Info Craig Hughes (twohy4you) - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #141
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I thought I was done??
Yes, two are very dark and the other three are lighter. I am pretty sure on two of them but waiting on the last to shed. Either way, we will be working something out. He is insisting there are 5, so if there are, he will get 2.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #142
radera5
I originally thought is was just 3 Huffs anyway, or a possible 3. Then I saw it was said it was all Huffs. I am a bit confused there but either way I was talking genes, which the female didn't play a part of.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #143
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Yes, two are very dark and the other three are lighter. I am pretty sure on two of them but waiting on the last to shed. Either way, we will be working something out. He is insisting there are 5, so if there are, he will get 2.
BTW, I have explained this to him numerous times.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #144
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
That isn't really debatable though.....the Huffs genes, that produced an ALL Huff clutch......yeah those were all that mattered here.
I know you think so, and I feel sorry for you.

I am just repeating myself and am sorry for that so I will leave it with this......and unlike others in the history of the BOI, when I say I am done here, I actually mean it.

This was a breeding loan between friends. Would Craig have made out like a bandit here? ABSOLUTELY!!! And Abby would have came out a real winner. She not only would have had a few Huffmans but she would have had a friend for life. She would have been a true friend who didn't think about herself and jumped at the chance of helping someone out. The kind of friend we all want and, I believe most, want to be.

Instead, greed set in. This wasn't about helping a friend, it became about getting hers. It was no longer about friendship but what she considered fair. In the end, the clutch was still split but not before everyone got to see her whine, and continue to whine, like a child who's younger sibling received an additional present under the Christmas tree.

Abby could have come out of this shining. A model of behavior to this community which everyday seems to need more of. Instead.......well here we are.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #145
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post

I am just repeating myself and am sorry for that so I will leave it with this......and unlike others in the history of the BOI, when I say I am done here, I actually mean it.

This was a breeding loan between friends. Would Craig have made out like a bandit here? ABSOLUTELY!!! And Abby would have came out a real winner. She not only would have had a few Huffmans but she would have had a friend for life. She would have been a true friend who didn't think about herself and jumped at the chance of helping someone out. The kind of friend we all want and, I believe most, want to be.

Instead, greed set in. This wasn't about helping a friend, it became about getting hers. It was no longer about friendship but what she considered fair. In the end, the clutch was still split but not before everyone got to see her whine, and continue to whine, like a child who's younger sibling received an additional present under the Christmas tree.

Abby could have come out of this shining. A model of behavior to this community which everyday seems to need more of. Instead.......well here we are.
Nice little story there, too bad it's fiction. I know I'm not the only one who thinks Craig is the one being greedy. Obviously not everyone thinks that. It really is a matter of opinion. Before I posted this, I asked numerous people because I really was torn. I didn't want to hurt Craig's feelings, but I was assured over and over that I was in the right and that I NEEDED to post this. Before I even posted it I had already decided if folks thought I should give two I would. That was already decided.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #146
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah View Post

Hey Bart, so glad you spoke up! I feel sorry that you think "Craig's normal female" was the key here.....or mattered at all gene wise.

Everything else you went on about is your opinion of a person not the deal, so I don't even care. Trying to say she is greedy when SHE owns the Huffs is just funny to me. She could produce more this year, next year, hell as many years from now as you can think of. That whole "story" of yours just isn't working.

Lastly I am reading that there is NO real count on the Huffs as of yet. Also I think Abby said she would give him 2 along time ago.

Anyway since you wont be posting again, have a nice day Bart

Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #147
Quiet Tempest
Maybe it's just me but discounting the female in question as basically worthless rubs me the wrong way. Breeding takes a toll. It's the female doing the brunt of the work and she takes on more risk in the endeavor regardless of her lineage. Without a good female there would be no healthy eggs and subsequent hatchlings.

Just wanted to stick up for all the downtrodden normal girls out there.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #148
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Tempest View Post
Maybe it's just me but discounting the female in question as basically worthless rubs me the wrong way. Breeding takes a toll. It's the female doing the brunt of the work and she takes on more risk in the endeavor regardless of her lineage. Without a good female there would be no healthy eggs and subsequent hatchlings.

Just wanted to stick up for all the downtrodden normal girls out there.
Nothing against normal females - I love my normal gals. Just saying, there is a significant difference in the two snakes. That's all!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #149
radera5
Quote:
Nothing against normal females - I love my normal gals. Just saying, there is a significant difference in the two snakes. That's all!
All I was saying as well. NEVER are they considered worthless. I had even stated many times "gene wise"......We would be no-where without normals

Old 08-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #150
hhmoore
Quote:
This actually makes a world of difference, and I apologize for not catching the discrepancy in the stories earlier, Abby. In the other thread, Craig stated that all 5 babies were codoms; and I guess I entered this thread with that in my mind. If that were the case, and minus an actual agreement about the division of the offspring, I would stick with my previously stated opinions...HOWEVER, if there is a more normal trait distribution, I don't think Craig is necessarily entitled to a second Huffman based on his providing the dam. If there are 2 Huffmans, he'd be entitled to one - as it would likely be his first pick...if there are 3, then your next pick would most likely be the remaining Huff - leaving him SOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Not agreeing with you is not the same as not getting it, Abby. I'm quite certain that the majority of us (if not ALL of us) understand your rationale
This probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense...but I still think I understood your rationale. Now, however, your rationale makes more sense. Perhaps, because I was starting from a misunderstanding of the specifics, I didn't understand as well as I thought I did. (Unless I'm the only one that was under that false impression, I'm surprised that people weren't typing it in bolded capitals every time someone referred to the 5 Huffmans....WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP INSISTING THERE WERE 5??
I'm not ashamed to admit when I am wrong....and if the final tally is not 5 Huffmans, I was wrong in my earlier posts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!