USARK NO More - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #141
Lucille
ocerico
Trader Rating: (0) [Rate This User!]
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 01-19-2013 12:32 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread USARK NO More

Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #142
JColt
I was expecting a story but not the one we got! Thanks Ken and I hope you get revenge. I believe I'd have all kinds of illegal thoughts running through my mind if it had been me.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #143
Skiploder
If people have questions about USARK, please direct them through the USARK web site (www.usark.org) or through email to USARK at info@usark.org or through the USARK Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/USARK...rs/93475517723). USARK does not regularly look at this forum and so there is no representative here to answer your questions. I came across this accidentally.

On the USARK Facebook page it states that Zoo Med is matching dollar-for-dollar every dollar donated to USARK in 2012 up to $100,000. This is in general donations, not to the legal fund.

The last financial report i saw (just prior to Daytona) indicated that approximately $20K had been raised for the legal fund at that time. We are a long way from being able to pay a retainer for a federal law suit, but we are working hard on it.

Please feel free to direct your questions to the above contacts should you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Erika Walsh
Vice President
USARK

That clears that up.

Question for Dr. Booth:

Was Erika ever made Vice President by the USARK board of directors? Was that her official title?

Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #144
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post
corroborate
These are serious charges. I absolutely feel as if both groups will probably see a vast and understandable decrease in donations as people sort out how they feel about this situation, and how they feel it should impact the reptile community.

When Andrew's departure was announced, it seemed as if no one wanted to say much.
Fauna is the home of the BOI and the first thing we ask people who bring issues here is that they show some proof.
I'm sure that of those who heard the alleged accusations against Ken, some would not really want to discuss the situation unless it was in a court setting, and perhaps it will come to that.
But so much is riding on the situation that I think corroboration of some kind would be a good idea.
If we don't shine the same flashlight on everyone, we are not the group we think we are.

Just as the readers of the BOI request information in order to make an informed decision, and don't take actions or make decisions because we like one person more than another person, we need more information here. 'No comment' is not going to get it. Those who were involved should come forward for the sake of the reptile community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post

Question for Dr. Booth:

Was Erika ever made Vice President by the USARK board of directors? Was that her official title?
An excellent question to start off with. And it would seem, easy to answer. Yes or no?

Old 01-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #145
Warren_Booth
We have a blast coming out hopefully today. However, briefly, Erika was never on the board or elected by the board to be Vice President. Andrew Wyatt may have made her VP, however that title is void without the boards approval. Erika's official title would have been " volunteer".

I hope that clears things up.

Thank you,
Warren

Old 01-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #146
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Booth View Post
We have a blast coming out hopefully today. However, briefly, Erika was never on the board or elected by the board to be Vice President. Andrew Wyatt may have made her VP, however that title is void without the boards approval. Erika's official title would have been " volunteer".

I hope that clears things up.

Thank you,
Warren
Dr. Booth, at some point it is obvious that Board took notice that she was using the title of VP.

Can you disclose when that was and if the Board directed her to stop using it?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #147
Captive_Science
Thanks for the transparency Ken as we all know transparency is something this industry has always lacked.

As for your accusers, I hope you intend to assert as much legal action as you can against them.

As for Wyatt, it is a good thing he likes to run long distances barefoot. He may need that skill. It appears his personal goals are just as Cro-Magnon as his professional goals.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #148
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
These are serious charges. I absolutely feel as if both groups will probably see a vast and understandable decrease in donations as people sort out how they feel about this situation, and how they feel it should impact the reptile community.

When Andrew's departure was announced, it seemed as if no one wanted to say much.
Fauna is the home of the BOI and the first thing we ask people who bring issues here is that they show some proof.
I'm sure that of those who heard the alleged accusations against Ken, some would not really want to discuss the situation unless it was in a court setting, and perhaps it will come to that.
But so much is riding on the situation that I think corroboration of some kind would be a good idea.
If we don't shine the same flashlight on everyone, we are not the group we think we are.

Just as the readers of the BOI request information in order to make an informed decision, and don't take actions or make decisions because we like one person more than another person, we need more information here. 'No comment' is not going to get it. Those who were involved should come forward for the sake of the reptile community.

An excellent question to start off with. And it would seem, easy to answer. Yes or no?
This discussion is already bordering on not being appropriate in the general forums, and may REQUIRE continuation as a BOI thread so that the rules of engagement can thereby be observed and exercised in that environment. So if "proof" is a necessity of the continuation of this issue in this thread, then I suggest this branching off of the original topic into personal and professional accusations of alleged wrong doing, ethical violations, and personal legal missteps of any involved party transfer to a relevant BOI thread, please.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #150
LoudMetal
Can we post stuff from other reptile forums? I'm noob sorry..She is answering questions on another forum,posting pictures even,to prove she was VP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!