Moderator (s) needed - apply within, please. - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #131
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I have experienced all of that already.
Yeah, but you don't have "wittle feelings".

Old 03-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #132
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Yeah, but you don't have "wittle feelings".
This is true.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #133
snakemansnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I would like to remind everyone that being a mod here will be no picnic. So nominating someone just because they are your friend, is not actually a very kind thing to do to them. Most of the current mods here have been cursed at, made enemies, and been threatened with violence numerous times. They have to jump right in the middle of very heated and emotional discussions, and invariably get someone pissed at them in the process. The mods have to tell people who are highly emotionally agitated and already in an argument with someone to simmer down when that is obviously the LAST thing on their mind that they want to do, and that often turns the sights of one or more agitated people directly towards them. Any new mod will certainly experience the same thing, so they do need to understand the volatile nature of being a moderator on FaunaClassifieds and in the Board of Inquiry.

I will expect any new mod to put in enough time to help out the current mods, otherwise nothing will be gained here. Personally, I would want to take a close look at the date they registered and compare that with the number of posts made to get a feel for how much time they have spent here in the past, and how much actual participation they have given to this site. This is important. The reason I want to add one or more mods is because the current mods need the help. And getting a new mod or mods means they are going to have to put the time in to help them.

So please nominate people that YOU think will do a good job as moderator to help THIS site. And they need to only accept the nomination if they know they can help. That is what is really going to count here.
I understand Rich. I will be attending college to be a police officer. I have a certain amount of patience and can diffuse volatile situations.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #134
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I have experienced all of that already.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #135
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I would like to remind everyone that being a mod here will be no picnic. So nominating someone just because they are your friend, is not actually a very kind thing to do to them. Most of the current mods here have been cursed at, made enemies, and been threatened with violence numerous times. They have to jump right in the middle of very heated and emotional discussions, and invariably get someone pissed at them in the process. The mods have to tell people who are highly emotionally agitated and already in an argument with someone to simmer down when that is obviously the LAST thing on their mind that they want to do, and that often turns the sights of one or more agitated people directly towards them. Any new mod will certainly experience the same thing, so they do need to understand the volatile nature of being a moderator on FaunaClassifieds and in the Board of Inquiry.

I will expect any new mod to put in enough time to help out the current mods, otherwise nothing will be gained here. Personally, I would want to take a close look at the date they registered and compare that with the number of posts made to get a feel for how much time they have spent here in the past, and how much actual participation they have given to this site. This is important. The reason I want to add one or more mods is because the current mods need the help. And getting a new mod or mods means they are going to have to put the time in to help them.

So please nominate people that YOU think will do a good job as moderator to help THIS site. And they need to only accept the nomination if they know they can help. That is what is really going to count here.
I wish I could help you out Rich. I really do. For me it really is a time thing for a while. I may have lots of evening time for a couple weeks, and then none for several weeks. I'm sort of on call for a big military expansion project, and my work will follow me home a lot.

Just feel I wouldn't meet the obligation at the moment.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #136
Gary O
Death Threats...... People wanting to beat you up...... Emails and PMs..... People hating you.....

Sounds like home to me.

SOme will know what I am talking about..... I know Rich does.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #137
crotalusadamanteus
Sounds like home, don't it. LOL

Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #138
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemansnakes View Post
I understand Rich. I will be attending college to be a police officer. I have a certain amount of patience and can diffuse volatile situations.
I am hoping that all of the quality people who are throwing their hats into the ring will use their talents to help out Fauna no matter what the outcome of the election. There can only be one winner (depending on whether Rich wants one or more mods) but after the election each and every one of y'all can help make Fauna a better place.

You don't need to be in blue to defuse a situation, any member here can facilitate a de-escalation using patience, humor, understanding.

An extra mod will certainly help the board, but having people who want to help can mean that a particular situation will never rise to the point of needing a mod and that would be a blessing to everyone.

I hope all who run will make it a point to stick around and help. If you are running because you love the site and want to help, you CAN help, ALL of y'all......

Old 03-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #139
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
Death Threats...... People wanting to beat you up...... Emails and PMs..... People hating you.....

Sounds like home to me.

SOme will know what I am talking about..... I know Rich does.
That's it, next time I see you Gary I'm going to hug you.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #140
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I am hoping that all of the quality people who are throwing their hats into the ring will use their talents to help out Fauna no matter what the outcome of the election. There can only be one winner (depending on whether Rich wants one or more mods) but after the election each and every one of y'all can help make Fauna a better place.

You don't need to be in blue to defuse a situation, any member here can facilitate a de-escalation using patience, humor, understanding.

An extra mod will certainly help the board, but having people who want to help can mean that a particular situation will never rise to the point of needing a mod and that would be a blessing to everyone.

I hope all who run will make it a point to stick around and help. If you are running because you love the site and want to help, you CAN help, ALL of y'all......
Lucille, I agree 100% with you. I dont expect to win, let alone be in the race, but I will still be posting as I usually do

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread