Reptile owners - Stay away from Mooresville, NC - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #151
sagespyder@yahoo.com
This is absolutly horrible what you have had to go through with your extended family/herps. I am absolutly appalled that they would bend over because of a dottering old fool that has no right to complain other than her own fears and insecurities which have been found to be unfounded! If we were better fitted to take in herps while you worked everything out we would and cover shipping. As it is we are just starting out and don't have much available room. I know that there are many, many people out there and here supporting you and your cause as well as trying to educate many on the world of herps so this stigmata torwards many herps, snakes amoung the most.

I am sorry that HOA has turned against you and trying to push you against the wall with the rest of the community. I am sure with everyone here you will find a way to keep your herp family whole and continue to educate the masses in you community that reptiles are not the mosters portrayed in movies and the media.

Stand firm in what you are doing and if it does not go your way KNOW you have fought a good fight and in your struggle you may start to turn a few heads and they will help you.

Best wishes, good luck, and you will be in our prayers.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:33 PM   #152
SnakeLadyK
Thank you. I can't tell you what a blessing you all have been through this. I need to apologize for not saying much, but my screen name has been searched and this thread is being watched by some of the town's higher ups.
I'm not doing anything illegal, so whoever it is, is trying to dig up as much dirt as possible, and its put my family in jeopardy.

If there is anyone close by that can help with keeping some of these babies in hiding for a little while, please send me a PM.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #153
Outcast
That is horrible what they are doing to you. The idiocy of some people who are scared of somthing just because they do not understand it amazes me. I can't believe people would tell you its the animals or you, and be able to get away with it. Its horrible.
I really hope you find a way to sue the pants off everyone involved in this horrible act of discrimination.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #154
Melinda
Since your lease has been broken by the HOA, I know it's alot of work, but have you considered moving to a friendlier Non-HOA area?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #155
SnakeLadyK
We're actually contemplating moving back to FL. The laws are stricter, but as long as you have the right licensing, they leave you alone. A Class III is only $50 and we have no venomous and nothing on the Big 9 list.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #156
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
Since your lease has been broken by the HOA, I know it's alot of work, but have you considered moving to a friendlier Non-HOA area?
K I mean no offense with this next comment.

Why in the world would ANYONE want to give up their freedom of choice to leave in an area that someone can dictate what you do to YOUR house. I can see it if your living in an appartment. But if you are buying your house.... you.... its my house and I'll do with it as I see fit.

K... something for you to look into. Here within the last year I read an article on MSN where a guy got ticketed for public indencey. He was nude in his own bedroom!!!! ... the curtians were open and some ladies walked by and looked inside his home. He went all the way to the supreme court and they ruled in HIS favor. They decided he couldnt be charged with indency because he was in the privacy of his own home.

If your not doing anything ILLEGAL (and you have the records to prove your not from the NC F&W and Animal control).... then they have no grounds to say what you can do INSIDE of your own home. They are infringing on your constitutional rights as a US Citizen.

I'd say find an attorney that is willing to take your case for a very large percentage of the winnings... and destroy them in court. Take it all the way to the top. You have the paperwork to back up your side... they dont have anything but ignorance and fear.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #157
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLadyK View Post
We're actually contemplating moving back to FL. The laws are stricter, but as long as you have the right licensing, they leave you alone. A Class III is only $50 and we have no venomous and nothing on the Big 9 list.
even if your contemplating moving... I would still go after them. They have no rights to say what you can do on the inside of your home. It would be like them trying to say that you and your husband had to sleep in different beds on everyday but Sunday. What gives them the right

Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #158
SnakeLadyK
Oh believe me. This is NOT done. Its not only been impossible to enjoy our animals, but we haven't even been able to enjoy our grandchildren because of all of this.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #159
Outcast
I am pretty sure you can sue for all of this adversely affecting your health also. Mental anguish or something like that.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #160
Melinda
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
K I mean no offense with this next comment.

Why in the world would ANYONE want to give up their freedom of choice to leave in an area that someone can dictate what you do to YOUR house. I can see it if your living in an appartment. But if you are buying your house.... you.... its my house and I'll do with it as I see fit.

K... something for you to look into. Here within the last year I read an article on MSN where a guy got ticketed for public indencey. He was nude in his own bedroom!!!! ... the curtians were open and some ladies walked by and looked inside his home. He went all the way to the supreme court and they ruled in HIS favor. They decided he couldnt be charged with indency because he was in the privacy of his own home.

If your not doing anything ILLEGAL (and you have the records to prove your not from the NC F&W and Animal control).... then they have no grounds to say what you can do INSIDE of your own home. They are infringing on your constitutional rights as a US Citizen.

I'd say find an attorney that is willing to take your case for a very large percentage of the winnings... and destroy them in court. Take it all the way to the top. You have the paperwork to back up your side... they dont have anything but ignorance and fear.
No offense taken. I totally understand. I am in a situation with my crappy neighbors and we've given up, we're going to move asap. Called the cops, talked to the neighbors, don't want to litigate (they have no money anyway). Everyone tells me we shouldn't let them run us out of our home, but we're at the end of our sanity rope.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!