Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 145 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #1441
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas View Post
No , it won't be deleted nor was there a reason to think or insinuate it that it would or might be. I warned you to not use the moniker " Ripster " outside of one area on the forum. If that has your panties in a bunch , not my problem. In the future , try not to read too much into what is asked. The Bush League is not nor does it have a BOI and the rules there are different in some ways than here.

Neither Steven nor Reptster is being protected at the Bush League and Steven has openly answered questions asked of him. Regardless of my feelings on Reptster , I nor the Admin or other Mod , are inclined to let you or anyone else turn it into a pissing match.
Actually there was a reason... I have not been there that long and was refered by another breeder to that site.... and it seemed like most posts were PRO RIPster. No one was questioning parts of his posts that made no sense... except maybe Sammy. Maybe those members are unaware of what has transpired. But your right... .they dont have the BOI and thus another reason I chose to post it here as well.

As for the warning... Nothing I said went over the PG-13 rating that they are trying to adhear to. They may want to get used to the moniker... cause Im not the only one that is using it. Its probably just a matter of time (this is just speculation on my part and not the opinions of Rich or Fauna)

I have valid points and valid questions. Think about... .what they are spewing just doesnt wash. How am I, a very small time breeder, albe to get my discounts... but RIPster looses theirs... and is forced to cover the difference and payup in 30 days.

As for the pissing match... .all I want is some straight answers... dont blow smoke up my What they are trying to push just doesnt add up. If you want to take everything at face value that comes out of that camp... Fine....

Once again... why would FedX give up 4grand a day (hypothetical obtainable figure using my numbers in the previous post) if RIPster was on the up and up. WHY?

Old 11-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #1442
GottaLuvHerps
Sure, I'll be the one to say it...

On the Saturday after I started this post, at the very end of the show, Larry and BT said that they would no longer be supporting Reptster until this situation was settled. It should be right there on the archives, and I am sure many people heard it. I never mentioned it before, but it was said. I was quite surprised, as I know RR was a huge promoter of Reptster, but according to that show that night, they would not be supporting what they were doing because of the thread going on.
So, what changed (if anything)? It just seems to me that if they were NOT supporting Reptster, that maybe they would speak up a bit more about the situation considering how big they were about Reptster in the beginning.
No, I am not a member at BL, and am not planning on becoming one, as I am not a BP breeder, and see no reason to join except for the current thread going on. So, unfortunately, I will not be posting this there.
Larry and BT, please note that I am NOT saying you are supporting Reptster in any way, I just thought the tone of the thread was very pro-Reptster (except for a few), and I didn't think you would keep quiet about it on the forums since you didn't on the radio show.
Maybe I shouldn't even be bringing this up on this thread. Sorry if I am out of line.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #1443
MDC_Ophiuchus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaLuvHerps View Post
No, I am not a member at BL, and am not planning on becoming one, as I am not a BP breeder, and see no reason to join except for the current thread going on.
A little off-topic, but just FYI, you are by no means required to be a breeder of anything to join the BL forums. They welcome anyone.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #1444
GottaLuvHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC_Ophiuchus View Post
A little off-topic, but just FYI, you are by no means required to be a breeder of anything to join the BL forums. They welcome anyone.
I guess I should have stated this better. I meant that the forum seems to be focused on BPs and the BP market from what I have seen, so I guess the better way to put it is that I just would not fit in as a lizard person for the most part. It was in no way meant in a bad way towards BL at all. But thanks :-)

Old 11-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #1445
BryonsBoas
When I took on the job as Mod on BLBC , I gave everyone a clean slate. The members there are of their own mind , just as here , as to whether they will support them or not. Not every member there is a member of Fauna nor do I imagine every member has heard of , participates or uses the BOI here. If anyone wants to paint the BLBC in any light , it would be nice if they took into consideration that not every single herp keeper knows of or uses fauna. Nor does every herp keeper feel the need to follow the crowd either way.

Other than that, any questions about the BLBC and how we handle things on our site can be taken there. I apologize to Rich & Fauna that it has gone this far here.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #1446
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas View Post
I apologize to Rich & Fauna that it has gone this far here.
Thank you. I'm hoping I don't have to use the OFF TOPIC hammer here.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #1447
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Thank you. I'm hoping I don't have to use the OFF TOPIC hammer here.
If you do it won't be because of me. My apologies again.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #1448
jayefbe
I'm sure some of you have already seen this...

So while David is taking credit for UPS considering to ship snakes, apparently UPS was planning on it all along and it was Pro Exotics doing all the hard work. I'm not surprised that David's trying to take credit for UPS' change of heart.

http://www.proexotics.com/ups_shipping.html

Old 11-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #1449
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe View Post
I'm sure some of you have already seen this...

So while David is taking credit for UPS considering to ship snakes, apparently UPS was planning on it all along and it was Pro Exotics doing all the hard work. I'm not surprised that David's trying to take credit for UPS' change of heart.
Interesting. But are we sure this isn't related to Reptster? It just seems really odd that they both are saying they are waiting on shipping tests and should know something by end of 2008...

I'm curious though...Being that Reptster's whole deal is to skip each shipper becoming actually Certified...How is it that any package testing done by UPS for David is going to do any good for everyone else? So David proves that he can ship correctly, what about the others going through the account?

Old 11-04-2008, 12:51 AM   #1450
jayefbe
From what Robyn has posted on the ball python forum in ks, it sounds like UPS is just thinking about having a similar program to FedEx in which a certification process is involved. I'm going to quote Robyn directly from the post on ks:

Quote:
I have seen various discussions online on the UPS-live snake shipping issue, and I just wanted to clear something up. Pro Exotics is the charter member of the UPS non venomous live snake shipping program, and I don't know of any other members.

Lots of folks could claim credit, I guess, but that doesn't make it true. We have done the work, and we are very excited about getting UPS to open up the non venomous snake shipping market in the reptile hobby.

This program has been rolling for a while now, and will hopefully be completed this year. This is the start of something big.
It doesn't look like Reptster had anything to do with this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster