Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:57 AM   #131
Utta
I got a question for ya. Whats up with all the hostility? Your ability to post ads isn't gone, just bumping them.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:04 AM   #132
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
I got a question for ya. Whats up with all the hostility? Your ability to post ads isn't gone, just bumping them.
AND ITS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION.

Let them atleast have time to make a plan of action. Damn its not like a General woke up one morning and said "I'm bored... I think we'll liberate France and invade Normandy." It took time to plan it. Just like this will take a few days.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:06 AM   #133
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
AND ITS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION.

Let them atleast have time to make a plan of action. Damn its not like a General woke up one morning and said "I'm bored... I think we'll liberate France and invade Normandy." It took time to plan it. Just like this will take a few days.
This I know. I have no problem with it. The hostility comment was for Tony.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 AM   #134
rcpreis3
No I was just adding on to urs and backing u up. Sorry for the confusion. As soon as I posted it I relized it looked different then I envisioned.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 AM   #135
hhmoore
If there wasn't such a steady stream of people violating the rules of the site already, I might be more optimistic about them following rules about the number of ads or bumps, lol.
Full names and locations have been required in the classifieds for almost a year now, and there are usually 20+ people on any given day that aren't in compliance with that. Having to police the ads, and actually check people's posts to see how many ads they submitted or bumped would be incredibly time consuming - think about it for a minute...how many of those 1300 daily posts are in the classifieds? Sure, any number of the suggestions would decrease the post count - some would cause a significant reduction. Rich's intent is not to harm the site, or effectively sabotage the classifieds. He is simply trying to find a reasonable, workable response to what has been a growing problem for a couple of years now.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:18 AM   #136
grogansilver
WebSlave, i have bought and traded over the years on this forum more then selling an reptiles on here. I am sorry if i offended you in any way by my statements. Bumping is not something i do and never have done on here, i have redone post to add a better picture which has change the stats and postion of my add but surly it was not of my choosing and attention to change the adds location if you go through you data base you will see that.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #137
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by grogansilver View Post
(First) of all yes, i have been a member for awail DAND (SECOND) I HAVE NEVER BUMPED ON HERE AT ALL DAND,(THIRD) DAND I TEND TO DELETE ALL MY ADDS TOTALLY AFTER EVERY TRANSACTION TO SAVE THE BORED SPACE THATS WHY YOU SEE NO HISTORY AT ALL DAND, IS THERE ANYTHING ELES YOUR CONCERNED ABOUT WITH ME DAND.

Yes, your inability to spell words at a 6th grade level, your inability to put together a complete sentence, which would also include your inability to use punctuation properly. I'll let the misuse of words like your when you should have used you're, and bored when you should have used board, but that is only due to you at least spelling the misused words correctly.

Due ewe have any moor questions four me?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #138
grogansilver
Dame, ill use spell check next time, PS: Excuse me if im not from Ohio im from NY.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #139
shelliebear
Quote:
Originally Posted by grogansilver View Post
Dame, ill use spell check next time, PS: Excuse me if im not from Ohio im from NY.
....Not going to say anything...not going to say anything...
but what does being from NY have to do with it? Do they not have a 3rd grade there?
Sorry for off topic.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #140
Gloryhound
140 Posts in a thread for explaining why we "temporarily" can not respond to our own classifieds.

Sorry to tell you all this site is not a democracy, nor should it be. By the time everyone voted and fillibustered no changes or needed upgrades would get done.

Maybe 20 actual helpful suggestions.

120 posts about what people consider a right over what is actually a privilage.

At 1 minute per post for a moderator to open it and check it for being proper, that means 2 hours of time have been taken from a moderator that could be checking other parts of the site.

No wonder moderators burn out so often.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!