Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #131
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinmatt
What does testing the injured frog have to do with anything? I never seriously considered bringing it to the vet due to the cost. And asking my parents? Im 18 and they could care less.

The leg would of been very easy to notice, even if the only time you saw it was when it was being packaged. Why would he go through the trouble of sending me a frog he knew was bad if he exchanged it with no problem?
Matt, If you will take the time to go back and read the many other posts about Ed, you will see that he has an ongoing problem with husbandry and truthfulness. He has been caught in many lies, and he has proved that he will slip behind you and say anything to take the heat off of his sorry behind. Again, take the time to read the previous threads before you jump in with both feet. I'm glad that you got what you wanted, many people haven't.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #132
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Yes, they were sent to a major zoo and they rave about how nice they are.

They were Qt and tested repeatedly by the staff of vets at that zoo and are on display in their permanant collection in the reptile house and in the education dept.
Dan Scolaro said almost exactly the same thing. He also didn't name the "major zoo". There must be a new chapter in the scammers handbook!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #133
K412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinmatt
What does testing the injured frog have to do with anything? I never seriously considered bringing it to the vet due to the cost. And asking my parents? Im 18 and they could care less.

The leg would of been very easy to notice, even if the only time you saw it was when it was being packaged. Why would he go through the trouble of sending me a frog he knew was bad if he exchanged it with no problem?
My apologies, I got you mixed up with the 14 year old from fatfrogs.
Glad that you were on the list of the ones that he chose to compensate.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #134
Goblinmatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by K412
My apologies, I got you mixed up with the 14 year old from fatfrogs.
Glad that you were on the list of the ones that he chose to compensate.
No problem.

And I know others have had issues with ed but I haven't found the time to go through the 1000 posts So I really cant comment on that.

If it means anything, I provided a ton of (crappy) photos and videos a few hours after recieving the frog.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #135
pcrooker
Devil's advocate

Do we have any proof from the "zoo" Ed is referring to that the related frogs have been received and are healthy?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #136
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrooker
Do we have any proof from the "zoo" Ed is referring to that the related frogs have been received and are healthy?
Apparently he has an "out" and can now claim that the "zoo" won't give him permission (it might even be true). My opinion is: he's going to let it slip to the back burners.

Actually, there's not much we can really do. He did follow the TOS; the animal arrived live...whether or not he's spreading sick animals again and hiding behind the TOS that only guarantees live arrival (I have been told it's common in the frog trade) is anyone's guess.

Apparently Ed has now found his "niche." These animals, frogs, die at the "drop of a hat for no apparent reason".

Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #137
varnyard
I keep an open mind, and I am allowed to change my mind as I reserve that right. Ed, was this the condition of this frog when you shipped it out? Judging by these pictures he is not healthy at all, care to explain Ed?
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #138
pcrooker
Which is why I asked..

Not that it would impact the situation, as the frog has died. I agree that the TOS were for live delivery which was clearly met. I feel badly that the purchaser may have received an ill pet, which was or was not known by the seller - but that is irrelevant. I would like to know if the "zoo" that supposedly received the siblings of this frong has provided verification that their animals are healthy. It doesn't excuse poor husbandry, or an ill educated buyer, however Ed said that the "Zoo" has had no probelms with their animals... So I respecfully ask that there be verificaion of this.

Patty Crooker

Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #139
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrooker
Not that it would impact the situation, as the frog has died. I agree that the TOS were for live delivery which was clearly met. I feel badly that the purchaser may have received an ill pet, which was or was not known by the seller - but that is irrelevant. I would like to know if the "zoo" that supposedly received the siblings of this frong has provided verification that their animals are healthy. It doesn't excuse poor husbandry, or an ill educated buyer, however Ed said that the "Zoo" has had no probelms with their animals... So I respecfully ask that there be verificaion of this.

Patty Crooker

We are still waiting for Ed to get permission, to post the name. Lacking that, he should at least be able to get some verification that the animals from him (showing his name) were tested..even if he has to blank out the Zoo's name.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #140
AF Exotics
Good point Bobby and good question Patty C. I will say this.I am what I would call a novice when it comes to frog husbandry.What I have learned in the past 3-4 years of importing is that there is a great concern in the amphibian world of the disastrous impact of Chytrid.

It is pretty much global,and is probably in quite a few captive environments.There is a small dedicated group of people(from scientific institutions and herpetoculture)who have made great progress with some cutting edge treatments.They have thus far been able to hold at bay,and in some cases eradicate the fungus entirely from control groups that were purposely infected on more than one occasion.

I believe that some of this work,will be vital in saving some species from extinction in the wild,or at least preserving them to be at least kept in zoos and other institutions.Where this ties in to this thread is that maybe when something goes wrong,better to just be honest and come clean,rather than try to cast a shadow on someone to preserve self.Maybe it was an outwardly appearing animal to Ed and he thought he was doing the right thing.Maybe,but he has a track record that suggests otherwise,and now his behavior has only solidified his all too familiar act when problems arise.

I had problems with frogs too,but when one of my customers came to me and said that they were seeing some things that concerned them,I took them at their word for it,and asked what do they suggest we do.They enlisted the help of a great young herpetologist and their own findings and developed this treatment which is making great strides.The exporter even got on board and is supplying water samples for testing.No secrets,just some straight transparency to try to fix the problem,not fix blame on to someone else.Maybe this might hit home,maybe not??? My 02.Marcus.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark