Inquiry Shipnex (anyone used them?) - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #131
robyn@Pro Exotics
Ouch.

I can agree with the point, if not the assclown part : )

With legislators working hard to classify our hobby and industry as unimportant, dangerous, and illegitimate, it is indeed important to work within the boundaries and certifications that we have. ShipNex is not a legitimate reptile shipper, and using them, and/or encouraging others to use them, is a dangerous choice for the future of our industry and hobby.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #132
dragonlvr64
Using the proper shipping techniques and the proper company, all the shipping charges will be pretty much a standard price. Only changing based on where the customer lives compared to the the seller.
If one person is comparison shopping, shipping charges will not vary by much if we are all using the same source. Either pay full price or slightly reduced price with FedEx on your own, or use the only two approved outside sources. SYR or RE. That is it!
So, if everyone knows that if they need shipping, they are going to have to pay that shipping charge, how is it worth the damage it WILL cause by using these other shippers. It is illegal to do so! It will ruin our industry by taking away any ability to ship, period!!
Then what happens to us?? All for a few bucks! Come on people!! THINK!!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #133
Mackgc
I apologize for the last line in my post. Especially since is cost me infractions

Old 01-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #134
dustinNMpythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomkeeper1 View Post
If you are fedex certified you can ship through shipnex with no problem. all you have to do is add a separate label with you acct number on it and state that the acct number is fedex cert to ship live reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
Source for this claim? FedEx has gotten after them to shut their site down a couple of times now. They keep bobbing and moving. Very slippery folks there.

Last I heard, they stopped serving known reptile shippers going through their site, and had started issuing UPS labels again.
Quote:
robyn i have done this many time and have sent labels to other shippers also
Quote:
Where in my post did i say anything about shipping cobras? Or getting whatever i want through customs? It is people like you that try to put words in there that was not said and start shit. Do it on someone elses time. Now i have shipped my BALL PYTHONS using shipnex with no problems, but only when they were using fedex as a shipper. I am not ups certified so when they were using them to ship i could not use their service.
I wasn't saying that you actually ship cobras but when Robyn asked you the source for the claim you basically said, because you've done it so many times and never got caught, so to speak, that its ok to do it. If you want to start out on the wrong track go ahead and keep right along doing the things how you want but it will just end with you making of fool of yourself and possible taking down people who do care in this business with you!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #135
Mike (The M)
I will weigh in here.

I was using Ship Nex to ship turtles. Someone referred me to the site, I gave it a try, used it a few times, everything went well.

I tried to log in recently, and it said my account did not exist, so I emailed them. Here is my reply:

"Dear Mike

Account is inactivated as we are not allowed to ship Live Animals under our account till further notice.

We will notify as we received any more update from main carrier companies.

Kind Regards,

Agee"

So there you have it- they ARE NOT allowed to ship animals. Just for the sake of it, I created a personal account and booked a shipment. It no longer produces a UPS or FedEx label, but a Nex label. It doesn't indicate who it will be shipping through.

I am back to SYR, because I don't want any problems. You don't have to tell me twice.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #136
chamgirl99471
UPS has probably found out what they are doing and stopped their shipments of any live animals at this point in time. Using an uncertified company that doesn't have a written waiver with either FedEx or UPS is just wrong! I use RE all the time and Debbie is a HUGE help when things go wrong.. she's usually on top of the package as soon as there is any sign of a delay!

Companies like NEX could be the ruin of shipping reptiles altogether!! Just be smart and use a company that's been proven like RE or SYR!

Just my .02

Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #137
Nervous Wreck
Sum peeple just can't spell.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #138
Nervous Wreck
I don't understand why someone's love for the reptiles they ship have anything to do with having insurance. A dead reptile cannot be brought back to life, insurance only covers the $$$ aspect of it. I think what they meant to say was they don't want to take the financial "hit" if it arrives dead.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #139
CMB Reptiles
I have not even bothered to read the above, Please excuse me if I eventually come off as ignorant, because my fingers are FLYING, and everyone NEEDS TO WAKE UP.

Shipnex does NOTHING, SYR DOES Nothing!. YOU do SOMETHING!

Whenever a company uses a carrier, the more packages they send they get a discount. Some as much as 50-60% when you drop it off at UPS on the spot.

Shipnex, Shiptyourreptiles.com, and reptiles are the same, except the chosen carrier. They sit back and profit from your package, they do nothing. Yes SYR collects insurance, great. They profit. I use Shipnex, I get 60% off, and I love it. PERIOD.

UPS DOES ship lizards, turtles, and other legal animals. UPS does not ship snakes. MOST of your favorite names UPS and they ship snakes through SHIPNEX.

Quit your bitchin, its been done for years. Cheapest is best, cause its all UPS.

SHIPNEX EFFIN Right OK!

Thanks

Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #140
CMB Reptiles
PS... Long story short. Shipnex, SYR, and reptile express SAVE YOU MONEY. SHUT IT!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!