Bad Guy Dav Kaufman - Beware - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #151
45lcrevolver
So is that how you sell your animals? "Well it looks like it is so ill sell it like it is"????? All Hets look a like but you still have to guarantee that what you sell is carrying the gene you claim, period. Do you sell hets then when they don't prove out you tell your customer... Well it looked like a het?

Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #152
45lcrevolver
Originally Posted by Dan Krull View Post
If the snake "looked like a leopard" as the op stated, and it was convincing enough to convince three ball python breeders, including the buyer who was so convinced that he spent 1500 dollars on it, I would suggest that no one is at fault. Whenever we buy something, we must take on a certain amount of risk. It appears to be a leopard. Case closed. As I understand it, the leopard gene is thought to be dominant, and can be a little hard to pin down. You aren't dealing with a guaranteed allele like albinism where you can be 100% certain of the genetics. If the breeder bred a leopard which was carrying one copy of that allele, then you would expect 1/2 of the clutch, statistically, to be visual leopards. If one of those offspring "looked like a leopard" then there is absolutely nothing unethical about selling it as one. If it turned out not to be, as is claimed, that would be an unfortunate coincidence, not a misrepresentation.

Response^^^^^^^

Old 09-17-2015, 06:28 PM   #153
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmansfi View Post
But a court would apply some logical reasoning to the case. They'd have to; how else would they arrive at a conclusion? People get awarded pain and suffering all the time and most of the time those numbers are pulled out of thin air.
No. There are studies, evidence to be presented, experts to be called (and paid).
And once this path is chosen, sometimes there is a lesser award, and sometimes the costs involved can decimate any award given.
I don't think the path of extras to be piled on is always fruitful. As I pointed out, it is a process, and that process can be long and expensive.

Here, the peer pressure to settle is high, and very public. A rapid, reasonable settlement might be a more productive idea.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #154
CwnAnnwn
All the speculation aside, Mr Foster just wants his money back. He does not seem to want anything extra.

So...

Mr Kaufman, or who ever is watching the thread for him.

The last offer I saw going.

Mr. Kaufman would pay Mr Foster 1,545 dollars plus return shipping and insurance.

Mr. Foster would return the python bought from Mr Kaufman as soon as it can be done safely. Remember we have an innocent python in this.

That is the latest deal.

I am sure we can get Mr. Foster to agree to the terms, if Mr Kaufman would agree.

Mr Kaufman the ball is in your court.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #155
Randy F
You know I just remembered something today. After seeing the original ad one thing stuck out. When we made the deal he talked about helpers 3 because he was suppose to include a copy of herpers and herpers 2 with the snake. When we talked a year ago I mentioned that I did not get any leopards much like the herpers dvd's. Now I cannot say that I remember him saying that's where the money was going, but I also cannot see why else we would have talked about it? I talk to many people about snakes and do not talk about anything else other than what I am talking to them about.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #156
Randy F
Where people are asking for who the original breeder was, it's completely irrelevant now. This has gone on for 3 weeks as of tomorrow. He has had enough time to come up with the response he did. He can ask his mom for all we know to be this "phantom" breeder to say that it was a leopard x leopard breeding so it's a super leopard and since all my clutches have been to chihuahua's and I have not made a yapping snake that's good in street tacos I am mad!

As for all the inconsistency in the story of whose it was and where the money all went I have concluded it to one word "lie." I still hope that he honestly did not know what it was, but it sure has a lot of pattern in common with his pied in the only pictures of his snakes in that one link.

If he has been in this industry for 20 years he would technically made a life out of it. When you put that dedication to something you either really truely love it or just found a way to not get a job. The people who truely love something are very passionate about it. I am very fortunate enough to call Brian Barczyk my friend, and when he talks about snakes he lights up like a little kid. These snakes cost approximately $100 each to take care of for a year. This means if a male sires 4 clutches then each clutch break even point is $125. Anyone that truely loves the industry to make it their life would know this and want it to be enjoyable for everyone. This type person would bend over backwards to help and takes the animals before money. This person would replace a dissatisfied customer with a snake they have, and already hit the break even amount by 3 times.

So reading everyone's solution as what he should do only has two flaws

1) if he was going to do anything he already would have.
2) why would he give me anything now since after all I have done to him?

I have another option that will completely settle it done, finished, over and show the world if Dav Kaufman is a true herper or just loves money. Unfortunately someone just pulled up to look at some snakes and get my old display cases. I will be back shortly and throw it out there.........to be continued

Old 09-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #157
CwnAnnwn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post

I have another option that will completely settle it done, finished, over and show the world if Dav Kaufman is a true herper or just loves money. Unfortunately someone just pulled up to look at some snakes and get my old display cases. I will be back shortly and throw it out there.........to be continued

But Mr Foster, we all have learned who does it for the love of snake and the hobby, and who does it for the money.

I don't do pythons, I am a boa person. I am a locality boa person (peruvian long tails, peruvian rainbow...ect). I keep them because I love them.

But if I was to buy a python tomorrow, you would be one of the first people I would shop at, because in this thread, you show you loved your animals more then money. When you where faced with the same problem. You handed over the money and you handed over another snake to make up for it. The money was never in consideration. Only the health of the animal and the happiness of your customer.

Mr Kaufman has shown the ugly horrible part of this hobby. The ones that will only be in this hobby for the money. And this thread showed everyone which person to buy from. You have made customers today.

Old 09-17-2015, 09:59 PM   #158
Randy F
ok back.....sorry get started talking about snakes and I lose time! Might have help with a website finally though.

So we are talking about $1545 here to be paid back by Dav Kaufman for the missing main gene in this snake. Here is the break down of my offer to put Dav back in good standing with this community and prove what he is in it for. This does involve people here though so pay attention

First Dav is to pay Fauna classifieds $545 to further help fund this site so all can enjoy it. This money will help Rich keep it up and add enhancements to it. As much as I would like to nudge Rich to make me an endowment member for my "Contribution" I would only ask that he atleast give me karma.....never had karma from the big man! Closest was having April slap my pee pee once....it was worth it

Second Dav make a $1000 donation to USARK in the name of fauna classifieds so that it will help them further the support of fighting to keep our rights to keep, enjoy, and love our animals. Rich will be able to take the $1000 donation tax credit.....because the big man gave me karma

Third I am keeping the snake that I have housed, fed, and paid for, not getting a single cent for the missing main gene.

I do know that is a bit demanding of me but all I can say is F**K IT! I am here for my animals, I coach little league to be a positive role model for my son, I will work for my money.....Dav, what are you here for buddy? When should Rich expect the credit card?

also, I do want it known that from my last post.....no chihuahua's were hurt in the breeding with the snake

Old 09-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #159
Randy F
oh sorry.....does anyone have facebook and the other places he sells snakes and looks at to let him know on there that this is on the table here?

Old 09-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #160
ORTALLERICO
This is such a great deal! Mr. Kaufman we will wait on you, let's see if you really are in it for the love of reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!