Greater Nashville Reptile Show?!?! Warning / Potential problems. - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:34 AM   #121
EbayReptiles
Which "horse" are you referring to? lol I thought it was funny when Sherry had a little chat with NERD...Kara seems riveted for the Dec. show!

ebayfish.com

Old 07-11-2005, 09:50 AM   #122
Southerncat
EBay sorry I did not mention you guys in my previous post. It was great to meet you all! And thanks for taking some of our fliers to pass out. My offer still stands...Come hang out with us for the week end!

Cathy Elrod

Old 07-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #123
Sherry Howell
Hey, Count, it was great finding out who you are! It was a perfect post on those a$$hole's message board. Actually, it was Kara who told me about your post. She and Kev seemed a little shocked to hear they'll be doing the December show. Of course, understand, they just could so not be here for the show this time because as Kelly stated: "...they were doing the FIRE show and afraid they wouldn't have enough stock for FIRE if they came to Nashville". Yeah....Kev and Kara running out of stock?? My butt!!!

Oh, let's not forget they were advertising on their website vendor that they said would be there who repeatedly told them they would not be at their show. Hmmmm...could Aquatic Critters be one of those??? Yeah, Aquatic Critters told them no...several times. Seems AC already had dealings in the past with K & T and had no intention of doing that show.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:40 AM   #124
audrypayne
EBay- Did you find anymore of those little froggie things loose? They were kinda cute. But I'm amphibian stupid. I have no knowledge on how to care for any of them. Catching them was one of the most exciting things that happened in Nashville.
And how's your weather? Did Dennis cause you much damage, or just lots of rain.
Hope to see you in SC.
Cricket

Old 07-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #125
EbayReptiles
Just weathering out the storm...well...not really. It's just raining off & on. I believe all of the firebellies were rounded up. Thanks for any of you cowboys (and cowgirls) that participated in the Firebelly Rodeo. I think I have handed out more fliers than if all of the original attendants of the show took one.

www.ebayfish.com

Old 07-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #126
SCReptiles
Quote:
Okay, if they had intentions of making good on the bad checks, then why did they continuously lie to all the vendors? Kelly would tell everyone the radio people are on their way. They never showed up. Then she said the television people were coming. They never showed up. When asked about this, she said their having trouble finding it. The people who had supposedly bought the presold tickets were constantly ringing her phone for directions. BS!
Yes Audry, total BS. I think there is overwhelming evidence that they were dishonest with you and some of the other venders. If I were in your positions, I know I would be very upset. I don’t think I would say very much if I had drove from Chatt to set up or if was one of the local venders, however, if they lured me in from NC or KS based on lies, that is an offence that probably would have carried a brutal cussing for Kellie and an ass whipping for Troy. I never trust rumor or hearsay, but the direct word from that cricket dealer is pretty compelling. He was really treated unjustly. I don’t think they had any intentions of making those checks good. I think they got into a position of owing much more then they had and past those checks to get out the situation. I concur with everything you said about the radio, TV, and pre-sold tickets. I see no other explanations then blatant dishonestly.

The only question up for debate as of now, is did they set out to defraud everyone, or did they have intentions of drawing 6k people and paying out the money for real. I attest to the latter because to assume they went into this with intent to defraud, you have to base that on the fact Kellie is willing to go to jail for less then $8000. I can’t rationalize that in my mind. She is willing to give up her freedom and her children for the amount of money she would make working a normal job for 16 weeks??? No question there was dishonestly and fraud, however, I think the original intention was to draw a heavy crowd, meet the obligations to the venders, and pay the venue costs from the gate. Very bad idea and of course it certainly did not pan out.

Of course, given evidence to the contrary, I am willing to change my opinion on that also.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:06 AM   #127
exotics2aquatics
First of all please get all the facts before you guys start casting stones.First of all I have not been dodging you guys I have been moving and Just got the computer back up and running. Secondly leave my children out of this they are just babies. And were taken care of by my roommate and his girlfriend all weekend.not left alone as some say. Sherry I would never Still from the shelter We only Made $40 on the raffle and you are more then welcome to call me and I will get you CASH. Yes I wrote a check to the expo center to cover the balance of the cost but made arrangements with him to pay him and am continuing to do so at this time. My husband said that he spoke to roark and things were taken care of with him but he has not contacted me directly and will be more then happy to talk to him and settle things with him if he is willing. as For everyone else i never ment to hurt or upset anyone and realy did expect a better turn out. as for the advertisement There was coverage on ther radio, newspaper, and t.v. and fliers, what else do you want from me. As for money lost before you guys start talking about what you lost let me tell you what I lost how about my house or my car and am still in debt and will be for months to come from expnces put out to make this show the best i could. I will do my best to resolve any matters with anyone all they have to do is call me directly and you all have my number.and yes I still would like to try and dust myself off and try again but right know that won't be possable. I only wished to get a good show going here in nashville and worked very hard with T.W.R.A. to do so and hope in the future thing will be different. I wish all of you luck in the future and will do everything possable to the best of my ability to do the right thing. Once again I am sorry.

As for you dennis you say we are bad people but why not mention how i paid your rent in your store so that you did'nt lose your kids while yoe were going to court and had to choose between your store and a house so you could get your kids back. or how i made sure you had food when you were sleeping in your store and had no money? Yeah I am such a bad person huh?

I hope you will all do better in the shows to come.

Kellie Wikel

Old 07-12-2005, 01:12 AM   #128
Matt Haines
If, and that means IF you meant to do the right thing and have a great show then why did you feel it neccesary to lie and boast incorrect numbers to people? As they had said they have no problem trying to get a new show off the ground but did not want to be part of a big lie.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:29 AM   #129
SCReptiles
Hey Kellie, glad you finally got in on this. I have to say, its seems pretty clear you misrepresented some things, however, I was not convinced that this show was intended to be a con. I hope all the misconceptions and tension can not be cleared. It should have been dealt with one on one from the beginning with everyone, but it was bright public here before that could be done. I think it’s in your interest to address everything publicly and end the rumors.

6,000 pre-sold tickets?
The exclusive clause with the one cricket dealer?

I started off trying to defend your position, but those two items made it impossible for me to do so. I would like to see you address those first. Thanks ---Chuck

Old 07-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #130
audrypayne
Angry

Kellie,
I've done hit & miss shows before. Some I do well & others I have not even made expenses back. I'm never happy at the end of a bad show, but I'm never angry about it because I chose to give it a try. If you would have promoted this show more honestly, many of us wouldn't have been upset. We all know that not all shows are going to be great. But to intentionally mislead the vendors that did attend your show was downright crappy. You should have no problem paying your debts since you presold 6,000 tickets. And 15,000 people came through the door. You stood there & told some of us TO OUR FACE that the money you made on the presold tix bought our meals. Yes, you fed us well, but I'd much rather eat hotdogs or coldcut sandwiches and have a good turnout. I've done shows where they don't feed us at all. But if I'm making money, I can eat at a nice restaurant of my own choice after the show.
Running out on everyone before the show ended was also wrong. You should have at least taken the time to honestly explain to us why your show sucked so bad. You should have talked to Sherry about the shelter money, and you also should have talked to Premium Crickets instead of disappearing.
You constantly did nothing but lie all weekend. It started on your website before anyone got there. You'd have been better off not mentioning any presold tickets, or promising all those people through the door. I also understand that sometimes vendors can't make it to a scheduled show. But you told us about all these people that would be there on Saturday morning, although by the end of Friday, you were already moving us. Perhaps you feel that giving away free tables would make things better. What about our lodging & gas expenses? Not to count all the hard work, packing animals, and the long drive some of us had. You could have given us 100 free tables, but it's not worth it. As it turned out, most of us could have left all our reptiles at home, and it wouldn't have mattered. You can't falsely advertise shows like this one. As you've seen, it'll come back & bite you on the a$$. The media never even showed up at your show. You kept telling everyone they were on the way, along with the buyers of the presold tix. Can't find it, my phones been ringing all day from people wanting directions. BS Kellie BS! I do hope you make things right with Roark, Premium Crickets, and the rescue shelter. I hope even more that you spend some time behind bars for what you've done. What it all comes down to is this- If you said it, advertised it, or wrote it, it was a lie. We should have all done a background check on you to start with. You'd have been exposed long before the doors opened. You & your husband have quite a history of scandal. And now we were the innocent victims that fell into your nasty little trap. I also think The Department of Social Services should check you out. You said to leave your kids out of this, that they were well taken care of. Come on Kellie, you may have had a friend watching them at times, but they were also left unsupervised for long periods of time. Your husband also offered to give me your youngest child. I knew he was kidding, but I would not even hold that child with his diaper being so filthy. I won't even mention how nasty it smelled. Perhaps you would like to spend a weekend under those conditions.
You'll never get vendors for the Dec show. And you've already lied about some of the vendors that'll be there. NERD will NOT be there. And neither will any of the other vendors you'll falsely advertise.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread