Reptster Shipping - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #131
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
It's common sense. Put holes in insulation, the insulation will not work as it was intended. Why is that hard for you to comprehend? That goes for any type of insulation whether it be for shipping box or house.
So you have no proof what so ever that adding a couple of pencil size holes is actually causing any kind of meaningful temperature change inside the box. You are just trying to force your opinion as a fact down everyone's throat as you have done for years.

Quote:
It is fact. Loose heat packs can cause damage to a reptile while being shipped (I even described my personal experience with it).
Huh? I said I agree about the loose heat packs and that they should change the video on that aspect. You see, I emailed them about that. Maybe they will listen, maybe they wont. Time will tell.

Quote:
Sorry you don't like Reptster being discussed here, but it is a discussion forum...They are not exempt from being the topic of discussion just because you/they don't like it.
Again, what the hell are you talking about? Do you have to invent crap that was never said or even remotely eluded to? But hey, since you said it, it must be a fact huh.

What is really funny about that is that I have never used Reptster, am not signed up with them or their site, am not affiliated with them in any way nor do I even know anyone that is a part of Reptster.

I am all for open discussion, I just like the discussion to be fact based and not full of some blowhard's opinions trying to be passed off as fact. Or some blowhard trying to imply that I have some kind of behind the scene agenda to support Reptster. Without a shred of proof. Why does that not surprise me coming from you?

Old 07-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #132
FunkyRes
Quote:
It's common sense. Put holes in insulation, the insulation will not work as it was intended.
The vast majority of the surface area of the box still has insulation, over 99% of the surface area still has insulation. The box is still very well insulated.

As an example - when I got a suriname boa, I kept it in a glass tank 4' x 18" - and it would not hold temperature well enough to keep the warm side warm.

So I put insulation on the two short sides and the back long side, leaving the front side long side and the screen top still exposed. Even though there was still plenty of surface area for heat to escape, the setup now held heat much much better because I greatly reduced the surface area of glass through which heat could easily escape.

Heat will have an easier time flowing through the few holes that have been poked, but the box is still very well insulated, as the vast majority of the surface area is still very well insulated.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #133
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
So you have no proof what so ever that adding a couple of pencil size holes is actually causing any kind of meaningful temperature change inside the box. You are just trying to force your opinion as a fact down everyone's throat as you have done for years.
Even if I provided proof of my own personal experience, you would still try to deny it. I have a ton of those Acu-Rite thermometers and a batch of bad 7x7x6 superior boxes...I'll set up two boxes...One with holes, one without and post the minimum/maximum temps between now until tomorrow morning in my 85 degree reptile room with a cool pack.

Quote:
Again, what the hell are you talking about? Do you have to invent crap that was never said or even remotely eluded to? But hey, since you said it, it must be a fact huh.

What is really funny about that is that I have never used Reptster, am not signed up with them or their site, am not affiliated with them in any way nor do I even know anyone that is a part of Reptster.
Now that is attitude and sarcasm. I was referring to this statement made by you: I have addressed it, but through the proper channels instead of coming here. Your statement implies that by posting here my concerns/opinions, I did not follow the "proper channels" that you deem appropriate.

Quote:
I am all for open discussion, I just like the discussion to be fact based and not full of some blowhard's opinions trying to be passed off as fact. Or some blowhard trying to imply that I have some kind of behind the scene agenda to support Reptster. Without a shred of proof. Why does that not surprise me coming from you?
You don't even know me, so don't even go there. I have provided FACT on my concerns with the video, you just want to turn a blind eye on it...and that's your problem, not mine. If you do not have any vested interest in Reptster, then why continue to post?

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. You think it's ok, I don't. We are both free to express our concerns and opinions (and defend them) on the subject. Simple as that.

Fact of the matter is, Reptster is nothing but a third party go between with FedEx and a shipper. They have no control over what FedEx actually does with the shipments, so people applauding for no problems with shipments through Reptster really should be patting FedEx on the back for doing their job.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #134
shrap
Quote:
Even if I provided proof of my own personal experience, you would still try to deny it.
Would I? You really believe that? You see, the difference between you and me Steph is that I am only after truth, what ever that truth might be. It aint about being right or wrong.

Quote:
Now that is attitude and sarcasm. I was referring to this statement made by you: I have addressed it, but through the proper channels instead of coming here. Your statement implies that by posting here my concerns/opinions, I did not follow the "proper channels" that you deem appropriate.
Gee Steph, when I have a problem with someone I tend to go talk to them about it. Is that not the appropriate thing to do?

Quote:
You don't even know me, so don't even go there. I have provided FACT on my concerns with the video, you just want to turn a blind eye on it...and that's your problem, not mine. If you do not have any vested interest in Reptster, then why continue to post?
What FACT have you provided? What am I ignoring? You talk a lot but you sure dont back up anything you say. I agreed with the heat pack issue, you were wrong about the Lacey Act and you have no proof that the holes in the boxes make any kind of detrimental difference in temps. So how am I turning a blind eye? Again, just more false accusations (AKA LIES) by you Steph.

And again, accusing me of having a vested interest in Reptster. Please show your proof. Do you not feel obligated to show proof when you accuse people of things? Or is lying about people so common place to you that you just dont even bother with proof anymore?

Quote:
Fact of the matter is, Reptster is nothing but a third party go between with FedEx and a shipper. They have no control over what FedEx actually does with the shipments, so people applauding for no problems with shipments through Reptster really should be patting FedEx on the back for doing their job.
LMAO... Steph, it sure sounds like a fit of jealousy there. Why should you care if people are happy with the service they provide from Reptster? Why does it bother you that people are happy with the service Reptster is offering them? You sure seem to have a lot of hatred for this company. Wonder why?

Old 07-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #135
shrap
provide=receive in last paragraph.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #136
WebSlave
Keep the personal jabs OUT of this conversation please. It is my opinion that such things aren't needed here. Rather than try to pick out who is or was the instigator, I will simply suspend all combatants for three days.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #137
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Keep the personal jabs OUT of this conversation please. It is my opinion that such things aren't needed here. Rather than try to pick out who is or was the instigator, I will simply suspend all combatants for three days.
Sorry, Rich...

I watched the video again. Their is no mention of the Lacey Act or labeling contents being a legal requirement. They do mention attaching a preprinted label to the box after taping it up, but I take it they are talking about the actual shipping label.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #138
shrap
It is on the shipping terms page.

"By using the Reptster Shipping portal you agree to abide by all carrier rules and regulations. You also agree to follow all local, state and federal laws."

Could they be more detailed? Absolutely. But I dont see FedEx, UPS, DHL or any other carrier being any more detailed either. It is your responsibility as the shipper to research and know any laws that might pertain to whatever product you are shipping, as well as the rules and regulations of the specific carrier itself.

Firearms, ammunition, flammables, corrosives, etc, etc. They all have specific laws pertaining to shipping. I dont see the carriers making a point of pointing out those laws either. They cant keep up with every local, state and federal law. It is your responsibility as a shipper of these products to know the laws pertaining to shipping those products. It is no different than reptiles. It is not the carrier's responsibility or a third party shipper's responsibility to make sure you know the laws. It is our own responsibility.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #139
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
It is on the shipping terms page.

"By using the Reptster Shipping portal you agree to abide by all carrier rules and regulations. You also agree to follow all local, state and federal laws."

Could they be more detailed? Absolutely. But I dont see FedEx, UPS, DHL or any other carrier being any more detailed either. It is your responsibility as the shipper to research and know any laws that might pertain to whatever product you are shipping, as well as the rules and regulations of the specific carrier itself.

Firearms, ammunition, flammables, corrosives, etc, etc. They all have specific laws pertaining to shipping. I dont see the carriers making a point of pointing out those laws either. They cant keep up with every local, state and federal law. It is your responsibility as a shipper of these products to know the laws pertaining to shipping those products. It is no different than reptiles. It is not the carrier's responsibility or a third party shipper's responsibility to make sure you know the laws. It is our own responsibility.
I understand what you're saying, I do. My point is that they shouldn't be assuming that the inexperienced shipper (which it seems is who they are marketing for since by using their account they aren't required to be certified) would have any idea as to what the Lacey Act is let alone what terms to search for to find out about it. We had a heck of a time finding the actual written Act earlier on in this thread and we knew what we were looking for.

And yes, I do agree that you can't keep up with every local, state and federal law across the board...But the Lacey Act has been going on for how long? That's one major law, not a bunch of little ones that vary from state to state; the law applies across the board.

My whole point is if they want to produce a video, then the major parts of shipping should be clearly described. I think I read that after watching that video that are considered "certified," but if they aren't shipping properly/legally because they aren't being told how to, how can they be considered "certified"?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #140
Gary O
The lacey act issue just is not Reptster Steph. I can have anyone get certified via fed ex and the rep from fed ex will never even mention it.

Shoot good friends of mine were told not to label the box. LOL By the fed ex rep. I told them to get it in writing from the rep we shall see what happens.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster