Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 157 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #1561
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I have had many conversations with Gerry the last few weeks and I would have been willing to stick my own neck out and support him and reptster if David was removed and Gerry received what he asked for in the takeover. I don't offer my support frequently or lightly.

As I'm sure Kelly can tell you he was trying to help with her situation from the beginning. He has been trying to help with the banner return to BT and Larry.
He has been trying to help return the funds to the customers that received nothing. All from someone who has no control over the actual shipping activities, software or funds.

He was very upfront with his posts and in my conversations with him that full disclosure of contracts and getting everyone taken care of ASAP if he were take the site over. Nothing hidden from the public. I believe him to be an honest, trusting person that was mislead and then taken advantage of.
I totally agree! I've known Gerry, (NOT KNOWN HIM JUST FORUM KNOWN HIM) For a few years now. I would Never hold any of this crap against him or his name. What ever happens here its all about David. Not Gerry! And I'll support Gerry in anything he does until he proves other wise. Which I highly doubt will ever happen...

Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #1562
critical bill
The name Repster is dead, but the concept of the service behind the name is very much alive. Lots of folks still want this service and need this service. The only thing that would be worth anything about buying Repster is the client list. Start fresh with a new name and offer those clients a fair shake on shipping and you're going to make some money.

The service idea shouldn't be abandoned, just the name. Its burned into too many peoples brains as something associated with things gone wrong.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #1563
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs View Post
I totally agree! I've known Gerry, (NOT KNOWN HIM JUST FORUM KNOWN HIM) For a few years now. I would Never hold any of this crap against him or his name. What ever happens here its all about David. Not Gerry! And I'll support Gerry in anything he does until he proves other wise. Which I highly doubt will ever happen...
Could not have said it better myself. Gerry and I go back at least 3 or 4 years via different forums and he has never been anything but an upstanding guy. I felt really bad for him getting caught in the middle of this.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 AM   #1564
TrulyRare
wow, this thread is still going...and I've noticed I haven't seen the Repster name that much either, since this..started...

Old 11-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #1565
norsmis
Gerry definitely did the right thing by running for the hills. I cant blame him for that at all as I would have to cut ties with David too! And everyone is right about the Reptster name; anything associated with that name will always recall this nightmare....

Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #1566
deborahbroadus
Quote:
I have had many conversations with Gerry the last few weeks and I would have been willing to stick my own neck out and support him and reptster if David was removed and Gerry received what he asked for in the takeover. I don't offer my support frequently or lightly.

As I'm sure Kelly can tell you he was trying to help with her situation from the beginning. He has been trying to help with the banner return to BT and Larry.
He has been trying to help return the funds to the customers that received nothing. All from someone who has no control over the actual shipping activities, software or funds.

He was very upfront with his posts and in my conversations with him that full disclosure of contracts and getting everyone taken care of ASAP if he were take the site over. Nothing hidden from the public. I believe him to be an honest, trusting person that was mislead and then taken advantage of.

Good for you.

I, personally, do not offer blanket approvals of people that I have met online and are not in my immediate circle of friends, so that I personally know them and what they are capable of.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #1567
JudyC
Quote:

I'm sorry for the poor wording of my post. I don't have anything against Gerry, and from what I've seen, he has done everything humanly possible to make this work and help people out. I wish nothing but the best for him.

It's a shame that David screwed people that were SO willing to go so far to help and support him. The real treasure is friends like that....and David threw it all away for something as common as money.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #1568
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Good for you.

I, personally, do not offer blanket approvals of people that I have met online and are not in my immediate circle of friends, so that I personally know them and what they are capable of.

Was nothing "blanket" about it. It was very specific based on what would be given to the customers and full disclosure of the business. A blanket statement would be like the one you made to condemn everyone associated with reptster regardless of the knowledge you lack of what they where trying to accomplish or what they actually knew.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #1569
DJSlurp1200
While I have already mentioned on another site that I have stepped down from moderating on Reptster a while ago I would just like to make it known here as well so that EVERYONE knows that I no longer have any affiliation or connection with David or Reptster.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anybody or came off like an ass in my posts on this thread. When I first met David I really thought he was a level headed guy like most did before things started "popping up" when the first situation with the Kordek's first came about I took his word and gave him the benefit of the doubt and even posted in defense of him and the site. I was wrong, I should never have posted on the thread to begin with considering it was not my situation from the start. However I, just like many others really believed in the idea, the concept and the site itself...

Just like anyone else that believes in something... I was ready to fight for it anyway I could and ended up let down and very dissapointed with the way he had handled things or should I say.... Lack of handling things??

Obviously I can't go back and change what was said or posted... all I can do is continue to love my hobby and have fun working with the animal's we've been so fortuneate to have. I have recently spoke to Kelly and apologized to her and Matt for my posts and wished her the best with her season and upcoming shows... She does seem like a very nice person from our exchanges of PM's and I am happy to say that we have moved on from this in a positive direction.

I'm really saddened to have to see the way things have gone and know that all of this could have been prevented... If David would have communicated and taken action rather than just sit back and let things get to this point. He had a great group of supporters & customers and he has really just thrown it all away...

I can assure you Gerry WILL NOT be taking over Reptster and is 100% done as well as he himself has posted... He has done a great job answering questions and trying to help the users and community know what has been going on to the best of his knowledge as he believed in the idea and concept like alot of other people. I've known Gerry now for about 3yrs and I will back him up as one of my best friends and as one of the best people in the hobby anyone could ever work with or ask for...

This will be my last post in regards to anything related to Reptster or David Young...

Sincerley,

Steven Kelley

Old 11-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #1570
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200 View Post
While I have already mentioned on another site that I have stepped down from moderating on Reptster a while ago I would just like to make it known here as well so that EVERYONE knows that I no longer have any affiliation or connection with David or Reptster.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anybody or came off like an ass in my posts on this thread. When I first met David I really thought he was a level headed guy like most did before things started "popping up" when the first situation with the Kordek's first came about I took his word and gave him the benefit of the doubt and even posted in defense of him and the site. I was wrong, I should never have posted on the thread to begin with considering it was not my situation from the start. However I, just like many others really believed in the idea, the concept and the site itself...

Just like anyone else that believes in something... I was ready to fight for it anyway I could and ended up let down and very dissapointed with the way he had handled things or should I say.... Lack of handling things??

Obviously I can't go back and change what was said or posted... all I can do is continue to love my hobby and have fun working with the animal's we've been so fortuneate to have. I have recently spoke to Kelly and apologized to her and Matt for my posts and wished her the best with her season and upcoming shows... She does seem like a very nice person from our exchanges of PM's and I am happy to say that we have moved on from this in a positive direction.

I'm really saddened to have to see the way things have gone and know that all of this could have been prevented... If David would have communicated and taken action rather than just sit back and let things get to this point. He had a great group of supporters & customers and he has really just thrown it all away...

I can assure you Gerry WILL NOT be taking over Reptster and is 100% done as well as he himself has posted... He has done a great job answering questions and trying to help the users and community know what has been going on to the best of his knowledge as he believed in the idea and concept like alot of other people. I've known Gerry now for about 3yrs and I will back him up as one of my best friends and as one of the best people in the hobby anyone could ever work with or ask for...

This will be my last post in regards to anything related to Reptster or David Young...

Sincerley,

Steven Kelley
You're not a fortune teller. I think its a shame that you were manipulated and taken advantage of as a friend, but you live and you learn. If you had a few days to spare I'd tell about all the mistakes that I've made. I think that can go for all of us.

Good Luck to you in the future....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster