Info Just got this from SYR - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #151
Twizted Paths
I just received a reply back from them.

They state that they did indeed have a non venomous snake specific shipping waiver from UPS.

As their waiver is not open for public viewing that's going to have to be enough for me for now.

Until this is straightened out I will not be shipping or receiving snakes through UPS at all. Through SYR or not, with the scrutiny this is causing I don't think it would be in the animals best interest at this point in time.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #152
Shadera
I'm just finishing up with my FedEx waiver and am gonna stick with that from here on out.

Bandwagon? What I see are a lot of folks who never really got satisfactory answers from the get-go receiving even less answers now. SYR is not at this time addressing this publicly, and their site says nothing at all about halting the shipping of snakes. Business as usual I guess. Why not post publicly at least on the main site and put some or all of these fears and questions to rest if there is nothing to hide? Some if not most of us are reasonable people capable of coming to our own conclusions - no need for bandwagons.

Nothing against proexotics, I have several of their animals in my collection and love them and will buy more, but I'm not going down with the captain of the shipping ship. I learned my lesson with repster.

Did I enjoy the discounts? Heck yeah I did, and all of my shipments through them went without a hitch. But it just feels like something is being hidden from us. No one's actually laid eyes on that waiver, and this shouldn't be such a top secret project any more. The lack of response from them is what ultimately has lost them my shipping business, even if they recover.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #153
Melinda
Quote:
They are getting singled out because it is supposed to be a legitimate business allowing you to legitimately ship snakes. If I received a snake through UPS from someone that did not use SYR I would not be critical. I am not critical of the old timers and how they had to sneak their shipment though that was the time and we knew the risks. I am critical of a service that says we will ship your snakes through UPS because we have a contract with them to do so but you have to be careful not to get caught so fudge your label a little.
Ditto!

Old 05-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #154
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
No offence, but this is not on SYR's web site. You have posted a Google screen shot. Where does it say on SYR's web site that you can ship snakes?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #155
bwt501
the video on the site shows Robyn packing up a Ball Python...

Old 05-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #156
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwt501 View Post
the video on the site shows Robyn packing up a Ball Python...
I understand that, which could be considered misleading. Again I ask, where on SYR's web site does it say that you can ship snakes?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #157
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
No offence, but this is not on SYR's web site.
Yes, it is for google to display that it would have to be listed as a meta tag within the source HTML of shipyourreptiles.com.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #158
Khaman
Anyone can access the source code of a website just right click and select view source

Old 05-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #159
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
I am not a computer programmer, but I did just take my first computer programming class in college. It appears to me that the specific html coding you did a screen shot of, is designed for search engines. Most people do not go searching through the html coding of a web site. In fact, a lot of people probably don't even know how to view the html coding. So my question has still not been answered. Where on their web site does it say in plain view, for all to see, that they are allowed to ship snakes? I rephrased it a little. Maybe that is better.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #160
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Where on their web site does it say in plain view, for all to see, that they are allowed to ship snakes? I rephrased it a little. Maybe that is better.
It doesn't if you come to the site though a search engine to ship your snake it pops up first on the list and even says we ship them "securely and affordable", they sell you a snake shipping kit, they show a how to video using a snake to demonstrate but no where does it say they ship snakes except in the meta tags which someone from SYR had to put on there because Google and the rest of the search engines don't write sites tags they just read and display them.

I would also like to point out the site does not say they ship lizards, monitors, geckos, frogs, turtles, ect except in those meta tags but we are not questioning whether or not they ship those. We are questioning why if they have stopped shipping snakes even for a short time why have they not put a notice on the website stating as much. IMO it seems they want to say we warned you not to ship but you did..oh did you not get the email or read any of the forums we're sorry but you are just SOL. just so it will be business as usual because I would think a majority of their business is the shipping of snakes because aside from the discount that is the only thing they have going for them because every Joe with an account can ship almost everything else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!