Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #151
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyblep View Post
I think all of us as buyers need to be responsible buyers when it comes to het animals and only buy animals with a photo genetic guarantee. If we all did this then everyone will have no choice but to make paperwork up. Hopefully we could eventually make the genetic paperwork an industry standard which I myself feel it should be. Paul Wyble @ Steel City Exotics
Paper work can be manipulated, and fabricated. Its really just a feel good measure. That being said, I do like paperwok on my hets, just so i do feel good.

The reason no paper work was invovled is because all parties knew each other and have done good business before.

Would it have made claims more concrete? Sure would. But Brian did acknowledge the problem and agreed to fix it. There fore he should do so in a timely. U dont return sumthin to walmart and have to wait six months to a year to get ur money do u?

Old 11-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #152
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
U dont return sumthin to walmart and have to wait six months to a year to get ur money do u?
That question wasnt meant towards u at all wyblep, just a general food for thought question.

Wanted to make sure u knew that.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #153
wyblep
I totally understand that paperwork can be forged and manipulated. That is why I keep a copy of all my paperwork on hets that I have sold. Lets face it plans change all the time and even though we buy animals with the intent of keeping and breeding them sometimes we need to sale them for whatever reason.

Just because we bought them does not mean we should be stuck with them until they prove out. That’s where genetic guarantees come into play. You sale a het the new buyer can call the breeder and send a copy of the guarantee with the photo of the animal and the breeder can verify that this is the correct animal so everyone involved is now protected.

I actually caught a guy selling a pair of het axanthics with fake paperwork with my name on it. He purchased a pair of hets from me and sold them to a guy in Texas and that guy contacted me to confirm that they were in fact the same animals which I was able to confirm because I had a copy of the paperwork.

Then I was doing a deal with a young lady in Florida and she said she had a package coming in that same day which contained a pair of hets that were produced by me. I immediately asked who she got them from and asked her to send me a scanned copy of the paperwork which I obviously saw was fraudulent. I then helped her get a refund for the animals by driving up to Erie where the original purchaser had a pet store. Took a little leg work But I got this lady her 950.00 back and protected my name in this business.

So yes I feel we all need to work on making this an industry standard. Paul Wyble @ Steel City Exotics.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #154
Casey Hulse
If there is a possibility of
A. the hypo gene is not compatible with the females hypo gene or
B. the male needs to be bred to a visual to determine if it is a het,
then Brian should not have to compensate anyone, YET.
Brian accepted responsibility for the outcome of the breedings and offered compensation, perhaps he reflected further and has changed his mind?
His failure to address this issue with the OP is what is troubling to me.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #155
JMartin
I haven't read the entire thread word-for-word, but should the female hets be in question too? If even one of the females was questionable, then that would bring the egg count down, and put the "bad odds" theory back in play. Just a question to think about....

Old 11-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #156
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
If there is a possibility of
A. the hypo gene is not compatible with the females hypo gene or
B. the male needs to be bred to a visual to determine if it is a het,
then Brian should not have to compensate anyone, YET.
Brian accepted responsibility for the outcome of the breedings and offered compensation, perhaps he reflected further and has changed his mind?
His failure to address this issue with the OP is what is troubling to me.
Agreed.

Compatibilty is an issue as well as not being bred to a visual. I personally would have done some visual breedings myself.

But Brian did say he'd make it right, so therefore he should. I didnt happen to get an answer from the OP about contact being made between them since this thread was posted.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #157
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Buying a het is absolutely a gamble.Especially when you try to breed it to other hets.How does the OP know if the females are in fact, hets? Breeding any animal is a gamble.Buying a live commodity of any type is a gamble.There is an inherent risk involved in anything involving the captive breeding of any animal.Things die, things don't get along,morphs can be incompatible.When you take a chance and things don't work out you gambled and lost. If you want a sure bet buy the morph itself and not a het.

How does the original poster know that the females this "het" bred are also 100% het? Brian may have said he would take care of the OP but he absolutely has the right to change his mind if he thought back about it and came to the conclusion that he wasn't responsible or it was an unreasonable request.

There is still no definitive proof that this is the original snake or that it is not a het.No real definitive proof whatsoever.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #158
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
Buying a het is absolutely a gamble.Especially when you try to breed it to other hets.How does the OP know if the females are in fact, hets? Breeding any animal is a gamble.Buying a live commodity of any type is a gamble.There is an inherent risk involved in anything involving the captive breeding of any animal.Things die, things don't get along,morphs can be incompatible.When you take a chance and things don't work out you gambled and lost. If you want a sure bet buy the morph itself and not a het.

How does the original poster know that the females this "het" bred are also 100% het? Brian may have said he would take care of the OP but he absolutely has the right to change his mind if he thought back about it and came to the conclusion that he wasn't responsible or it was an unreasonable request.

There is still no definitive proof that this is the original snake or that it is not a het.No real definitive proof whatsoever.

Im sure David is intelligent enough to make sure his animals carry ghost genes before posting up on here. Theres the possibility that hes produced visuals from these girls before or he produced these girls himself. Someone did mention that these girl were big girls, and big girls are rarely virgins. Yes that is an assumption on my part.

Come on, do u think a guy whose been on this site since 2003 would post this thread if he wasnt sure about his own hets? I think he knows how things go in the BOI.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #159
David Scarboro
Wink

Quote:
Unfortunately for Brian he assumed liability and entered into an agreement to rectify this situation.I feel he should have thought about that before making a decision. I personally wouldn't have given anything. I have always thought hets of any kind were a gamble.And sometimes when you gamble you lose.I also feel hets are the cheapo way to get into projects.Everyone wants a huge guaranteed return on a little investment(relatively speaking). How does everyone know the females are actually 100% hets if they have never been proven? Its a gamble,suck it up and move on. Even in a court of law ,recognizing Brian entered into an agreement.He has the legal right to change his mind.If the judge were to feel that he had no liability in the first place or your amount was unreasonable you would lose. I know everyone feels friends and family can't betray you but there is no real proof that your male came from brian and you would have to prove that. Not every investment yields areturn and if you sold the snake you have been compensated already.Furthermore, the value depreciates.To me this whole thing just seems a little rediculous.

Note to self, NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #160
rcpreis3
Quote:

And no he does not have the right to change his mind. A man is only as good as his word. Ifs it ok to change his mind on this matter, then would it be ok for u to reserve an animal from him, and when someone offers a better price he tells u get boned?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!