Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #121
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles View Post
I did not take over a show I started mine without begging for money from others.
Good Lord! Where the heck did that come from? Was that really deserved? I sure dont think so.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #122
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Reptiles View Post
I did not take over a show I started mine without begging for money from others.

Talk about going off on different tangent and changing the topic.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #123
GECKO DUDE
Dixie thats great you didn't have to beg for money. But guess what neither does Kelly.

You know what that is great that Dixie has had some good shows but that does not give him the right to trash on other people.

Dixie you dont seem to want to do anything but start a fight.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #124
TylerStewart
Since the "Fauna Crew" has circled the wagons again to eat someone alive before all the facts are out, let's look at it from this point of view:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
Say you told me that you would pay me $500 to clean your snake racks. I begin cleaning them. In the meantime, you decide that $500 was too much to pay for cleaning racks, but don't bother to say anything. I finish cleaning your racks, and contact you to ask for my payment.
The problem with this is that in the current situation, Kelly has only rolled up her sleeves and put fresh trash bags in the bucket. There's still dirty bedding in the bins. Part of the supposedly $750 agreement was setting up his booth at the show (which hasn't happened), passing out his marketing products at the show (which hasn't happened). So basically, you've put a link on your site, some printed flyers etc, and essentially nothing that really cost you anything more than you would have spent anyways. Without looking, I assume you've already pulled his links from your site.

Even if it's eventually decided that there was an agreement, do you still think he owes you $750 even though a vast majority of the "work" has not been done? I'm just trying to clarify....

Old 09-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #125
GECKO DUDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEBEASTREPTIL View Post
Since the "Fauna Crew" has circled the wagons again to eat someone alive before all the facts are out, let's look at it from this point of view:

The problem with this is that in the current situation, Kelly has only rolled up her sleeves and put fresh trash bags in the bucket. There's still dirty bedding in the bins. Part of the supposedly $750 agreement was setting up his booth at the show (which hasn't happened), passing out his marketing products at the show (which hasn't happened). So basically, you've put a link on your site, some printed flyers etc, and essentially nothing that really cost you anything more than you would have spent anyways. Without looking, I assume you've already pulled his links from your site.

Even if it's eventually decided that there was an agreement, do you still think he owes you $750 even though a vast majority of the "work" has not been done? I'm just trying to clarify....
Yes you have some good points but i would like to point out a sponsor which he was also helps pay for things. Which a lot of shows have. Some don't. Its up to how the person that runs the show wants to do it. Yes she isn't established but she was hoping with a big name like Reptster behind her it would help get people to come. Yes it will take time for it to become well established just like any other show. You cant tell me Daytona was an overnight success. It takes time and money and some people like to use big named sponsors to get the work of their show out there.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #126
SPJ
What is so difficult for some to grasp about this?

An agreement was made, one party fullfilled their part of the agreement (minus a table setup for the sticklers) and the other party just decided to ignore the situation and not fullfill ANY part of their agreement.

The costs associated with other shows means nothing. This topic is about a DIFFERENT show.

Right now it appears that David cannot be taken at his word.

If he decided afterwards that he did not want to continue with this agreement, he needed to speak up. All of this could have been avoided with a little communication.

NO ONE is too busy to take 5 minutes and straighten things out. Anyone who says they are too busy are full of themselves.

I get so sick and tired of seeing the "I'm too busy" excuse when it comes to not responding to customers, inquiries, promotors, etc.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #127
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
What is so difficult for some to grasp about this?

An agreement was made, one party fullfilled their part of the agreement (minus a table setup for the sticklers) and the other party just decided to ignore the situation and not fullfill ANY part of their agreement.

The costs associated with other shows means nothing. This topic is about a DIFFERENT show.

Right now it appears that David cannot be taken at his word.

If he decided afterwards that he did not want to continue with this agreement, he needed to speak up. All of this could have been avoided with a little communication.

NO ONE is too busy to take 5 minutes and straighten things out. Anyone who says they are too busy are full of themselves.

I get so sick and tired of seeing the "I'm too busy" excuse when it comes to not responding to customers, inquiries, promotors, etc.
Way to stay on topic!!!

Quote:
You have given out too much Karma in the last 24 hours.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #128
GECKO DUDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Yes i know i was just trying to make a point.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #129
dragonsr#1
Quote:

Some of you have said that Kelly was wrong for doing anything without have any money from Mr. Young. Now you are saying that she has not done anything and so she should not get any money. WHAT? Come on really. Where does this stop, really. Please look back to my post this afternoon, Sept. 3 Mr. Young said he was sending money, with that said where is it ok, in any way that the money was not sent. Are you really saying that no one should pay anything for a show until that work is done and show is over, I am going to call all of the people that I am paying money out to right for this show and tell them this. Ok I may have been born at night but it was not last night.

Really guys there is no reason for any of this, we all a grown-up.

Matthew

Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #130
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:

Tyler, here is my question for you on this:
Am I still supposed to have him ship me his materials for setting up at the show, set up, run his booth, take the time to pass out MORE advertising materials for him, tear down his booth, ship his materials back, and THEN wait for him to pay for things? The agreement was made for a certain amount of money (doesn't matter how much in the end), and it is for SPONSORSHIP. Yes, David agreed that he didn't mind paying a bit more BECAUSE we would have to do the extra work. HOW can the rest of the "work" be done if the show isn't here? Am I just supposed to TRUST that he would pay after the show at this point after no communication at all for so long? Am I supposed to WAIT for him to pay because the show isn't here yet so that I CAN finish the rest of the agreement? How am I supposed to even set up him shipping things to me when he doesn't have the time to take 2 minutes to send me an email saying he was confused about the sponsorship amount?
Do I feel he still owes the entire $750 since this work was not done? YES, I certainly do. He AGREED to that fee by replying to my inquiries about payment by first setting up a payment plan which I already spoke about, and then by saying he was sending a check on 9/3 after ONCE AGAIN being quoted the sponsorship fee. I did my part, or at least EVERYTHING that I could do for my part, and HE breached the contract, NOT ME. I would have continued to fulfill my end of the bargain had he done a single thing on his end, but he couldn't even find the time to put up a banner ad, much less send out a check as a partial payment for the services.

Kelly Kordek

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster