I'm assuming you think I'm in the pet trade. lol I guess your business sense isn't all that good or your just not making enought money to pay your bills. Not to worry about your strange conspiracy theories because I know it's just the coke talking.
Steve I never assumed you were in the pet trade, you and I know you wouldn't last.
I may not be doing all that good but I'm still in business for over 20 years.
I was waiting for you to bring up that I done drugs in the past and that was another reason why I moved out from NJ. Like I said you only know LITTLE about me and for your information I don't drink, do drugs or even smoke...yup I'm sober so drink to that why don't you...lol

Old 10-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #127
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
You're right Kevin. He hasn't acceped any responsibility for this mess. If he did then I would be the first to say I appreciate his honesty. I like Steve and never had anything bad to say about his business practices. It's just that things happen and we all need to live up to it.
Agreed. You keep implying that you know more about this than has been told. So, you either need to do it, or get off the pot.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #128
rattler
[quote=serpentsden;641749][quote=rattler;641735]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post

Steve I never assumed you were in the pet trade, you and I know you wouldn't last.
I may not be doing all that good but I'm still in business for over 20 years.
I was waiting for you to bring up that I done drugs in the past and that was another reason why I moved out from NJ. Like I said you only know LITTLE about me and for your information I don't drink, do drugs or even smoke...yup I'm sober so drink to that why don't you...lol
I never intended to stay in the trade or I would never have continued my education. I'm a hobbyist, the guys who keep you in business. With that out of the way I'm glad to hear that you've been clean and I'm sincere about that. I guess I'm just a little hard on people for that since I never drank or touched drugs. If I'm missing anything here regarding your situation then I apologise. As I said in my earlier post if I can help you in any way write me. We may have some difference of opinions but you're not a bad guy. If mistakes were made by you or the authorities then it needs to be fixed.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #129
Bill Stonegate
[quote=rattler;641754][quote=serpentsden;641749]
Quote:

I never intended to stay in the trade or I would never have continued my education. I'm a hobbyist, the guys who keep you in business. With that out of the way I'm glad to hear that you've been clean and I'm sincere about that. I guess I'm just a little hard on people for that since I never drank or touched drugs. If I'm missing anything here regarding your situation then I apologise. As I said in my earlier post if I can help you in any way write me. We may have some difference of opinions but you're not a bad guy. If mistakes were made by you or the authorities then it needs to be fixed.
So, in other words, you don't have any hard facts to contribute?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:15 PM   #130
rattler
[quote=Bill Stonegate;641756][quote=rattler;641754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post

So, in other words, you don't have any hard facts to contribute?

I've said anything I needed to say. What more are you looking for? You're just spamming the thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris foley, eric musser, steve markevich