Bad Guy Manny Frade of Prefect Predators - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #151
jendee
I have been in the business for a longtime past four yrs. Im a very forgiving trusting person. Im the type of person that would bring a homeless drug addict home lol I don't judge people by there mistakes/past because everyone has ups and downs. and everyone has a story to tell. but having said that I would never give a homeless person cash, or trust them with my jewelry box lol and thats kinda what I did with manny and I shouldn't have. I only asked one person if I should do the deal, and he told me no hes no good. I never search the boi or did any other research and that's where my inexperience with doing loans has cost me.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #152
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBurgos View Post
I was laughing about how screwed up our system is and how for every four people that choose not to buy from Manny on this thread there will be four more people who will.
Your probably correct, but as a business man I would assume he would rather have 8 sales then 4. How many people seen this thread or will & not to do business now with Manny without mentioning it. No one likes losing money no matter the amount & the folks spending large sums usually do there research.

Quote:
There are many who are happy with dealing with Manny and will continue to deal with him. As I stated previously, this guy probably pairs up projects by the dozens to hundreds per season. Not to mention people come in and out of the boa hobby every season.
A lot of business close down every season too. Do I think Manny's close? Probably not in the near future, but possible sooner if he continue to lose customers.

Quote:
If all he had were one or two pairings per season like many of us, I can see how a bad BOI or a bad experience with Jendee would affect his sales and his small business. I am of the opinion that this BOI and the others posted on him won’t stop him from thriving as a business.
You could again be right, but I think your under estimating the amount of people who take part in sites like or similar to fauna. These sites are a great part of why Manny's business is as strong as it may be currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendee View Post
I have been in the business for a longtime past four yrs. Im a very forgiving trusting person. Im the type of person that would bring a homeless drug addict home lol I don't judge people by there mistakes/past because everyone has ups and downs.
It's okay to be forgiving & trusting but don't set yourself up to get screwed. It's not a mistake if the actions are repeated. I'm sure you learned something from this experience & hopefully will never end up in the same position.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #153
tommyhil4_6
I didn't want to further my responses, but I must clarify some sense of responsibility for people "purchasing" via online photo.

A) Photos sell, we know this.
B) It is our responsibility as a consumer to ask for the most updated information, as well as photos of said animals (current)
C) BOTH of the high end animals I received from Manny are outstanding representations. One was not listed on PP site (Anery IMG) and the "paraglow pos het anery" is a general image. "I" requested UPDATED, current cell photos of BOTH snakes. I received both in their CURRENT state, not using a d60, d70,80,90 d1000000000... Cameras, when of quality, can make nice things look much better. We all know this.

I will admit that BOTH the Anery IMG AND the Paraglow 66% Anery came and are outstanding. My Anery IMG is often said to be one of the absolute best representations of the animal on the market (especially at just over 2 years old). The animals are DIRECTLY indicative of the photos "I" requested.

Jendee: He has already stated he is sending your snake for a vet quarantine, bill of health etc. to avoid any potential "issues" that may arise from his return (This is wise as "hell hath no wrath like a woman's scorn).

It has been stated "IF" your boy did in fact get the deed done, you will still indeed receive a 1.1 of that breeding. A swell, doesn't mean squat, biology is biology. There is no guarantee.

The saddest part of this whole scenario where blame is SPLIT between BOTH of you.... not only has this become an effort and "smear" campaign on your part against Manny (which is a personal choice, so be it), even Dan G. stated you are a person he wouldn't want to deal with (although he has come to bat with valid concerns throughout this thread). The vindictive nature is not indicative of someone many people would want to do business with... so yes, while you've hurt Manny to a degree and his rep. You damaged yours as well, with some of the attitude, antics, postings and like. Same with the previous breeder loan BOI post.

I understand emotions run high on both sides. I understand you act passionately, but at times it is a detriment to garner "support", especially from the very male ridden hobby. Emotions can be hard. It's admitted (i've been there too, believe me I get it). That was why I said everyone needs to pull those emotions back, take a step back, a walk around the block and come back in a coherent manner to ALLEVIATE the issue.

Both sides could of handled this a million times better and I hope in the end a satisfactory resolution is made. Again take a step back, read these for the words that are written. This is not a "degrading" post towards you OR Manny.

This is a good lesson to be learned by any who read this. The goal at this point should not be vindictive, but to be tolerable to get a resolution. Same goes with Manny. 2 vindictive "wrongs" do NOT make a right. I have a feeling you'll get your snake in perfect health and can pair him up with the female you have for him. That is my hope at least.

-Cheers.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #154
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhil4_6 View Post
B) It is our responsibility as a consumer to ask for the most updated information, as well as photos of said animals (current)

What?

I'm misunderstanding you I hope. Are you saying that if one sees a current ad and is interested in the critter, it is one's responsibility to ask if the picture really represents the critter being sold?

Old 01-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #155
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
What?

I'm misunderstanding you I hope. Are you saying that if one sees a current ad and is interested in the critter, it is one's responsibility to ask if the picture really represents the critter being sold?
I absolutely believe it is the persons responsibility to make the final decision. Going solely from "one photograph" that is seemingly amazing is foolish IMHO.

The paraglow I received, DID look like the picture posted (on the PP main page), but to insure I would be satisfied I asked for additional photos.

I have purchased over 70 animals in 8 months. I ask for updated photos of EVERY SINGLE ONE... be it a Hytec het T or a pos het VPI anery. High end, to low end. I want current snapped photos of that snake, THAT day.

Anyone with a point and shoot camera will never do the quality work that professionally trained/photographers can do.

"IF" people would ask for these photos, potential issues are alleviated.

I did see photos a customer of Manny recently posted, and the female he received was even BETTER in person. I will admit, the one Sarah received was less then equivalent to the site photo provided, definitely.

Instead of gambling on one photo, why not ask for more? Logic escapes me honestly, but then again even as Sarah stated, for a 150 something dollars that's a great deal on that boa, even given the fact it wasn't a direct representation.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #156
tommyhil4_6
No flash, cell photo.

Random shot, this was with an EOS I believe? Canon? Can't remember what I grabbed. Flash is obvious.

Both of these animals, were exactly as in the pictures I was given (both in person are actually MUCH better).

I am just saying, that a sense of responsibility DOES rest to a point on the consumer. I run 4 businesses.... I am sick of people always blaming the "business", for them taking absolutely no measures to insure they get EXACTLY what they want. Then again, it is America... Always easier to blame then accept any responsibility. I wouldn't expect any "non-business" owner to truly understand from my perspective. That's all good.

My word of advice in buying boas for anyone reading, GET MULTIPLE PHOTOS... Cell phones are typically the best representation... and base your decision from those. To each their own .

Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #157
jendee
Quote:
I didn't want to further my responses, but I must clarify some sense of responsibility for people "purchasing" via online photo.

A) Photos sell, we know this.
C) BOTH of the high end animals I received from Manny are outstanding representations. One was not listed on PP site (Anery IMG) and the "paraglow pos het anery" is a general image. "I" requested UPDATED, current cell photos of BOTH snakes. I received both in their CURRENT state, not using a d60, d70,80,90 d1000000000... Cameras, when of quality, can make nice things look much better. We all know this.

I will admit that BOTH the Anery IMG AND the Paraglow 66% Anery came and are outstanding. My Anery IMG is often said to be one of the absolute best representations of the animal on the market (especially at just over 2 years old). The animals are DIRECTLY indicative of the photos "I" requested.

Jendee: He has already stated he is sending your snake for a vet quarantine, bill of health etc. to avoid any potential "issues" that may arise from his return (This is wise as "hell hath no wrath like a woman's scorn).

It has been stated "IF" your boy did in fact get the deed done, you will still indeed receive a 1.1 of that breeding. A swell, doesn't mean squat, biology is biology. There is no guarantee.

The saddest part of this whole scenario where blame is SPLIT between BOTH of you.... not only has this become an effort and "smear" campaign on your part against Manny (which is a personal choice, so be it), even Dan G. stated you are a person he wouldn't want to deal with (although he has come to bat with valid concerns throughout this thread). The vindictive nature is not indicative of someone many people would want to do business with... so yes, while you've hurt Manny to a degree and his rep. You damaged yours as well, with some of the attitude, antics, postings and like. Same with the previous breeder loan BOI post.

I understand emotions run high on both sides. I understand you act passionately, but at times it is a detriment to garner "support", especially from the very male ridden hobby. Emotions can be hard. It's admitted (i've been there too, believe me I get it). That was why I said everyone needs to pull those emotions back, take a step back, a walk around the block and come back in a coherent manner to ALLEVIATE the issue.

Both sides could of handled this a million times better and I hope in the end a satisfactory resolution is made. Again take a step back, read these for the words that are written. This is not a "degrading" post towards you OR Manny.

This is a good lesson to be learned by any who read this. The goal at this point should not be vindictive, but to be tolerable to get a resolution. Same goes with Manny. 2 vindictive "wrongs" do NOT make a right. I have a feeling you'll get your snake in perfect health and can pair him up with the female you have for him. That is my hope at least.

-Cheers.
Im not being vindictive, Im sure it does come off that way. Me and him couldn't come to an agreement and had been arguing for weeks. So I came here for help with our disagreement. And to put out there what exactly has went down.
I have stated numerous times in this thread that I know this will hurt me as well as him. Im just a hobbiest, I don't have a business. Im not a boa breeder. I don't have any females for that boa. Ive had 1 litter ever!! I have no intentions at all but to be done with this nightmare of an experince. Im not bothered by people saying they wont do business with me, this is not my income!! People can think what they want. Ive gained a lot of people in this process as well..its whatever! I know that this is frowned upon which is why manny still has people that like him because they don't know all the hidden stories that people wont post due to exactly that.(what Im going through) Im not a person to hide behind a rock because Im worried what people will think of me. I have been lied to for 16 months and I got sick of the lies. Nothing manny has ever said to me or to anybody about this has been true and I have proven that over and over! If you don't see that you have clearly not thoroughly read everything posted. Or you clearly think its ok to be dishonest in life.
I don't doubt I will get my snake in good health, manny is dishonest not dumb! I will be very relieved to get a vet certificate, but he is clearly doing it to perceive as though he is in the right and try to make me look like some evil person that will make up stories to make him look bad. But its very clear in this thread NOTHING was ever made up on my side.
I guarantee I will never receive babies from manny regardless of the out come of him having my male for 16 months now. And if I do breed him next season which I doubt bc the jungle I picked out for him is still too young (I like mine to be around 5 before I breed). I bet money that he will be a stud and get the job done, and that will answer all my suspicions about what exactly has been going on!

Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #158
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
I absolutely believe it is the persons responsibility to make the final decision. Going solely from "one photograph" that is seemingly amazing is foolish IMHO.

The paraglow I received, DID look like the picture posted (on the PP main page), but to insure I would be satisfied I asked for additional photos.

I have purchased over 70 animals in 8 months. I ask for updated photos of EVERY SINGLE ONE... be it a Hytec het T or a pos het VPI anery. High end, to low end. I want current snapped photos of that snake, THAT day.

Anyone with a point and shoot camera will never do the quality work that professionally trained/photographers can do.

"IF" people would ask for these photos, potential issues are alleviated.

I did see photos a customer of Manny recently posted, and the female he received was even BETTER in person. I will admit, the one Sarah received was less then equivalent to the site photo provided, definitely.

Instead of gambling on one photo, why not ask for more? Logic escapes me honestly, but then again even as Sarah stated, for a 150 something dollars that's a great deal on that boa, even given the fact it wasn't a direct representation.
There were three photos of the animal in the ad, I only posted one because the other two showed the same level of color in the animal, so it felt redundant to post the others. The ad is still up, you can see it (with the other pictures) here:

https://perfectpredators.3dcartstore...ale_p_205.html

Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #159
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendee View Post
Im not being vindictive, Im sure it does come off that way. Me and him couldn't come to an agreement and had been arguing for weeks. So I came here for help with our disagreement. And to put out there what exactly has went down.
I have stated numerous times in this thread that I know this will hurt me as well as him. Im just a hobbiest, I don't have a business. Im not a boa breeder. I don't have any females for that boa. Ive had 1 litter ever!! I have no intentions at all but to be done with this nightmare of an experince. Im not bothered by people saying they wont do business with me, this is not my income!! People can think what they want. Ive gained a lot of people in this process as well..its whatever! I know that this is frowned upon which is why manny still has people that like him because they don't know all the hidden stories that people wont post due to exactly that.(what Im going through) Im not a person to hide behind a rock because Im worried what people will think of me. I have been lied to for 16 months and I got sick of the lies. Nothing manny has ever said to me or to anybody about this has been true and I have proven that over and over! If you don't see that you have clearly not thoroughly read everything posted. Or you clearly think its ok to be dishonest in life.
I don't doubt I will get my snake in good health, manny is dishonest not dumb! I will be very relieved to get a vet certificate, but he is clearly doing it to perceive as though he is in the right and try to make me look like some evil person that will make up stories to make him look bad. But its very clear in this thread NOTHING was ever made up on my side.
I guarantee I will never receive babies from manny regardless of the out come of him having my male for 16 months now. And if I do breed him next season which I doubt bc the jungle I picked out for him is still too young (I like mine to be around 5 before I breed). I bet money that he will be a stud and get the job done, and that will answer all my suspicions about what exactly has been going on!
I think the vet idea is more reliant on the idea of the previous loan and the way that BOI went. It's a safety measure for both involved. Which, is good!

One good scenario is you did indeed receive at least some FORM of compensation. That VPI t+, which you turned into 900.00 cash (regardless where that went, obviously to another from Mike W. that was your choice).

Heck, if I could get my "extras" (which I have numerous lol) out on loans for a grand i'd do it. Since the female you have for him isn't ready anyway.

The main issue would be the males production. IF he indeed does produce, you are absolutely deserved that 1.1 Guess we'll see when litters pop if he did.

Please don't be naive as well. My background is Biochemistry and there is NO guarantee in biology. To assure that he will "stud" without actually doing so is counting those chickens before they hatch. I definitely hope he does, he is a great animal for sure.

At this point, all I am saying is find some of that honey (if needed to get YOUR animal back? That's the most important right?).

You've achieved your goal for public exposure. Now the VET QT and when litters pop (if he did succeed) the whole deal can be culminated. If so, ultimately will be a good 6-7k back to you (which was your term of 1.1). Blows my mind anyone wouldn't say 50/50 on the potential female(s) he would be paired with. Although that does show a lack of "greediness" on your part, which is good.

Hopes alls well that ends well.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #160
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowkazoo View Post
There were three photos of the animal in the ad, I only posted one because the other two showed the same level of color in the animal, so it felt redundant to post the others. The ad is still up, you can see it (with the other pictures) here:

https://perfectpredators.3dcartstore...ale_p_205.html
There are always multiple photos of animals on PP, but from the several animals i've seen (and received myself, majority of them were as good as the photos). (Honestly, anyone who sees those photos should know they are more "professional" then not).

You know me personally and i'm a big buyer, so maybe it's just a personal trait/tactic of mine to get multiple photos in different lighting and positions etc.

All i'm trying to pass on to other potential buyers reading this is to ask for more photos, regardless of how many are posted of the animals. It's just another way to protect your investment.

If i'm droppping 200/500/1k or 10k on an animal it better be exactly what I want.

Now i'm off to go look for a Squaretail to buy. One of few I don't have at this point lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!