Evan Stahl or evansnakes - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #131
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Not taking sides in this discussion, but to provide some factual background, I actually rescinded Evan's ban, and quite a few others, back on 10-23-2011.
I noticed you had said you had rescinded the ban a while back, but Donovan didn't know that when he made his post about Evan. That is what I meant by my comment. I didn't mean to imply anything else.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #132
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes View Post
I cant say very much because I am filing a suite partially concerning that incident, that is the only reason that you have not heard more about it. I was alone, 9 hours from home, my life was threatened loudly and clearly by a person with a group of people with him in a public place and I made sure to inform them that I had a gun and would use it to defend myself. Donovan was not there, the public was not there. you are letting donovan change the subject Joe. he was not there
Not letting Donavon change subject at all. Just wanted to hear your side since it was brought up. Thanks for explaining.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #133
snakepunk
I will make a few points regarding some of Evan’s latest obfuscations and then I’m done. This is an absolute waste of my precious time that could be applied towards much more productive things. There is no use trying to explain things to someone who is irrational. If someone else has any questions for me, I’ll try my best to answer them in a timely manner.

I do believe I still have the files for evansbugs.com on my macbook. It was similar to his current site, but with a red color scheme and a tarantula logo. I was also working on a third site where he was going to rent out his animals as props for horror movies. Just because he never had me upload them, doesn’t mean they weren’t created.

We also never met by me asking him if I could build a website for him (I’ve never even finished my own). That occurred much later. We had met after both of us vending in St. Louis and started talking about the band Rancid having played in the city the night before. We have similar taste in music, so we became friends.

It was Evan who contacted me wanting to buy corns and nothing was mentioned about “net 30 days”. Maybe this is a common practice, but I was unaware of it at the time. Also, why didn’t he want me taking my animals back after I found out different? “They’re just cornsnakes” after all. And if I acted liked a child, what about his public hissy fit where started breaking things. He also gave me no money that day, which is why I “failed to mention it”.

As Rommie testified, there was no bag involved at the Indianapolis show in question. I keep very detailed records of each and every animals genetics, and label their cups accordingly. Most of my corns came from Rich Z, so I’m discovering hidden hets and producing odd ball stuff every year.

Perhaps Evan means the bag at Tinley the year before, when we put 100 normals in a bag for a buyer from Petco/Petsmart. That was almost a year prior to this Indianapolis show. He is confusing events. I distinctly remember that because right before I left, I sat for 4 hours straight, popping all those hatchlings (and many more) only to have them later mixed.

While I don’t deny Evan has the right to personally value ball pythons more than corns, I happen to feel quite the opposite, as do many others. He knows this. Why else would he want them?

I don’t remember ever saying there were no checkered garters. I was planning on returning them to him. They’re cool snakes, but not exactly hard to come by. I had enough corn projects to keep me busy. It is worth noting he has well over-inflated the garters market value, but then again they aren’t cornsnakes, so they must be worth a little.

Yes, we had talked about making arrangements to get me paid, but that’s all it was, just talk. My animals weren’t doing poorly, but I did skip breeding this year. I just moved into a 5 bedroom place with 2 baths and a basement in another town over an hour away from where I work, so I’ve been busy. As far me being “unemployed and lazy”, I’m typing this out from my office where I’m the art director for large graphic design company. I will not discuss my personal life here or anywhere online, as attacks about that are just about as low as you can go, and he went there.

“Extortion or coercion by threats”. Wouldn’t threatening to sue Rich, Patrick, and/or myself fall under that description? At the very least, the personal threats about us meeting at show? Well, I guess I don’t have to worry about in St. Louis now.

Does Mr. Stahl really want to be known for being the guy who, if someone reports a negative experience with him, will sue you? He may have been around a little longer than me, but even I know that any business which operates with that type of strategy won’t last very long. He’ll quickly go from flipping snakes to flipping burgers. Talk about shooting himself in the foot, which brings me to my next topic.

I have witnessed first hand his carelessness with firearms. I’m guessing in his training he missed the lesson about not treating them like a toy. So given that fact in addition to his obnoxious personality, short temper, and his shady business dealing with myself, I certainly find the claim of him being in danger from others somewhat reasonable.

I swear that man has missed his true calling. With his ability to change the subject, shift blame, and outright lie, his talents could have made him much more money had he gone in to politics instead of herpetoculture.

Whether or not anyone chooses to believe me is totally up to them. I’ve laid it all out the best of my ability. My goal isn’t to hurt Evan’s business. He can do that all on his own.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #134
Snake-Queen
Very eloquent, Donovan.

Both parties bring up good points.

It would seem that Evan, thinks the debt is paid as you have the garters ... if you aren't satisfied weigh that, you will have to work something out with him on that issue.

As I don't know either one of you, I cannot comment on anyones character or honesty. There is too much going on in this failed business / friendship that has gone awry to comment.

You know the saying ... there is always three sides to any arguement ... your side, his side and the truth.
Which could be a combination of both sides. There is too many players in different aspects of this dispute, which muddies the water.

The one thing that both parties agree on is the snakes. While I don't know the value of corns or garters, this may be a wash as long as Donovan is in possession of the garter snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!