Adam Block banging on the door - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2003, 06:42 PM   #141
HerpVenue
Quote:
Ritchie, now you're talking and acting like one of my children! Grow up!
So who came up in here posting their lies?

To get you to post the truth you have to have all sorts of prerequisits.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:49 PM   #142
longissima
For those with nothing better to do.....

You want "my" version of this crapfest, well here ya go! Poke holes, find half-truths, and make up your own mind about if what I am telling you is the version that you want to hear. I guess it makes no difference seeing as some of you have changed YOUR stories as much as anyone you are accusing of doing the same.
Quote:
Derek here is what I would like to know. Last August who went to Daytona to purhcase these animals?
My longtime friend Mr. Shouse. I will not use his full name as I will NOT subject him to ridicule as he had nothing to do with the death of this snake.
Quote:
Whos money did they have to purchase the animals with.
Mr. Shouse's. He brought back quite a few animals with him. Some are still in my care.
Quote:
Upon purchase was their receipts collected to prove where each animal came from?
I have several receipts but I never received one from NERD. I have no reason to believe Mr. Shouse lied about where he purchased the ball pythons.
Quote:
How long did it take to transport them home?
I believe he left FL on Monday, maybe Tuesday and I received them Thursday evening.
Quote:
Once home how were they set up(cage, temps, hides etc)?
The baby ball pythons, the albino and het. were set up individually in 12 quart Sterilite containers. The bedding was Harlan aspen shavings, the had 8 inch plastic flower pot bottoms (overturned with an entrance cut out in them) for hides, the had 3" ceramic crocks for water. Each container had 6 holes in the long sides and 5 in the short sides for ventilation for a total of 22 holes (they were ~1/4" holes). The room where they were kept was 85-88 during the day and 78-82 at night. They were fed live large fuzzy mice as they were very young and ate with no problems.
Quote:
Whom was the first person they resided with and how long did they reside with this person?
Me. Until end of Sept or first of Oct. 2002. About 5-6 weeks.
Quote:
What date did they leave that person house and where did they go?
Around the first of Oct. 2002. The albino and het. females from NERD and the yearling male from BHB went to Adam per Mr. Shouse's request. I was given the option of whether I wanted to keep them or not. At that time I had quite a few animals to take care of and I did not mind if Adam were to take over the ball python side of the partnership.
Quote:
Did this person keep feed and shed records?
Yes, for everything. As far as I know, Adam has always kept the same kind of records.
Quote:
Did you or anyone else see them while in this person care?
Alot of my friends from work came to see the albino ball pythons and some of the other exotics that were placed in my care.
Quote:
how often were they given fresh water?
Sunday is cleaning day, so it is changed in every cage on Sunday along with general cleaning. Monday is feeding day. Thursday was "check over" day. I will go through all the cage checking for empty/fouled water, sheds etc.
Quote:
did they live with anyone else for longer then a 24hr period prior to be placed in your care?
Not until Adam received them.

As far as the overall health of the ball pythons, in my opinion they were either very young or very small for their age. I have hatched several ball pythons and have taken care of numerous imported babies(unfortunately), and these were, for lack of a better word, "runtish". This does not mean it was unhealthy in any way. I do not know if this had to do with their age, incubation, clutch size, genetics or what. They ate just fine. The het. female grew like a weed, the albino did not. She did not seem to gain any weight but held meals down OK.
I have never personally seen the report from the U of A's biology department in person. The only time I had seen it was on here a year ago. I did not know up until that point that snakes could die from gout. I found it very interesting and surprising. I'm not sure what I could have done about it while it was in my care as it seemed fine.

Anyway, I guess this is my version. I believe if anyone is at fault for the albino's death it would be mine as it was in my care for the majority of the time while it was alive after the show. If it was a long-term case of gout or something genetic, then that's the "breaks" when dealing with exotic animals. For the record though, alot of you who SWEAR by bigtime breeders and big name folks in the herp industry, bigger is not always better. Ask the folks with the original "het" Rainwater albino leos and ask them what they think. I believe Rich Z. may have a take or two on that as well.

My $.02....take it or leave it.

Old 11-17-2003, 02:02 PM   #143
dwedeking
I think most businesses in most industries will only honor guarantees to the original purchaser of the item. Adam was the 3rd owner and I understand the stance of NERD not dealing with Adam (he wasn't their customer, and I believe Adam was just going after the deepest pockets in the deal.). This would be true of the small time breeders and the big time breeders.

Course the story as it was originally protrayed was definitely different than the one that Derek just posted for us.

Old 11-19-2003, 12:45 AM   #144
longissima
Just wondering......

........what happened to everyone wanting all of that info? You have been hounding after the truth for over a year and now I have posted my side of the story. Seems anticlimactic.

Old 11-19-2003, 07:54 AM   #145
HerpVenue
Quote:
Just wondering......
........what happened to everyone wanting all of that info? You have been hounding after the truth for over a year and now I have posted my side of the story. Seems anticlimactic.
1. It is a different version from what Adam told us.
2. It has been over a year and everyone is getting tired of it.
3. If it is the truth.....then why wait so log to post it?
4. Not everyone is looking for more Drama so I was letting it go.
5. The only problem I have is when Adam complains about "HIS" ball python that he got from Nerd when he is actually the third person who has "owned" it.
6. Some guy buys multiple HIGH PRICED animals and has them stay at other peoples houses. What's the point in buying them? Unless it is a future investment into your breeding stock.
7. Basically/Technichally Adam is the third owner of the ball python, but he was the one wanting a replacement from NERD. Does not make sense to me.
8. No matter what.......Someone in your party lied. And the other covered up. Or both or vice versa..
9. No proof has been brought up against NERD. No proof of Adam's allegations...........Therefore, one side looks bad and the other side has been "vindicated" END OF STORY.
10. END OF STORY................Time to move on. Unless you have something new to add

Old 11-19-2003, 08:13 AM   #146
Rob @ RK Reptiles
One thing......I have never known NERD to not proudly give a receipt on EVERY purchase. So if this person says they did not get a receipt that is in itself a problem because I don't believe it came from NERD without a receipt. I could be wrong but I don't believe I am on this. Also there is no way even if NERD had sold the animal that they should be responsible after the animal has changed hands this many times.

Old 11-19-2003, 04:33 PM   #147
Adam Block
Rob, give that up, NERD said the animal was sold to my partner. If you don't think he's telling the truth about it take it up with him.

Quote:
7. Basically/Technichally Adam is the third owner of the ball python, but he was the one wanting a replacement from NERD. Does not make sense to me.
Ritchie I think you're right, without NERD wanted to go into this it's a dead issue, it's been a very long time. I just wanted to correct something that you seem to misunderstand.

Basically/Technichally I don't own the snake. I was not the third or second owner as there had always only been one owner, Mr. Shouse. I called Kevin because I was the most well known at the time, had spoken with the other people who had dealt with Kevin and wasn't looking to get a refund or anything at the time. When I first called NERD I was just trying to get their feeling on what might have happend or if it had happend with any other snakes.

Point is, even if Kevin agreed to replace it with a Super Pied Spider Mojave I wouldn't have gotten anything out of the deal.

Ritchie, you have never spoken to me, it has become very clear that you don't understand this situation at all and are making no attempt to do so. You keep mis-assuming the same exact things without ever stopping to ask.

I'm only saying that because each time I see you post your gut seems to be telling you something that couldn't be further from the truth, you then base everything of something that wasn't correct from the start. It's a silly waste of time for us all. If nothing else can we both agree on that?

Old 11-19-2003, 05:49 PM   #148
swsmith
Well I went to terry dunham's website and sure enough the pics that were sent to me were from terry's site

Old 11-19-2003, 06:59 PM   #149
gmherps
There should be a stopping point for everything.

Old 11-19-2003, 07:11 PM   #150
swsmith
oops accidently posted on this thread this should be in the jeremy starke thread
Sorry!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!