Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - Page 150 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #1491
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
So someone who is a convicted smuggler,scammer, thief,liar,and a fraud should be allowed to post classified ad's here on this website with impunity? Given Garretts trolling/bullying,lieing stealing, one would think members here should speak out against him, I would think its any honest person's duty to whack him with negative karma given the chance. Give me an infraction(s) if necessary,however I think most people would agree with the negative attention Garrett has has generated.
Abuse of the Karma system isn't allowed. The general site policy questions can be addressed on the Feedback forum, here are some links you may find relevant. Let's not let this thread get too far off topic please.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=283253

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=176473

Old 01-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #1492
SobekSerpents
Funny guy...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman11 View Post
Great post's LOL,

1. Lynn, STILL no proof that I ripped anyone off. and $20,000? really?
See the regulars on BOI would normally be questioning you about hearsay and proof.....but since you are now a BOI regular you get a pass? You are trying to speak for other people. Usually thats not allowed. The fact is that YOU were on my DO NOT DEAL WITH LIST 6 month before this BOI. Remember the earless monitors that you wanted from me and called me about? all because he didn't like or could afford my earless monitors????????

2. Chris Proctor. You came off as a guy that needs to toot his own horn, like Lynn. From your first e-mail telling me how you bred them and know this guy or that guy. They were 90% sold when you emailed me with a list of 5 people in front of you. I told you that people were interested them before I got your "ill pick them up" email. Ive been breeding rare reptiles 10+ years on you and many more 1st on you skipper. Anyone can view Australias exporting information, you are not special. lol all because he missed out on buying some frilled dragons?????????

3. Patrick Sterling. Incase anyone was wondering. Thats is 60% you Patrick Sterling posting negative karma and 40% Lynn posting the rest. When someone is obsessed with you it doesn't take long to add up. In fact he's already posted negative karma on todays post. Crank calling my house? Posting fake craigslist adds, leaving negative Karma on every post for a year and a half......because he missed out on buying a gecko??????????

I WOULD AND DO AVOID THESE 3 LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Old 01-30-2017, 07:23 PM   #1493
NathanKS
Since it seems to be a topic currently,

I would be very curious if someone, anyone, can provide me with a telephone/webpage/email message that states exports of an Australian reptile from Australia to either Europe or the US is legal
The last person that I had tell me exports were legal, but difficult, was Mike(Michael) Plank with Big Game Reptiles. Anyone that doesn't know the name can Google it and see why I am so curious.

Naturally, zoological import/export isn't being discussed in this request.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:28 PM   #1494
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanKS View Post
Since it seems to be a topic currently,

I would be very curious if someone, anyone, can provide me with a telephone/webpage/email message that states exports of an Australian reptile from Australia to either Europe or the US is legal
The last person that I had tell me exports were legal, but difficult, was Mike(Michael) Plank with Big Game Reptiles. Anyone that doesn't know the name can Google it and see why I am so curious.

Naturally, zoological import/export isn't being discussed in this request.
Nathan,

You can go to https://trade.cites.org/en/cites_trade/ and see what has been imported exported from all countries.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:30 PM   #1495
snowgyre
Here is the ad Garrett posted on Kingsnake directly claiming he is selling animals "guaranteed purchased from the person that original [spelling error not fixed] exported them out of Australia."

Commentary aside, asking the name of the person who actually exported those animals from Australia is fully relevant to the legality of the animals you are offering for sale. According to the email sent to Chris Proctor from Adrian Coleman of the Nature Protection Branch of Australia, private exports have not occurred in Australia for several decades. Given the animals being offered for sale are not several decades old, understanding their origins and the legality of those origins is of critical importance.

What is the name of the person you are supposedly getting these animals from who got them exported from Australia? Or are you claiming that these animals are from the original lines exported from Australia years ago? If the latter is true, this is false advertising, as all eastern bearded dragons in captivity today are the offspring of those "original" exports from Australia.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2017, 07:54 PM   #1496
Chris Kennard
Any normal person with nothing to hide would not be waisting time trying to pull off "damage control" here if those animals were already sold. Unless of course, to divert the attention away from the legalities of the deal in question. Garrett loves smoke and mirrors. Any honest person would go out of their way to prove his accusers wrong with names and proof of documentation. That won't happen here.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #1497
mgraphix
No Issues with Garrett at all!

I have seen my name being posted a number of times throughout this long thread and now I am finally speaking out. I was trying not to post due to the fact that several instigators involved here keep twisting the words of what anyone posts. That said, I have purchased and worked with Garrett without any issues for several years now. I have NOT been ripped off at all or lost any money, plus have received great animals. I have spent well over $6k in lizards with him and am still working with him. I have a real problem with this thread, in the fact that some people are posting and listing names of others and saying that they were ripped off when they never spoke with the people they are referring to like myself. Garrett has been able to find very rare lizards for some of us and legally handle and import those animals for us. In this business of Reptile importing, permits and processes can take lots of time and that doesn't mean people are getting scammed or ripped off.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #1498
SobekSerpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Any normal person with nothing to hide would not be waisting time trying to pull off "damage control" here if those animals were already sold. Unless of course, to divert the attention away from the legalities of the deal in question. Garrett loves smoke and mirrors. Any honest person would go out of their way to prove his accusers wrong with names and proof of documentation. That won't happen here.
110%, .....

Old 01-30-2017, 08:03 PM   #1499
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman11 View Post

Remember the earless monitors that you wanted from me and called me about? all because he didn't like or could afford my earless monitors????????
Is there anything you won't lie about?

I NEVER wanted earless monitors, when I called you, I asked if you had paperwork on the monitors in question, because a close friend of mine thought he'd like to have a pair, you said "when they're sold, the buyers will get the paperwork" yeah, right, sure they would've.

Think maybe anyone you sold those too, will come forward and tell us all about the paperwork they received with their earless monitors, or are the monitor's like the uro's, they didn't come in either......

Show proof you didn't scam several out of 20K, let's have the people that were named in this thread, come forward, and tell us all about what a great guy you are, and you didn't scam them....

Can't stress it enough, AVOID Garrett Smith like the PLAGUE, he CAN'T be TRUSTED, PERIOD!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #1500
dieselfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraphix View Post
I have seen my name being posted a number of times throughout this long thread and now I am finally speaking out. I was trying not to post due to the fact that several instigators involved here keep twisting the words of what anyone posts. That said, I have purchased and worked with Garrett without any issues for several years now. I have NOT been ripped off at all or lost any money, plus have received great animals. I have spent well over $6k in lizards with him and am still working with him. I have a real problem with this thread, in the fact that some people are posting and listing names of others and saying that they were ripped off when they never spoke with the people they are referring to like myself. Garrett has been able to find very rare lizards for some of us and legally handle and import those animals for us. In this business of Reptile importing, permits and processes can take lots of time and that doesn't mean people are getting scammed or ripped off.
Summed up... The words of a victim who came forward to close friends who are big names in the industry after she got scammed by Garrett..Sat by as countless others got scammed and did/said nothing. Whinned and complained behind the scenes for almost a year and then finally got what she was paid for. Wow, good for you Maria! What about the half dozen plus other people who gave gave Garrett money over a year ago, have been lied to, threatened and bullied into submission and have yet to receive anything? We get it... You only speak for yourself and your experience. Glad to hear things worked out for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!