New Pennsylvania Super Shows! - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #141
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRC30 View Post
Stephanie,
I need to learn how to take pics like you do of your animals!
Those ones aren't that great. I had the wrong lens on my camera. Thanks for the compliment though!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #142
DanRC30
Cindy,
It sounds like you have some great snakes there!!!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #143
mikeyt
Has anyone noticed that for the past 4 days this thread has been nice and quiet and peaceful and now look whos back.

While no one has been here and bashed Hamburg in several days, and have let things drop and be what they may, its nice to see which side has decided to come back and stir things up again. None other then:

Classic Dums: representative and obvious spokesperson for Hamburg reptile show, sharing his opinion (which he is entitled) and promoting the thoughts of all others at the Hamburg show. I am glad that people are taking the innitiative to send you so many emails and inquiries about the show and letting you speak on their behalf, please check your email, mine will be a delight.

Now for the rest of us that have come to the conclusion and understand that there are now 2 competing shows and have dropped it and let it alone, lets continue this thread in a positive manner for Martys upcoming shows

Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #144
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
Classic Dums: representative and obvious spokesperson for Hamburg reptile show, sharing his opinion (which he is entitled) and promoting the thoughts of all others at the Hamburg show. I am glad that people are taking the innitiative to send you so many emails and inquiries about the show and letting you speak on their behalf, please check your email, mine will be a delight.
ive received the emails since this thread went quite a couple days ago, and as i said they were in responce to this thread and the missunderstanding i explained within my posts, its ok though im not gonna let it get barried like you guys keep tryn to do, am i speakn for others, no, ive copied and pasted it below so you can read it again and as long as this thread receives responces will continue to copy n paste over n over again, i am encouraging you or anyone else to speak to the other vendors so u can see for your self what is going on

Quote:
one more thing i received emails about aperntly there was some guy(since denise is female i dont understand why anyone cares what some guy says) walking around at martys show telling people denise was giving free tables to vendors who didnt do martys show and only did hers, this is a miss understanding, for the last couple yrs denise has done a "vendor apreciation" show in june, and what that is is she gives a free table to all her regular vendors to say thank you for supporting the show, this is nothing new and its not based on whos show u do or dont do, its based on being a regular vendor at her show and nothing more, after receiving the emails i spoke to denise and the regulaR vendors who did martys show will still be getting there free table

there again her n i dissagree i dont think she should be given table and rewarding people who are supporting direct competitors of hers that r so close, but its her show

and again
i would like to invite everyone to join us at the next hamburg show feb 27th http://hamburgreptileshow.com/ and while there, anyone who thinks im alone in the way i feel about how marty has handled things please aproach n speak to any of the vendors that were not present at martys show, your welcome to aproach me and ill point you in there direction. I assure you everyone(lets say 95% incase theres anyone new) that will b in hamburg on the 27th was invited to martys show, im sure there was a couple that had other obligations but i assure u if you ask the majority will say the same things i have, there disgusted with how marty has handled this, i may be the only one posting here but i am far from the only one sharing these feelings

now im curious these last 3 posts of mine havnt been attackin no one, theve simple been in responce to missconcetions that have been addressed to me that im tryn to clear up,why r guys so determined to burry this? maybe you dont want people to see it rather hide it so people dont see were these missunderstanding r comin from? im gonna keep responding as long as this thread is alive so people see the truth, if were all done this will b my last post

Old 01-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #145
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Has anyone noticed that for the past 4 days this thread has been nice and quiet and peaceful and now look whos back.
Mike, we were making a point of ignoring him. Now look what you did.

Jason, what you're saying is the same thing Denise has already answered with here in this very thread, so it's not new information. The gentleman who allegedly was going around Marty's show on behalf of Denise is Todd, one of the guys that works security for her (and vends both shows). I forget his last name, but will try and get that to you so you can speak with him if you'd like.

One last thing, it's pretty sleazy to advertise a competing show in this thread. Make your own thread about shows held at the Fieldhouse.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #146
mikeyt
oops, my bad. Sorry everyone

Well, Mr. Dum has stated that as long as this thread is alive he will not allow it to be burried and continue to copy and post. If he likes to repeat himself, so be it. Isnt he the one who earlier in this post referred to the policy of third party info? What are his emails? Third party info to me. Dont be a hippocrite.

As far as I can see, no one has burried anything, yet has just accepted it and moved on. Besides Mr. Spokesman, who made you in charge of clearing anything up? Who are you? Just vendor #1 at the door at hamburg. What makes you privy to the top secret inner workings and info of either Denise or Martys show? Have you been present during any personal conversations between Marty and Denise, or between any of the conversations that have taken place between (marty/denise) and their vendors, how about since I didnt see you at the Reading show, were you there for the conversations between this Todd guy and the vendors he spoke with? So in my opinion you are right about one thing, most people will say they have heard something from Tom, and he had heard it From Dick, so since I doubt you cannot answer yes to the above questions, What did you say your name was again??? You have stated your opinion, and the opinions of others you represent (via email), and so have others, as well as Denise.

So when you have first hand pertinent information, rather then repeat copy and paste material, the only thing you are doing is making denise and the show you are trying to support look bad. The rest of us have moved on to greener pastures, you can continue to wade in the muck.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #147
Classic Dum's
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Mike, we were making a point of ignoring him. Now look what you did.

Jason, what you're saying is the same thing Denise has already answered with here in this very thread, so it's not new information. The gentleman who allegedly was going around Marty's show on behalf of Denise is Todd, one of the guys that works security for her (and vends both shows). I forget his last name, but will try and get that to you so you can speak with him if you'd like.

One last thing, it's pretty sleazy to advertise a competing show in this thread. Make your own thread about shows held at the Fieldhouse.
you can veiw it as sleazy all im tryn to do is put this stuff to rest, you and the others posting have taken a stand i dont expect to get through to you guys, me posting that is to make a point to the readers on the fence that the 2 or 3 of us that have posted opposing veiws to yours within this thread are far from the only ones with this feelings n before they decide who they feel is right or wrong to check it out for themselves so they can see whether the 2 or 3 of us are talkn shit or for real,

i have no idea why todd would be sayn things like that, i dont remeber if he was in the group but at the last hamburg show 2 or 3 of the security myself n denise were talkn about all this and when the vendor apreciation show got brought up i told her i thought she was nuts for given people who were suppoorting a show that close to hers free tables, i dont think those vendors should be rewarded but even then she said the same thing that she told me on the phone the other day that she isnt getting into it so maybe todd miss understoud something there i have no idea but whats bein spread is not correct,

one thing most people dont understand is havn 2 shows that close is not in anyway shape or form good for either show, at first when its new most vendors will do ok, some may even see a temopary spike in sales, but once the excetment over something new wears off reality will set in and there only so much "reptile money" in a given area, so when you have 2 shows that close the money there is getting split, martys show is not going to bring new money into the area,the vendors and eventaully the customer base is going to suffer because of this, start asking the vendors were there from most customers dont realize their favorite vendors r coming from hrs away

ive seen this happen a 100 times, ive been doin shows since the early 90s, st louis, chicago, indinaoplis, and several others r cities ive personally witnessed this and im now going to witness it with hamburg/reading,

the vendors now have double the overhead and double the work to make the same amount of money, like i said first couple shows might be a slight spike cause its new and people want to check it out but that will fade, in time vendors will stop making the trip with double the overhead and work for the same amount of money they were makin when there was 6 shows a yr in the feild house, when that happens customers r gonna stop showing up when there favorite vendors no longer attend, u guys r jumpin up n down but in time it will affect you as well,

the way marty has handled this and what i just posted is why i think denise should block vendors from doing his show and why i think she should only reward vendors with free tables that r loyal to her show, but contrary to what the peanut gallery says she dissagrees with doin this

Old 01-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #148
Classic Dum's
Quote:
So when you have first hand pertinent information, rather then repeat copy and paste material, the only thing you are doing is making denise and the show you are trying to support look bad.
i dissagree theres a few of you here that cant stand me thats wonderful i could care less, like i said in my last post im not letting it get burried so readers on the fence can see the truth give them an option to find out for themselves

Old 01-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #149
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursedj View Post
Cool pythons Cindy.....You should have picked something up off of my table too!....lol.
I really was trying to buy from you Jamie! Saw a couple Leopard Geckos I liked! Of course all the baby cresties were way too cute! Heard that you might have some beardies??

Just really have to save up for those leachies!!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #150
DanRC30
I'm looking for some Amazon Basin Emeralds if anyone knows of any available. I hope to see some at the next show on March 19-21st in Reading, PA!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!