Vote***financing Fauna***vote - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: ***Funding Poll** What do YOU think is appropriate? (More than 1 OK)
A general use fee of $35/year, membership would be required to access site 18 8.33%
A membership fee of $10-25/yr. to access the BOI 32 14.81%
$35/yr. general membership fee but BOI/classified free 24 11.11%
Increased advertising fees and fees for all advertising 81 37.50%
I don't care 7 3.24%
If there were a membership fee, I would not visit Fauna 75 34.72%
I have no concept of economics, I did not realize it costs money to run a website like this 4 1.85%
After seeing how hard Webslave works to maintain this site, I want to help 38 17.59%
Increase fines 47 21.76%
I have other ideas for funding which I have listed below in my post. 26 12.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:55 AM   #131
Roger Jolly
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Webbie, tell ya what. If you were charging $50 to post here I would pay it in a blink just to be able to say what I am going to say right now.

Robin - put a sock in it, please!!!

Lost the taste for this didnt you Webbie??? You saw this coming back during the crap with Adam Block when Jeffie blocked you from ks didnt you? The writing was on the wall then. Hate to tell you I told you so, so I wont.

Anyone want to wager? I'll bet less then even 100 people go for the admission fee even if it is only $10. Take a look here at the BOI and notice how many people really are posting. Not all that many really. Just a small group that does all of the posting. So if you are expecting to bring some money to the table from this plan webster you are going to be darn disappointed with the results. And I also predict that posting ads in the classifieds will die overnight as the freeloaders bail on you.

Let me give you a hand to spell it out to some of the people here who just dont get it, ok???

People listen up. Webbie is telling you he is throwing in the towel. Kaput, Done. Fini. He has had enough of all of the bs you all throw his way and expect him to come along with the pooper scooper behind you. He is telling you that unless you give him enough reason to keep this site going, he is cutting it loose along with all of the people squealing here about what a monster he is for wanting some value returned for what he has put into it.

I cant believe I am reading such drivel here. Ticks trying to tell their host that they want him to stand still so they can continue sucking his blood. And crying foul when he tries to pluck them off and toss them aside.

WAH! WAH! WAH! FREAKING WAH!!!

You all know that sooner or later one of these bozos who got bounced out of here is going to sue webbie dont you??? What then? You all will just tsk tsk tsk and say 'we are behind you bub!' 'Hope everything works out!' 'If you need anything just holler!' And then go on like nothing happened leaving you holding the bag all by your lonesome.

Yeah you are right. Get some financial padding up front for it or if not enough people will give you the backing send them all packing. If they are not willing to show their support do you really want to lay your own neck on the chopping block for them sometime up the road??? For what??? For them??? Yeah place the cards on the table and call their hand.

If they arent willing to back you, and I mean really back you upfront, then bail. Really what do you have to lose??? A site that you give as much as you can to that slaps you in the face when you ask for a bit of compensation??? The headaches maybe??? How about the stress of the lawsuit threats and actual physical threats as well??? Gonna miss them??? When all is said and done what are you really getting out of this right now???

Yeah just like I thought. Nuthin. So what is the downside of whatever happens??? Except to the ticks of course.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:45 AM   #132
robin d.
excuse me Mr. Jolly : snickers :
i dont see you contributing.. i see you post your mass of human waste here and there
who took a dump and made you Captin Stinkpickle?
oh words of the wise and all knowing. aint it grand to be sitting so high on your pile?
look honestly if i wanted to hear from you i would..... well you know they saying
your one large infesting tick which drains this site more than any costs of this and that
why should rich have to put up with people like you? i dont blame him if he wants to throw the towel in when it comes to dealing with the likes of you... at least i have a backbone enough to post my real name and my location is easy enough to find as well as a phone number and i am sure address oh and my IP, Mr. Joly : snickers:
i bet you get your *jollies* from being a troll...........
go back and dig down into the pile from which you came

Old 02-01-2005, 05:55 AM   #133
Lucille
Roger:

I will take your bet. Your post was somewhat inelegant, but what you said, in essence, is that you thought most of the folks here would not go for the proposals for a fee system.

I think Fauna is very worthwhile, and I think you are wrong. There will be some who choose not to participate if fees are instituted; but this is a good place, a great one, and in the end, quality tells.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:20 AM   #134
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Jolly
Anyone want to wager? I'll bet less then even 100 people go for the admission fee even if it is only $10.
I'll gladly take your money. How much are we talking about? I believe you are underestimating this site and it's members.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 AM   #135
wcreptiles
I think the BOI, viewing the classifieds and all other forums should remain free, but there should definitely be a charge for classifieds, nothing outrageous, 1% of the listed price maybe or $30 a year. The cost could be worked out, anyone that makes money-using Fauna should pay for its upkeep. Keep the banner ads expand them if you can. Keep the fines in place. Keep the ability to become a FC Official Contributor and perhaps, as someone mentioned, expand it to include different levels i.e. bronze, silver and gold for those that wish to contribute more. You must keep viewing free because it takes time for someone to realize the value of Fauna.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #136
Monte
hmmm . . .

I hate to admit is - but I wonder if JR has a point.

I wonder how many unique individuals have contributed money to fauna? I would be pleasantly surprised if it came to 100. But I'm just guessing.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #137
DAND
A little wager then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
I hate to admit is - but I wonder if JR has a point.

I wonder how many unique individuals have contributed money to fauna? I would be pleasantly surprised if it came to 100. But I'm just guessing.
Since Roger brought up the wager idea and what Monte just said, do either of you two (or anyone else for that matter) want to make a wager that there is currently more than 100 Contributing Members? I'll bet there are more than 100. If there is less I'll donate $10 for every person under 100, if you will bet $10 per person over 100. Any takers? Anybody want to put their money where their mouth is?

Old 02-01-2005, 11:39 AM   #138
Hachita
financing fauna

I think the that access and posting on the BOI and forums should remain free, but there should be a charge for classified ads. -Derek

Old 02-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #139
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Since Roger brought up the wager idea and what Monte just said, do either of you two (or anyone else for that matter) want to make a wager that there is currently more than 100 Contributing Members? I'll bet there are more than 100. If there is less I'll donate $10 for every person under 100, if you will bet $10 per person over 100. Any takers? Anybody want to put their money where their mouth is?
David I'll split the cost with you if you lose

Old 02-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #140
Monte
That's not the point . . .

I don't need to place a bet with you in order to donate to fauna. I've contributed money on a couple of occasions, my financial and verbal support for Rich and this site is on record.

I'm just wondering - out loud - how many individual contributers there are? Personally, I don't think this topic should have ever been brought up in the public, because this is Rich's decision alone. I still wish this site had either grown slower or that there would have been a business plan to guide him with this growth. With Rich asking for everybody's advice - I assume there was no business plan, and I fear that the contribution model won't be very well received.

I have a sad feeling that there are a lot of people on Fauna who suffer from "Alligator Mouth - Hummingbird Butt Synodrome" - and are not willing to put their money wear their mouth is. I will continue to contribute, because I like the site and enjoy the company of several people on the forums. I just don't assume that everybody feels the way i do.

I'm all for this site to be a great alternative to KS. But get a business plan that works.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread