Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
snowgyre
Brian, please stop double and triple posting. It's generally considered bad forum etiquette. I'd much prefer one large post to several small ones. Makes for fewer pages to sort through when I'm reading the topic. Thanks.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
WindyO
Vanessa , I do this so everyone can find their response. I have to respond to several people and thought it better to save people from reading things in response to different people which has nothing to do with them.I would like to quit all together but i can't leave with people calling me names.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
snowgyre
Um... there's a handy button on your keyboard called Enter that was created for that very purpose. I don't think anybody would be offended if you dedicated a paragraph to them instead of an entire post. Besides, this way it would slow your posting down and allow us who can't come online every hour to catch up easier. I've actually skipped over the past 10 pages.

Fewer posts are better. This might improve your arguments too since you'll have to sit on the ideas longer before you post. If you forget to respond to something I'm sure people aren't going to chew your head off at the neck. I'd rather you forget something every once in a while than fill up an entire page with posts.

It was just a suggestion, anyhow. The rampant posting is becoming a turn-off for reading this topic for me.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #4
KelliH
The whole thing is becoming rather redundant. How about calling it a beautiful leo and leaving it at that? LOL just a suggestion.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:42 PM   #5
WindyO
Tom would you say that a TT is the best that a breeder has to offer in the SHT line? How about that this is your version of a TT? So if you think TT's are a marketing ploy does that mean this is your attempt at a marketing?I just think it is deceitful to call it a TT when you know it isn't from that line. I am not bragging or putting you down by this but i bought a female that looks like that from the local reptile swap for $50. Honest to God truth. In fact i have gotten several of that caliber for $50 each. This isn't by any means a extreme animal.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
Tom would you say that a TT is the best that a breeder has to offer in the SHT line? How about that this is your version of a TT? So if you think TT's are a marketing ploy does that mean this is your attempt at a marketing?I just think it is deceitful to call it a TT when you know it isn't from that line. I am not bragging or putting you down by this but i bought a female that looks like that from the local reptile swap for $50. Honest to God truth. In fact i have gotten several of that caliber for $50 each. This isn't by any means a extreme animal.
jesus for gods sake and all of the above. i do have a fuse. everyone does. ok so its not a TT. ok i couldn't give a geckos scaly rear about the name. i know what it is as does just about everyone else on here. Its a SHTCT gecko. simple as that. calling it anything els eother than that is like calling a perso na dog. just not possible. perhaps your tremper book hasnt taught you enough about phenotypes and genes. give kelli a call or have her give you a call. talk to any of the breeders on here about it. ill bet youll get a better understanding of what the whole orange line is. SHT CT and all of those. mines not a TT. ill accept that. thats as far as it goes. i certaintly wouldnt put it on parr with all of Dan L.'s other geckos or alot of these breeders but buddy seriously. its a good gecko. you sitting here and insulting it any capacity will not be tolerated by me in any way shape or form.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
KelliH
Tom, it is a lovely gecko, and that fact has been overshadowed by this debate. You have a great animal from great bloodlines, don't worry about the label. If it were my gecko and this same debate had happened, I would have to name it "Tornado". Good luck with the gecko and your 06 season.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
snowgyre
I still don't see the big deal. Tangerine tornados are nothing more than nice tangerines. Urban Gecko used the term, big whoopie do. I think we're beating a dead horse with a stick now. If you bought an animal like Tom's at a local reptile swap for $50 then you got lucky. I personally think it's a spectacular animal and have no problem calling it a tangerine tornado.

See? It's all about personal taste.

Are you saying that if Tom called his gecko an "orange orgasm" (LOL!) instead that nobody else could use the term to describe the coloration of their geckos? Sheesh, it's not like UG has a copyright on the term, for Pete's sake. It's not even labeling a real trait, other than the fact that they are nice tangs. It's marketing, that's all. I don't think that UG had any intention of creating a new morph with this. Heck, if I did that I'd have Bodacious Not-So-Normals! I think you went from a relatively decent idea (standardizing leopard gecko colors using crayons and the like) to nitpicking.

This conversation is going downhill. I suggest we all stop while we're ahead and before this starts into a flaming war. Stop singling Tom out, Brian, it's not Kosher. I can see why he's getting upset, you're actually angering me as well.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
Ian S.
I'd call it a TT as well that gecko blows me away thats for sure!!!

WindyO due you have any pics of TT that are not taken by TUG?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #10
Ian S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian S.
I'd call it a TT as well that gecko blows me away thats for sure!!!

WindyO due you have any pics of TT that are not taken by TUG?
Yeah!!!Hhow aboout a spell check on that.