Bad Guy Outback Reptiles - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #131
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post

Frankly, your explanation - being an XXX writer, making a WICKED bloomin onion, a hernia caused by lifting the staggering weight of your greatness out of bed, and the status of your testicles - regardless of the reason are all off topic. The fact that you "have nothing better to do than sit around all day bashing kids 5 years younger than myself on the internet while I sit on a hemorrhoid pillow" might be your explanation...but it doesn't excuse anything.
In all fairness, I was asked what I did for a living

Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #132
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
In all fairness, I was asked what I did for a living
Actually, in all fairness, the question was asking if you work for Ian. Try reading it again. Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
So Mike, besides writing prose for a living, you actually work for Ian?

Old 09-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #133
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Actually, in all fairness, the question was asking if you work for Ian. Try reading it again. Here it is:
My mistake. i thought it would be more beneficial to the thread to post some of my other occupations since I already said I was with Outback in m very first post in this thread.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #134
DAND
Quote:
My mistake. i thought it would be more beneficial to the thread to post some of my other occupations since I already said I was with Outback in m very first post in this thread.
Maybe you should leave the thinking to those who are more qualified to be doing so if you thought anybody cared where else you worked? You were simply being asked to verify that you did indeed work for Ian / Outback Reptiles.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:44 PM   #135
WebSlave
Quote:
Next thing I know I have a "super duper" moderator telling me that he wished that I had some sort of sexually transmitted disease that would render me sterile. Way to set a shining example for the rest of us. Nowhere in this thread did I personally attack anybody, yet I have a moderator telling me he wants my balls to fall off. Anyways, if he was a real doctor like he claims to be he would know that a very common side effect of the hernia repair surgery that I mentioned I underwent is bruised, swollen testicles due to drainage from the surgery site- simple gravity in action.
Moderators on this site are not required to drop their personal opinions and participation here as a result of accepting that job. They can still participate here in that capacity, as it would be extremely foolish of me to try to foist that requirement upon them for helping me out with the burdensome moderator duties I have asked them to take on. My only requirement in this regard is that they cannot use their moderator powers as retribution against an opposing party in such discussions.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #136
Mike Schultz
Quote:
David Deem, which part of your brain are you missing? I know you are just 15, but how many warnings does it take to get it through your thick skull that we will NOT allow you to continue slandering Outback Reptiles. As far as I know your only connection with us is when you walk by our tables at Manassas gawking at our colubrids. I don't think you have ever bought anything from us. So what's the deal?
If I left the thinking to others then you guys would still be thinking I flipped steaks for a living

Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #137
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Maybe you should leave the thinking to those who are more qualified to be doing so if you thought anybody cared where else you worked? You were simply being asked to verify that you did indeed work for Ian / Outback Reptiles.
Sorry, my last post was in response to this reply

Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #138
lanceheads
Quote:
If I left the thinking to others then you guys would still be thinking I flipped steaks for a living
Wow! That's what you think of us?
Maybe you should find another site to bash people on!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #139
Mike Schultz
This will be my final post on this matter, hopefully to the relief of everybody involved.

I came into this thread with no intentions other than to clear up the issue with David and Shane and their somewhat shoddy story. When it became unclear who was posting under which account, I sent David a PM asking him and Shane to call us and explain himself if he did not want to be banned from the shows around here. This was going on while I was posting on the thread about David and his past experiences with Outback.

Shane called us, and it has become clear to us now that it all started as a simple matter of Shane's ball python refusing to eat and he was concerned, which is understandable considering $275 is a lot for a young person such as himself to spend on a snake. What was unacceptable was the way the two kids went about creating this thread, and that's where the entire problem began. Outback does not sell to minors because of issues like this that may arise. Shane's mother was with him when he bought the snake from one of the employees at our table

Now I became frustrated when I started to become the subject of attacks saying I was slimy for selling to minors, picking on kids for no reason, and being a lonely guy etc etc. All I came here to do was to point out who David was and his past history with outback to show that obviously something fishy was going on with the story in this thread.

I regret to say I am suffering some medical issues right now and I am on two forms of narcotic painkillers as a result. I do not intend this to be an excuse for acting the way i did near the end of this thread, but I hope you will understand a little bit of my frustration. This is not supposed to be any sort of sob story and I expect no sympathy- in fact i was poking a bit of fun at myself with the testicles comment I made but apparently I am not quite as funny as I thought.

I apologize for causing any unnecessary drama. I am an employee of Outback reptiles and I should not conduct myself in such as way as to shine negative light on the company I work for. Needless to say I am not in a customer service position besides helping at the shows, so it was not my place to get involved the way I have.

[here's where I hop on my soap box]

I still do not understand why a moderator (Dr. Owens) would resort to the verbal abuse that I was subjected to about the medical problems I mentioned earlier. I may have been rude and snippy with my comments but when I broke a couple rules, I was punished accordingly by different moderators by receiving the infraction points I did. Dr. Owens should of course be allowed to offer his opinions on whatever matter he pleases, but to wear a moderator tag and blatantly break the rules and verbally assault me the way he did was more unacceptable than anything I did. If I am to be crucified at age 20 for picking on a 15 year old who is badmouthing me, what about a medical doctor who is wishing harmful sexually transmitted diseases and sterility to fall on that 20 year old?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #140
Temporalis_Enterprises
Mike I understand your frustrations with the moderators. I hope Shane and I have cleared up any kind of wrong doind on our part and I hope you saw my apology. PM sent

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
water sports