Bad Guy Wendy Childs, Reptile Addictions - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #121
Maldesto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
You know I really don't have a problem with Wendy but there's not a snow balls chance in Death Valley that I'd purchase anything from JHB1982.

+1 to that..

Old 08-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #122
JudyC
Quote:
You know I really don't have a problem with Wendy but there's not a snow balls chance in Death Valley that I'd purchase anything from JHB1982.
I agree completely.

This thread has really gotten me to thinking about some things. Often, when someone is screwing up their business big-time, some folks will encourage and/or lecture the person about turning over a new leaf and working hard to build a GOOD name instead of a bad one.

So...how does one overcome that "colorful" past? How long does Wendy have to work 200% to prove herself a capable, honest business person when the average Joe only has to work 100% to prove the same thing? I don't know. One invaluable lesson to take from this is to see how hard it is to overcome a bad reputation....bridges burn VERY fast and are rebuilt only over a long and difficult journey.

Wendy's absolutely right in that she can't please EVERYone...no one can. Not everyone will approve of some of her business choices. But instead of getting a bad attitude about being questioned...she explained very clearly her reasons behind each of those decisions. Frankly, I was impressed. Even if I still think charging an entry-fee to her retail store is a mistake, business-wise...I can completely understand and respect her reasons for doing so and her methods of doing it. And I'm not at all sure I'm right about it being a mistake. If I lived anywhere near Spokane, I wouldn't hesitate to go see her store and check it out for myself.

Anyhow...I don't want to ramble too much, as I sometimes do. I just want to point out that I believe someone IS working very hard to turn over a new leaf and to be an honorable and successful business person.

And for the record...JHB1982 comes across as a petty, vindictive little brat. Wendy, you really don't need to keep answering all his barbs...anyone reading this can see them for what they are.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #123
ReptileAddictions
I appreciate the support.

As I have said many times before. My past in just that , my private personal past. Anything people dont like about me where personal decisions I have made in my life. None of which apply to the care , quality, or anything to do with animals I posses or have possessed.

I have had a few bad transactions, mostly buying. They have been drug out on here. Everyone has it happen at some point. Your just luckier than I if it doesnt happen here

I am only human, I do the best I can to make good choices and not repeat bad ones. They are MY CHOICES personal ones that dont relate to this business at all.

I know all kinds of dirt on these guys personal lives Id be a fool not to know who my enemies are. BUT, I would not post any of it here. It is not relevant to any subjects on hand. AND I AM A BETTER PERSON!

I will just continue to do what I do best. This business. My success is the ultimate proof of who I am.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #124
shelliebear
Quote:
I so agree.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #125
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
I so agree.
Actually, YOU started this whole mess, you don't win any awards either.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #126
shelliebear
I started it before I understood fully what was going on. I don't want an award. I'm kicking myself for starting the thread. If I had known there were...ehh, some "Haters" on board I wouldn't have started it. I just didn't understand Wendy's thoughts behind all of this, and felt that, being one of the "poorer" people was being left out. Clearly that is not so.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:53 AM   #127
Jadenkisses
Quote:
I started it before I understood fully what was going on. I don't want an award. I'm kicking myself for starting the thread. If I had known there were...ehh, some "Haters" on board I wouldn't have started it. I just didn't understand Wendy's thoughts behind all of this, and felt that, being one of the "poorer" people was being left out. Clearly that is not so.
If you didn't understand Wendy's thoughts behind all of this, why didn't you ask her "Hey Wendy, what's with the new $5 admission fee?" while you were visiting the store the last time. Or, if she wasn't at the store at the time you went there, you could have easily searched her buisness name here on Fauna, and sent her a PM asking her reasoning behind the fee. You also could just waited until you fully understood the situation before posting anything. Insted, you started this bad guy thread on her, advising others not to visit her store. Please, if you post again on the BOI, think it through, pay attention, and make sure you understand everything before hand.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #128
shelliebear
I have already stated several times in the thread that I DID put this in the wrong place, and I have since learned the rules. Other people have already told me what they are and I understand that I was in the wrong for posting this. I saw under BOI "place for discussing specific people and businesses" and figured it was an acceptable place. It wasn't.
Also, I didn't know Wendy's Fauna username, nor did anything come up when I searched.
Also, last time I visited the store, the fee WAS NOT A POLICY. Hence my confusion when my friend told me he had to get $5 for the snake he bought when he was there. So, I didn't have a chance to ask Wendy, and since she doesn't answer the phone--which I totally understand why she doesn't, now--I had no way of finding out unless I wanted to drive all the way to the valley just to ask.
I hoped people and Wendy could give me the business reasons behind this new policy, and I got just that. Now I completely understand what was going on in Wendy's mind, and I got other people's perspectives too, whether I agree or disagree.
I'm sorry, AGAIN, I posted this in the wrong forum. Should I contact a mod to have them put it somewhere else? I see several have already commented on this thread, but have not moved it. Can someone do that, and removing "Bad guy" from the heading if possible?
Thank you. I think I have learned my lesson.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #129
shelliebear
I'm sorry. I made a dozen typos in there. :/ forgiveness, please.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #130
deborahbroadus
Quote:

Ahhh, this is another mistake you may be making labeling people again.

I don't know if Wendy has "haters" I do know that it appears that some of the members may have a negative history with her, and her and they may have contributed to the negativeness. Doesn't mean that she's innocent or that they are "haters" or vice versa imo.

I think a lot of us have already figured that the post was made because you were angry that you couldn't get in free.

Wendy has conducted herself professionally, so if I were you, I would leave well enough alone, because backpeddling or kissing up is useless at this point.

This thread is here to stay forever in the Halls of Fauna's Infamous and there are quite a few people that shouldn't have been put here, yet, here they are, and here they stay.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!