A Study on Those Who Keep Snakes... sort of - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #151
4pointreptiles
What snakes do you own?: 1.2 Argentine Boas, 1.1 Red Tail Boas, 3.1 Ball Pythons, 2.2 Kenyan Sand Boas, 1.1 Borneo Short Tail Pythons, 1.0 Pure Jungle Carpet Python
Why do you keep snakes?: My boyfriend and I are going to get into breeding, plus I love having them as pets.
What other animals do you have?: 1.0 Cur Dogs, 0.0.1 Green Cheek Conure, 1.0 Rabbit, SAlt Water Tank, Horses
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Horseback riding
Anything else to add?: I am a very small stature and I own a 7ft, 17.5lb Argentine Boa. I must say it is very funny to see me carrying her
(Optional) Picture:

Old 05-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #152
Amarillo
Occupationeli worker at shoprite
What snakes do you own?:3 red tail boas, 2 ball pythons, 2 carpet pythons, 1 bredli python, and one corn snake
Why do you keep snakes?:Just incredible animals to me and they are beautiful to look at
What other animals do you have?:Sulcata Tortoise, B+W Tegu, bearded dragon, Green iguana and a kitten
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:Hiking, fishing, boating, anything outdoors really oh and line dancing
Anything else to add?:Glad people are doing this i try all the time to change peoples opinions
(Optional) Picture:

Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #153
carraig
What snakes do you own?:Breed Gopher morphs and BRBs
Why do you keep snakes?:Look great, easy, fascinating genetics
What other animals do you have?:2 pound puppies, cockatiel, red ear slider, 90g saltwater tank, F2 Jungle Cat hybrid, misc wild-caught reptiles/amphibians that the kids bring in.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?:anything outdoors
Anything else to add?:
(Optional) Picture:

Old 06-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #154
SpartaDog
What snakes do you own?: 3 ball pythons, boa, and a carpet python (soon trading for a Dumeril's boa)
Why do you keep snakes?: Because they're beautiful, fascinating, and misunderstood. They're some of the best pets I've ever had, and I've had a lot.
What other animals do you have?: At the moment, a boxer/Staffordshire bull terrier mix and a freshwater community fish tank. In the past I've had hamsters, leopard geckos, green and Bahaman anoles, a collared lizards, a few fish tanks, bettas, and a cat
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Drawing, comics, moviegoing....but mostly drawing.
Anything else to add?: I'm an atheist, not a satanist, and my snakes are my kids, not my trophies. I love them just as much as "normal" pet owners love their animals.
Picture:

Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #155
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastytyler44 View Post
correction its 11 ball pythons, not 12, and more pics

The Boston terrier looks to be boss over the English bull ? Love that pic .

Thats just a great pic to see.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #156
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir666python View Post
What snakes do you own?: ball pythons and boas
Why do you keep snakes?: My dad always had snakes as i was growing up and i've herped as long as i can remember.
What other animals do you have?: bearded dragons, rats, 2 pit bulls, and a cat
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: art, herping, xbox, sports such as swiming and football, and being on fauna lol
Anything else to add?: want to know if 66% hets are worth trying to prove out....

pic1 me
pic2 fishing
pic3 my art [paint]
pic4 my art [color penical]

IMO,yes,66% hets are worth trying to prove out.Especially if a high end snake .
I have 2 that will prove themselves this year i hope. Next at the latest.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #157
mxracer4life
What snakes do you own?: At one time I had a mixture of 70 + boas, pythons and colubrids, but now that I have the family life, I am down to 1 male super hypo jungle, 1 female super hypo and 1 female hybrid jungle.
Why do you keep snakes?: I grew up with a love for the outdoors, including animals. As a kid I can remember catching all kinds of critters, but couldn't keep any. Once I was old enough to properly take care of my own pet, a snake was my first choice and always will be.
What other animals do you have?: Other than my snakes, I have a mixture of chickens, turkeys and ducks, 1 boxer, 1 yorkie-poo, 1 silkie yorkie and a cat.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Hiking, camping, swimming, bike riding, motocross, farming and wood working.
Anything else to add?: I live in good ole Southern Illinois.(Optional) Picture:

Old 08-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #158
Reisreptiles
What snakes do you own?: Only a rosy boa at the moment.
Why do you keep snakes?:Because I think they're beautiful, fascinating creatures.
What other animals do you have?: 4 birds, 3 cats, 4 dogs... and a fish.
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Cosplaying/costuming
Anything else to add?: Nope
(Optional) Picture:

Old 08-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #159
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisreptiles View Post
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: Cosplaying/costuming
very pretty!
What genre/fandom do you typically cosplay?

Old 08-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #160
BulkMice.com
What snakes do you own?: Ball pythons, retic
Why do you keep snakes?: Fascinating creatures to experiment with genetics
What other animals do you have?: Pit bull, german shepherd, mice and rats
What other hobbies do you enjoy?: reptiles, salt water aquaria, power lifting, computers, guns, marksmanship, autos, astronomy, shark fishing, motorcycles, gunsmithing

Me and IFBB mr Olympia Dexter Jackson

Used to be single so my bachelor pad was a bit dirty and full of man stuff

One of the toys

Track bike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!