Aprylla Hall - Bad Guy - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:01 PM   #141
Borewyrm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Cox
Shawn, because you are new to this sight and how the BOI works, I will cut you some slack. Ritchie Luna has been a very well known long term member of fauna and at one time a mod. He does not post often because he is fighting for our freedom!! That includes your right to post on this forum IE. your freedom of speech.
He is known as the ferrot for having the ability to sniff out any bad guy, check and cross check IP address, and a general gut instinct for for liar's scammer's and thieves.
If you think that pch101, criticalbill, JimO and DAND can be a little rough, Go Back 2 years ago into some of the old archives, and check out "the dirty dozen". Ritchie was one of them, they were quite a group of characters,that sought out the truth and were much more ruthless in their antics than the group here.
I know this is an off topic post, but Ritchie is not around much anymore and he is missed, at least by me.
OK... so what. I am sure he is a stand up guy. But his comment, even with the postscript, wasn't good. There is no slack for you to be "cutting". I know he wouldnt do it, and despite my rather tactless reply I didn't assign a negative feedback. But that doesnt mean that it should instill a warm fuzzy feeling in the buyer. I served 6 years regular Army, 3 Years Green to Gold Cadet and am currently a Reserve LT. I have served in Korea, been stationed at Fort Bragg, Fort Sill, and spent 6 months in a place that I still am not sure if I can talk about... well I should say can get away with talking about. Does this mean I have the right to say messed up stuff and just expect people to go "Oh shucks, well he is a stand up guy. Its OK!", I don't expect that not would accept it. Like I said before I am sorry for jumping on his post like that. Not so much for what I wrote, but for the lack of tact used.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #142
Aprylla
Quote:
Originally Posted by sig1980
Page 11, Aprylla's e-mail to me sent July 11, 11:12 am in part reads:

Also, since you paid through PayPal, obviously you are
free to file through them for a refund. I am not sure
how that works, but I am guessing that they would just
refund your $$ and make my PayPal account a negative
balance since there aren't any funds in it.
Ok, now you are just plain out and out WRONG about the date that was sent.

Yes, those words were in an e-mail I sent you. But that e-mail was sent at:

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:12:24 -0700 (PDT)

I copied and pasted that directly from the e-mail I saved in my Sent folder that was sent to you. I can forward it to anyone that wants to read it if they want to see the time and date it was sent. I was GONE on the 11th for hurricane evacuation.

Also, you failed to mention that in that same e-mail, I offered you SEVERAL different solutions to resolve the problem and you said you wanted replacement snakes.

The reason there were no funds in my bank account is because prior to the hurricane I had transferred all but about $53 from the PayPal account to my bank account (this is a normal thing I do once a week, to transfer funds to my bank account and leave enough in PayPal to pay any incoming FedEx invoice(s). Within just a couple of days or so, there was $612 plus change in my PayPal account.

Please look back and get your dates straight if you are going to post things like that. Someone else who read that would be wondering why I sent you an e-mail on the 11th when I was out of town at that time.

I did receive Mr. Gilbert's e-mail stating he had cancelled the PayPal complaint, but have not yet received anything from PayPal stating the case has been concluded. After that is received I will contact Mr. Gilbert directly via e-mail to try to bring this issue to a close.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:36 PM   #143
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Shawn, do not feel as though everyone is out against you, there are current active posts of "Good Guys" who are really taking a beating. It is good to know you are taking care of things, with enough Witnesses you should not need to worry about Aprylla not coming through on her end. If she does not, then she will probably be given greif here. Let us know how this all goes, I am guessing you are going to take the animals. If you do take the snakes make sure you do not let the refund happen. Good Luck to both of you.

By the way, I must have missed where Aprylla said you have the option of filing a complaint with PayPal
I am not implying anything here as I know reading some of Aprylla's previous posts on here she is a "good guy", however if anyone has taken the time to read the Bill Leverton thread, especially the first 20 pages than you can definitely see where a "good guy" has gone bad. And people's "instincts'' and trust of someone gets thrown out of a window all in a few days time. It's true crap happens, but was the complaint and post, a jump of the gun? I really don't think so in these days with all the scamming around. It would freak anyone out especially if they worked hard for their money, like we all do.

This is just my opinion though and hope there is a peaceful resolve to the problem.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #144
sig1980
Okay Aprylla, you can continue to split hairs. I went back to the posts that I had forwarded to Jim. On Page 11, under the July 14, 11:12 e-mail it says exactly that. I don't know at this point if it was a duplicate message or one that had been attached from a reply or what. It was simply a reference point for anyone reading this thread to go back and look up to know it wasn't something I made up. If it had been in an earlier message that did not get forwarded and I referenced it- no one would be able to find it. Like I said before, I don't know how to do the qout and cut and paste thing like everyone else, so I found, wrote it down verbatim, and told everyone where they could find it in the thread.

EVERYONE, I APOLOGIZE IF I MISLED ANYONE AS TO THE DATE THAT PARTICULAR E-MAIL WAS SENT. MY ONLY POINT IN GIVING YOU THAT REFERENCE IS SO YOU COULD FIND IT IF NO-ONE BELIEVED ME.

Satisfactory?

If someone else would like to give me their e-mail address I will be happy to send you my confirmation that the complaint had bee resolved as far as Paypal is concerned so that they can post it for me.

I can't even seem to get a satisfactory gesture even after I completely relent and give in to every demand she has made.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:07 PM   #145
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
I am not implying anything here as I know reading some of Aprylla's previous posts on here she is a "good guy", however if anyone has taken the time to read the Bill Leverton thread, especially the first 20 pages than you can definitely see where a "good guy" has gone bad. And people's "instincts'' and trust of someone gets thrown out of a window all in a few days time. It's true crap happens, but was the complaint and post, a jump of the gun? I really don't think so in these days with all the scamming around. It would freak anyone out especially if they worked hard for their money, like we all do.

This is just my opinion though and hope there is a peaceful resolve to the problem.
Brett

Normally, I would be the first to agree with your statement above however, there is a variable in this situation that cannot be mentioned enough times......TWO BIG FREAKING BACK TO BACK HURRICANES!!!

That is not a case of the sun being in her eyes or the glove being to big. It's a pair of natural disasters. I think the slack quota goes up a bit on that one.

Aprylla

Quit while you are ahead. He released the hold, send him his animals or give him his refund and let it go.

Shawn

That was a good and proper step. I am sure you will not regret it.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:14 PM   #146
sig1980
Could someone more computer literate than me please go to page 11, copy and paste the section that reads ---original message-- sent by Aprylla hall to Shawn Gilbert dated July 14, 11:12 am. and place it here. Unfortunately, there is a lot of text ahead of it so I don't know if you can just copy the header and the part I referenced or if you have to copy the whole thing down to that point. Geez!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:04 PM   #147
Gecko_Den
A few questions

1- You spent his money before you shipped his snakes?

2- You offered him a refund, but only if he waited 2-3 weeks to receive the refund?

3- You sent pay Pal a tracking number instead of just refunding when the complaint was just filed?

4- You don't trust him to not cancel the dispute after receiving the snakes, sometime in the near future because it isn't convenient for you to get them from your supplier sooner, but you have had his money for almost three weeks now and expect him to trust you to send his snakes or a refund after he surrenders his only protection by cancelling the dispute?

I just wan't to be sure of the answer to these questions before I determine who i think is getting screwed here.

Don't take it personal, I know you have a good rep, but there is about 175 pages of another thread that shows people aren't always what they seem.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #148
Chameleon Company
Sam, I know that Aprylla can answer for herself ...

But in reading your questions, basically a summation of the evidence against her with its best possible negative spin, I wanted to add some context. Call it a bit of an opposing spin, before Aprylla answers questions that have all already been answered in detail.

Aprylla has admitted to spending money in her account due to an emergency situation. Once in her account, the legal view is that its her money. Once sent by Shawn, he accepted Aprylla as a creditor. Given extreme situations, she could have sought bankruptcy protections, and Shawn may have lost his money. That whole scenario would stink ethically, but its legal, and her intent was still to send the merchandise. Most opinions here are based on ethics, not legalities, and I know that. But by the same token, they had no TOS for the situation they found themselves in, and quickly lost confidence in each other. By comparison, special order (and pay for via debit card) $450 custom wheels for your car, only to be told a week later that they can no longer get them. You get your refund back in 30 days (or less maybe). The concept of waiting for a refund is accepted business practice, and I'll bet that Aprylla was well within the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) for her state. Ethics are relative, and she was no where near those of the scammer you referenced. Her actions concerning a refund also took a turn once her PayPal account was taken hostage, as she now stood to lose twice, in a worst case scenario, which is the same thing that Shawn was trying to protect against. At this point, neither was extending the other any trust. The bottom line is that we are all looking at the same thing here and have plenty of information on the table to form opinions, and they will differ. Shawn had a deal go not according to plan. Aprylla had two weeks of her life turned on its head. Many have concluded here that while both parties may have made mistakes, or better put, made choices that others here might not have (in hindsight), neither party is bad. And now, the money is destined back to Shawn, quicker than that wheel refund.

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company, LLC

Old 07-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #149
Gecko_Den
Jim, all due respect, save your assumptions about me putting a negative spin on the situation. I asked a few questions, of Aprylla, to make sure that I had a correct understanding of the situation.

The questions I asked are all the info I am interested in, I read the 168 or so posts and to be honest the facts got a bit cloudy with all the explanations and excuses. So if you don't mind, I would like to hear the answers from her.
Thanks.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:36 PM   #150
Chameleon Company
Last time I checked, not all opinions were assumptions. My opinion of your post was as stated and explained. It is not an assumption to say that what is cloudy to you is clear to others, as stated in those 168 or so threads. Maybe you could try a PM to Aprylla? So as to clear away the cloudiness? With all due respect, of course!

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company, LLC

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!