Bad Guy Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #141
Bill Stonegate
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
I'm sure it will be public information on the outcome I don't know how hard it will be to beat a corrupt system.
If it will be soon be public information, then it will be in your best interest to come clean on the facts.

Most people here will not judge you too harshly on those facts, but if you try to lie, you might as well bend over the couch and receive your just rewards.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #142
LakesideBoas
Theresa,
Yes, the animals are in good care (at least I don't hear anything bad about Chris Foley from anyone I have talked to) He seems to have genuine passion for reptiles.

He will be compensated, but the compensation is not determined until the court prceedings are final. We had to feed and house the snake we had for 8 1/2 months. We were deeded ownership of the animal and awarded compensation to be paid by the person who stole the animal initially, but the care came out of our pocket until that point.

We only had one animal, Chris may be in possession of a hundred or so. That's a LOT of rats and paper towels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
In cases involving dogs confiscated (owners in jail), they are cared for by a facility(chosen by the courts normally) that will be compensated. When the animals' fate is decided, then the facility is paid for caring for the animals. If the case is dropped against the owner, then the court pays for the care, if the case is upheld, the owner pays for the care OR the court can award the animals to the facility(or animals AND care costs).
In any case, the facility caring for the reptiles should be compensated for caring for the animals... unless some other arrangement was made, being as these are not dogs, they are specialized care species, and venomous species(from the ads stated).
I dunno what he was in jail for, when it all went down, my only contribution is to how animals and courts and care while fates are decided goes down.
I hope all the surviving animals go into good care. None of this was their fault.
Theresa Baker

Old 10-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #143
LakesideBoas
He may have been advised by his attorney not to go into details involving the case to be presented. The other case is already closed, so mentioning that and the circumstances surrounding it may have been okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post
If it will be soon be public information, then it will be in your best interest to come clean on the facts.

Most people here will not judge you too harshly on those facts, but if you try to lie, you might as well bend over the couch and receive your just rewards.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #144
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stonegate View Post

Bill,

The fact is I'm having financial hard times and that's what it boils down too. I don't even have the money yet to hire a good competent attorney.

It would be useful if Chris Foley come forward and answer this thread too dn't you think?

Old 10-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #145
SERPENTS DEN
I'm sure I've said to much already so I'm leaving this thread. If people want information they will have to read the entire thread or ask Chris Foley.

I will inform people on any new details when the case is closed.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #146
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Bill,

The fact is I'm having financial hard times and that's what it boils down too. I don't even have the money yet to hire a good competent attorney.

It would be useful if Chris Foley come forward and answer this thread too dn't you think?
Most attorneys will give you an initial consult for free to see if they will take your case.

Except to tell us that the animals are indeed being taken care of and post a copy of the waiver/deed if he has one Chris really has nothing else to say to us. He has many things he could impart to you, and you should be in contact with him through an attorney...that type of contact protects you both. Would hope you would meet with one as soon as possible, in fact through you posts I thought that you had.

I think Bill is saying post the facts, no embellishment, and do not lie and you will be fine.

You feel your animals were stolen, your landlord may have an entirely different perspective. He is out money for the building rental and may not have an inkling just how much your animals are worth. Chris actually did you a favor by stepping in as Animal Control's representative. Your animals could have been in possession of your landlord and be receiving far short of the care they require.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #147
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
Most attorneys will give you an initial consult for free to see if they will take your case.

Except to tell us that the animals are indeed being taken care of and post a copy of the waiver/deed if he has one Chris really has nothing else to say to us. He has many things he could impart to you, and you should be in contact with him through an attorney...that type of contact protects you both. Would hope you would meet with one as soon as possible, in fact through you posts I thought that you had.

I think Bill is saying post the facts, no embellishment, and do not lie and you will be fine.

You feel your animals were stolen, your landlord may have an entirely different perspective. He is out money for the building rental and may not have an inkling just how much your animals are worth. Chris actually did you a favor by stepping in as Animal Control's representative. Your animals could have been in possession of your landlord and be receiving far short of the care they require.
I have spoke to an attorney and he said I have a good case but won't work on contingency. I'm not out to get Chris and I'm certain he was lied too by my landlord and authorities that the animals were abandoned as was told to another resue organization. My landlords were aware the animals were valuable in fact I use to show them off to them and told them what certain animals are worth.

They could have handled this properly through the courts rather than doing what they done.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #148
LakesideBoas
Well, that is not good. I wish you well in finding a competent attorney. (as much as people joke around about lawyers it's always nice to have a good one on your side in a pinch! )

If they didn't call Chris, they would have called someone else. I, personally, would be glad it was him. He seems like a pretty stand-up guy.

Let us know how this all turns out. If nothing else, people have learned from your plight so your experience might help someone else.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #149
Ed Clark
Quote:
I'm sure I've said to much already so I'm leaving this thread.
Steve, best of luck. your in a tough situation.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:09 AM   #150
DaveyFig
[quote=Southern Wolf;641747]
Dave... I can tell you this much.... if that ever happened to me..... the first to get relocated WOULD BE my high end stuff.... both myself... and my friend that helps me would see to that.... then we would move the lower end stuff out.

And maybe his GF couldnt get the lower end animals out before problems arose.

Honestly.... would you leave the high end animals there... probably knowing that the landlord may try something. Nope you wouldnt.[quote]

The problem I have with this is that everyone involved knew how many snakes there were. If they were going to take all of them and not abandon some, why not rent a truck?
If they planned all along to take every snake, would it matter in which order they were taken in?
Of course the girlfriend didn't get them out before probelms arose. Had there not been problems, there would have been no reason to take them!
Unless I read wrong, the power was not turned off, so the heat was sufficient to sustain the animals, and yet some died. How long does it take for reptiles to die without food and water? How long was it before Chris was called? If everything was on the up and up, I think it would have been fairly easy for someone to call and say "Yeah, I know there is some money owed, and the building is locked out, but there are animals that will die if not cared for". If nothing else, Chris would have been called earlier.
Why were there no attempts to save the lives of those that were left? If there were attempts, I would like to see records.
The only reason I could see for taking only the high end stuff is they planned to abandon the rest. Whether they didn't have room for them where they were going, or time, or whatever, the person who picked up the animals was very choosey when loading the vehicle. It doesn't matter why the others were left...They were left to die, and some did.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris foley, eric musser, steve markevich