IBD disease / My ball and my boas - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #131
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
The only pen marks I saw was where boa was corrected to ball python and the fax number was obiterated. The fax number would be easy to get there office number is at the top of the page.
The question becomes- *who* made the "correction" when did they make it and why.

If Mike here just took some results and decided it was a ball python now, they're useless.

If the vet got samles mixed up and decided to simply arbitrarily assign lab results to individual animals, they're useless.

If nothing else it suggests a signifigant ambiguity about the lab results and calls into question the credentials and knowledge of the vet. It's unprofessional and invalidates the inherent value of the results as a record of any kind.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #132
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcnj
As far as a second opinion of sorts, I spoke to my vet and he is going to speak with the lab. I do not know what he will be looking to do, but he said lets wait untill he can speak with them. Hoping he may suggest another test. That is not cheap $60 alone for the blood work per snake, but I guess I have to do it to know for sure.
Once again......blood tests are NOT proof positive. I agree that I would wait to put the animals down until there is proof, but the only way you are going to get that is through tissue biopsies. Spend that $60 on a blood test and it comes back as negative....you still don't know for sure.

I would make sure you have a HERP QUALIFIED vet do any testing, and make sure they are explaining the results to you.....and understanding them themselves.

I also agree completely with what Rick said....it may be difficult, but if you can donate some animals as live specimens, at least your unfortunate loss may help prevent others from going through the same thing in the future.

Good luck.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #133
deborahbroadus
Just curious...Mike, what's your last name. I can see that you have the first name up there, but the last name is not there.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #134
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Once again......blood tests are NOT proof positive. I agree that I would wait to put the animals down until there is proof, but the only way you are going to get that is through tissue biopsies. Spend that $60 on a blood test and it comes back as negative....you still don't know for sure.

I would make sure you have a HERP QUALIFIED vet do any testing, and make sure they are explaining the results to you.....and understanding them themselves.

I also agree completely with what Rick said....it may be difficult, but if you can donate some animals as live specimens, at least your unfortunate loss may help prevent others from going through the same thing in the future.

Good luck.
Sorry, I just got the vets reports to open, and see that there indeed were animals that did test positive for IBD. That's a bit of a different story, I suppose. You may still want to have the vet talk to the lab for clarification of some information, but I don't see what will be changed in the final outcome.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #135
Metachrosis
Why is that relevant ?
This isnt the BOI.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #136
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
Just curious...Mike, what's your last name. I can see that you have the first name up there, but the last name is not there.

Its Clark. Pointed out earlier in the thread.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #137
Metachrosis
OOPS !
question directed to :quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis
Why is that relevant ?
This isnt the BOI.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #138
SPJ
They want to know his full name so people know who to avoid if he ever has animals for sale.

I just had to laugh about his last name being Clark. Another Clark with sick snakes and a suspicious vet.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #139
SPJ
And................Both Clarks are from New Jersey.
Talk about a strange coincidence.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #140
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
And................Both Clarks are from New Jersey.
Talk about a strange coincidence.

dont want to ruin the party, but, lets not turn this thread into something its not

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!