boca reptiles aka sal tornambe has changed names AGAIN and is now bocamorphs-BEWARE - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:54 AM   #131
pardalis
Well put. i should pay more attention to what i type.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #132
The BoidSmith
Pt. St. Lucie seems to be a popular location for starting “new” herp ventures from scratch. Didn’t Neil Gubitz move there too not so long ago to work for a large reptile importer?

Regards.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:24 AM   #133
The BoidSmith
Alison,

You are trying to start a new life and I respect that. But speaking about Sal, what he did in the past, what he is doing today and making general comments on his character doesn’t reflect well on you. In all honesty and as much as I dislike Sal’s practices I can’t be sympathetic with your situation. You were the “spokeswoman” for his business right here in the BOI (Sal seldom posted), while you were his partner in Upstate Exotics. You defended him and your mutual business endeavor with tooth and nails. Are you trying to tell us you didn’t know what was going on then? Are you saying you did not benefit from that income that was generated? How much money did both of you pocketed from those deceived customers while running Upstate Exotics? He still owes you money which you rightfully deserve, there’s no question about it. But don’t you think you are also partly responsible for the money and/or animals that are owed to Upstate customers? Was Sal the only one responsible for justifying the business shortcomings of Upstate Exotics during that period? Go back and read your posts in defense of Upstate Exotics, it certainly seems you were defending the integrity and legitimacy of a co-owned business.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:30 AM   #134
Living Art Reptiles
Thumbs down First hand experience.

Dan,

Very well put! I know this all too well from first hand experience.

Take care,

Old 08-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #135
gila7150
I agree Dan.

You can't roll around with dog cr@p and then walk away with nothing on you.
I believe that Allison would still be here defending Sal's actions if their personal relationship hadn't fallen apart.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #136
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Pt. St. Lucie seems to be a popular location for starting “new” herp ventures from scratch. Didn’t Neil Gubitz move there too not so long ago to work for a large reptile importer?
That he hasn't named. I wonder why.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 AM   #137
MoonlitMedia
Unhappy Dan & Chris:

Quote:
Are you trying to tell us you didn’t know what was going on then? Are you saying you did not benefit from that income that was generated? How much money did both of you pocketed from those deceived customers while running Upstate Exotics?
Did I defend him...absolutely, I was his wife, he couldn't type and get his point across so I had to do it for him. Am I proud of it...hell no, but did it keep from starting a WW3 in my home....absolutely. And for money everyone thinks I had part in....no no no no no....I never saw a dime. I never left the house, I wasn't allowed to work (which is how my company got started....a job where I didn't leave his sight)...and I couldn't even go to the doctors....'we never had the money' was always the excuse. Sal would piss the money away on new business ventures, cars, bikes, boats or whatever the hell he wanted, and I had no choice in the matter, god forbid I ever questioned his intentions. I never said I was proud of that life....and had no choice over that life....ask anyone who knows me....and that's why I divorced him. The only reason I was ever even listed on any business with him, and you can check and see, was so Sal could destroy my credit....just like he did with his first wife and he is doing now with his girlfriend. Sal has no credit and can't even get a bank account, I guess that's what I was there for. And that's what I'm paying for now....I am trying to clean up his messes here as well. Paypal accounts that are overdrawn, bank accounts overdrawn, bills coming wanting to be paid....ALL in my name. So I am responsible for his debt whether I want to be or not....and I am still cleaning up his mess. The money he owes me was so I could pay for our divorce....He wouldn't even pay for that. So you ask if I think I should be responsible for the people he screwed over.....I already am being responsible for it. I've been cleaning up a 5 year mess....which I'll still be paying for for the next 5 years.

I'm glad some of the customers are seeking retrobution from him, I can't tell you how many information supoenas I've received and filled out, but I don't know where he is to even get my money back....and Sal will just keep dodging them regardless. He's already moved again, and since he has no credit, everything is in his girlfriend's name, so good luck to anyone trying to get their money back.....on paper it shows that he owns NOTHING. Even the business....it's run by his partner...who's buddy does all their webdesign and banners.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:15 PM   #138
Wilomn
It's a shame the salito won't pay you but that does NOT remove your responsibility for the debt incurred by you and him while you were married.

It's a damn shame but you got yourself into it, you continued to do it, you lied and lied and lied and you CANNOT escape responsibility for it no matter how you try to put all the blame on sal.

You're one step above him but how far really is that step? Don't you want to be a little further along on the evolutionary scale than a single celled parasite like sal?

Quit making excuses, they only make you look worse.

You owe as much as he does, perhaps not for the same reasons but you still were responsible for those folks who got ripped off, getting them to trust and believe you by lying through your teeth.

If you want to be better than sal you need to clean all his messes not just the ones the effect you in a directly monitary fashion.

It ain't all about you alison.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #139
MoonlitMedia
Wink

Dammit Wes...there ya go ruining all my fun....

I haven't made excuses, I've been on the track of cleaning up the mess. Ask anyone that has done business with me, Mike Greathouse, Chris @ Topshelf, Neil Gubitz, Ray @ HBR, Jon @ Nextworld....they will all tell you that how Sal ran his business is not how I run mine. I've helped the people Sal has screwed over....at least the ones who have asked for it. Unfortunately with him....most people are not going to see any monetary reimbursement. But if I can help anyone else in any other way....all they have to do is ask.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:45 PM   #140
Wilomn
So what you're saying then is that unless one of your victims asks you for help, unless one of the innocents YOU took advantage of comes BACK to you there is NOTHING for them? Really?

There is no way for you to find out who these victims are? There are no records of who you guys ripped of when you and sal were a team? YOU don't remember them all by your lonesome?

Oh well.

Anything is better than nothing but a job done halfway is still an incomplete job.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread