Info Craig Hughes (twohy4you) - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #131
rabernet
Abby, I had another question I was thinking of this weekend. Did you pair your Huffman with any other females and produce any other clutches of Huffmans this season?

Quote:
and it's because I feel like this deal is on one clutch, he doesn't need to get an animal from another one of my clutches. I'd just rather do it that way.
I'm also a bit baffled by this. The original reason you thought he only deserved one Huffman was the perceived value of the Huffmans.

Unfortunately, I also don't see much visual difference from black pastels. Even the supers look like selectively bred black pastels to me. I've not been able to see what all the "hooplah" is over them, try as I might.

I've read the back story on them, but if I were to see them, not knowing the back story - I'd just say "neat Black Pastels". I'm not sure that I would value them at $1500 to $1800 either. I know I wouldn't get into the project at that price, simply because they're not that visually different black pastels (to me). Might be fun to dink around with, but if I had $1500 to $1800 to drop on an animal, not sure that would be the project I'd invest in. I'd need to see a lot more combos and their potential first.

I would have liked to have seen the two of you come to an agreement that was amicable for you both. Craig's offer seems quite fair, since the whole purpose of this thread was to get opinions on whether he "deserved" two Huffmans out of this clutch. He's willing to let by gones be by gones with one Huffman and a YB, which works in your favor.

Sadly - it's looking more and more like this friendship won't be salvageable - which in my estimation is the biggest loss of all.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #132
rabernet
Quote:
because they're not that visually different black pastels (to me)
Whoops - thought I had adequately reviewed my post before submitting.

Quote:
because they're not that visually different FROM black pastels (to me)

Old 08-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #133
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
Abby, I had another question I was thinking of this weekend. Did you pair your Huffman with any other females and produce any other clutches of Huffmans this season?
Yes, I did, two other clutches.

Quote:
I'm also a bit baffled by this. The original reason you thought he only deserved one Huffman was the perceived value of the Huffmans.
Yes, but at this point I just want to get this done with and I don't really care about giving him two at this point. If that's what he thought he was getting, so be it. I shouldn't have taken the time to breed his normal female to my male so I'll just have to pay the price of a misunderstanding, and I'm ok with that.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I also don't see much visual difference from black pastels. Even the supers look like selectively bred black pastels to me. I've not been able to see what all the "hooplah" is over them, try as I might.
and some people can't tell a normal from a Yellow Belly. This thread isn't about people's opinions on morphs or their prices. If you want to discuss that though, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to help.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #134
radera5
[quote=Abby;1343397]Yes, I did, two other clutches.

Yes, but at this point I just want to get this done with and I don't really care about giving him two at this point. If that's what he thought he was getting, so be it. I shouldn't have taken the time to breed his normal female to my male so I'll just have to pay the price of a misunderstanding, and I'm ok with that.

....EXACTLY! I think it is funny that Abby is being called greedy here. The person with the only genes that even mattered here.....you know those "Black Pastel" genes .......

Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #135
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
....EXACTLY! I think it is funny that Abby is being called greedy here. The person with the only genes that even mattered here.....you know those "Black Pastel" genes .......
LOL! The reason she appears greedy is BECAUSE she feels it was only the genes that mattered here.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #136
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post
LOL! The reason she appears greedy is BECAUSE she feels it was only the genes that mattered here.
Actually, no. I felt like him expecting he should get half (when he didn't contribute half, value or effort-wise) was a slap in the face to my contribution and work. I felt like he was the one putting the snake's value over our friendship. Opinions may differ, but that is how I felt. I am so greedy because I offered to give a friend access to a morph they never would have had, I guess. and now I'm still greedy because he's getting exactly what he wanted

Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #137
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post
That isn't really debatable though.....the Huffs genes, that produced an ALL Huff clutch......yeah those were all that mattered here.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #138
radera5
Quote:
That isn't really debatable though.....the Huffs genes, that produced an ALL Huff clutch......yeah those were all that mattered here.
Sorry I should have added.....that is science not my opinion

Old 08-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #139
deborahbroadus
Quote:

I thought I was done??
Correction: Post 1-ABBY:
Quote:
There are 2 obvious Huffmans and 3 I am not sure on.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #140
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I thought I was done??
Correction: Post 1-ABBY:
Geez Deb you know what, your right. How could I have missed that ?
Please excuse me.....so one normal as well....I still don't see how the female matters here?? Gene wise anyway......which was the point I was making. Thanks for nit picking though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!